classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Glamour accordion presentation

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

I'm playing around with Glamour and accordion presentation, however there are couple things I'm struggling with.

I have a simple presentation:

```
| browser data|
data := {
'First' -> #(1 2 3).
'Second' -> #(a b c).
'Third' -> #(A B C).
'Fourth' -> #(! @ #'#').
}.

browser := GLMTabulator new.
browser column: #accordion.
browser transmit to: #accordion; andShow: [ :a |
a accordionArrangement.
a title: 'Accordion'.
data do: [ :pair |
a fastList
title: pair key;
display: pair value
].
a list.
].

browser openOn: #().
```

* Is it possible to tell the accordion to not take more space than is needed? E.g. after item 3, and after item $c there's lot of empty space.
* Is it possible to close accordions upwards? I have added an empty list at the end to consume extra white space, but it is insufficient (see point above) and ugly.
* Is it possible to control which accordions are opened/closed by default?
* Is it possible to connect all the lists so only one item can be selected at any time? Currently I can select independently in the lists.
* Is it possible to build the lists from the input data (=openOn: XXX)? I can fill the data, but if I am making multiple lists then I am lost.

(I could use tree to fix most of the problems, but Accordion looks much nicer :))

Any pointers appreciated,
Peter

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Glamour accordion presentation

Andrei Chis
Hi,

Unfortunately the accordion widget is a bit underdeveloped. A few more comments below.

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm playing around with Glamour and accordion presentation, however there are couple things I'm struggling with.

I have a simple presentation:

```
| browser data|
data := {
'First' -> #(1 2 3).
'Second' -> #(a b c).
'Third' -> #(A B C).
'Fourth' -> #(! @ #'#').
}.

browser := GLMTabulator new.
browser column: #accordion.
browser transmit to: #accordion; andShow: [ :a |
a accordionArrangement.
a title: 'Accordion'.
data do: [ :pair |
a fastList
title: pair key;
display: pair value
].
a list.
].

browser openOn: #().
```

* Is it possible to tell the accordion to not take more space than is needed? E.g. after item 3, and after item $c there's lot of empty space.
* Is it possible to close accordions upwards? I have added an empty list at the end to consume extra white space, but it is insufficient (see point above) and ugly.
* Is it possible to control which accordions are opened/closed by default?
* Is it possible to connect all the lists so only one item can be selected at any time? Currently I can select independently in the lists.

I don't think any of the above things are supported by the current accordion implementation. The current implementation is in GLMMorphicAccordionRenderer>>render:. It's quite small and it could use some improvements.

* Is it possible to build the lists from the input data (=openOn: XXX)? I can fill the data, but if I am making multiple lists then I am lost.

You should be able. The #andShow: block can take as a second parameter the value passed on the entity port (so the value passed to openOn: in your case)

Cheers,
Andrei

(I could use tree to fix most of the problems, but Accordion looks much nicer :))

Any pointers appreciated,
Peter