Glamour-Morphic-Theme package rename?

DougEdmunds
Shouldn't the Glamour-Morphic-Theme package be renamed to fall
under Polymorph-Widgets, like the other themes?

It seem that otherwise, the package system will get cluttered
with individual theme names.  I think of the packaging system
as most generic to more specific (using the hyphens).

Glamour-Morphic-Theme seems to stick out as not following
this naming convention.

Re: Glamour-Morphic-Theme package rename?

Stéphane Ducasse
The idea is that alain would like to have only one theme but fully parametrized and that we can unify all that.
Typically orange should not be a subclass :).

Now you are probably right and I want to remove some other not working theme: Pro and a couple of others.

On Mar 2, 2011, at 7:43 PM, DougEdmunds wrote:

> Shouldn't the Glamour-Morphic-Theme package be renamed to fall
> under Polymorph-Widgets, like the other themes?
>
> It seem that otherwise, the package system will get cluttered
> with individual theme names.  I think of the packaging system
> as most generic to more specific (using the hyphens).
>
> Glamour-Morphic-Theme seems to stick out as not following
> this naming convention.

Re: Glamour-Morphic-Theme package rename?

Tudor Girba
Hi,

The Glamour-Morphic-Theme is part of the Glamour project and was adopted as is in Pharo for traceability reasons. The theme will certainly evolve in the future due to the needs from Glamour.

If the package is renamed then also the classes inside should be renamed to not cause clashes with the existing package.

Cheers,
Doru

On 3 Mar 2011, at 11:27, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> The idea is that alain would like to have only one theme but fully parametrized and that we can unify all that.
> Typically orange should not be a subclass :).
>
> Now you are probably right and I want to remove some other not working theme: Pro and a couple of others.
>
> On Mar 2, 2011, at 7:43 PM, DougEdmunds wrote:
>
>> Shouldn't the Glamour-Morphic-Theme package be renamed to fall
>> under Polymorph-Widgets, like the other themes?
>>
>> It seem that otherwise, the package system will get cluttered
>> with individual theme names.  I think of the packaging system
>> as most generic to more specific (using the hyphens).
>>
>> Glamour-Morphic-Theme seems to stick out as not following
>> this naming convention.
>>
>> --

www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."