[Glamour] can't update a GLMTreePresentation

[Glamour] can't update a GLMTreePresentation

cdelaunay
Hello,
I have some difficulties to update a GLMTreePresentation.
I wrote a small example to show my problem :

    |browser collection|
    browser := GLMTabulator new.
    browser row: #list.
    browser transmit to: #list; andShow: [:a |
 a tree
title: 'list';
display: [ :aCollection | aCollection ].
].

   collection := OrderedCollection withAll: #('a' 'b' 'c' 'd').

   browser openOn: collection.

   collection add: 'e'.

   browser update.

   browser openOn: collection

When an element is added to the collection, I would like the GLMTreePresentation to make this new element visible. I tried to send 'update' to the browser, but it doesn't seems to work. Do you have any other idea?

Re: [Glamour] can't update a GLMTreePresentation

Tudor Girba
At the moment, you have to send the update to the tree presentation.

Please open a ticket for this issue.

Doru

On 4 Aug 2010, at 14:07, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Hello,
> I have some difficulties to update a GLMTreePresentation.
> I wrote a small example to show my problem :
>
>     |browser collection|
>     browser := GLMTabulator new.
>     browser row: #list.
>     browser transmit to: #list; andShow: [:a |
> a tree
> title: 'list';
> display: [ :aCollection | aCollection ].
> ].
>
>    collection := OrderedCollection withAll: #('a' 'b' 'c' 'd').
>
>    browser openOn: collection.
>
>    collection add: 'e'.
>
>    browser update.
>
>    browser openOn: collection
>

> When an element is added to the collection, I would like the
> GLMTreePresentation to make this new element visible. I tried to
> send 'update' to the browser, but it doesn't seems to work. Do you
> have any other idea?

www.tudorgirba.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

Re: [Glamour] can't update a GLMTreePresentation

cdelaunay
Even by sending 'update' to the treePresentation, it doesn't seem to work:

   |browser collection treePresentation|
   browser := GLMTabulator new.
   treePresentation := GLMTreePresentation new
title: 'list';
display: [ :aCollection | aCollection ].

   browser row: #list.
   browser transmit to: #list; andShow: [:a |
   a custom: treePresentation.
   ].

   collection := OrderedCollection withAll: #('a' 'b' 'c' 'd').

   browser openOn: collection.

   collection add: 'e'.

   treePresentation update.

   browser update.

2010/8/4 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
[...]

Hi Cyrille,

You are not sending the update the to presentation :). Every time you
show a presentation, you will show a copy.

Try:

browser panes first presentations first update.

Cheers,
Doru

On 4 Aug 2010, at 14:49, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Even by sending 'update' to the treePresentation, it doesn't seem to
> work:
>
>    |browser collection treePresentation|
>    browser := GLMTabulator new.
>    treePresentation := GLMTreePresentation new
> title: 'list';
> display: [ :aCollection | aCollection ].
>
>    browser row: #list.
>    browser transmit to: #list; andShow: [:a |
>   a custom: treePresentation.
>   ].
>
>    collection := OrderedCollection withAll: #('a' 'b' 'c' 'd').
>
>    browser openOn: collection.
>
>    collection add: 'e'.
>
>    treePresentation update.
>
>    browser update.
>
> 2010/8/4 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> At the moment, you have to send the update to the tree presentation.
>
> Please open a ticket for this issue.
>
> Doru
>

> On 4 Aug 2010, at 14:07, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I have some difficulties to update a GLMTreePresentation.
> I wrote a small example to show my problem :
>
>    |browser collection|
>    browser := GLMTabulator new.
>    browser row: #list.
>    browser transmit to: #list; andShow: [:a |
>         a tree
>                title: 'list';
>                display: [ :aCollection | aCollection ].
>        ].
>
>   collection := OrderedCollection withAll: #('a' 'b' 'c' 'd').
>
>   browser openOn: collection.
>
>   collection add: 'e'.
>
>   browser update.
>
>   browser openOn: collection
>

> When an element is added to the collection, I would like the
> GLMTreePresentation to make this new element visible. I tried to
> send 'update' to the browser, but it doesn't seems to work. Do you
> have any other idea?

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: [Glamour] can't update a GLMTreePresentation

cdelaunay

Ho that's true,
You already explained me that, I will try to keep that in mind now :)
[...]

I fixed the issue now. Updating a browser or a composite presentation,
propagates the updates to the inner panes and presentations.

Cheers,
Doru

On 4 Aug 2010, at 15:27, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Ho that's true,
> You already explained me that, I will try to keep that in mind now :)
> 2010/8/4 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi Cyrille,
>
> You are not sending the update the to presentation :). Every time
> you show a presentation, you will show a copy.
>
> Try:
>
> browser panes first presentations first update.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 4 Aug 2010, at 14:49, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>
> Even by sending 'update' to the treePresentation, it doesn't seem to
> work:
>
>   |browser collection treePresentation|
>   browser := GLMTabulator new.
>   treePresentation := GLMTreePresentation new
>                                                        title: 'list';
>                                                        display:
> [ :aCollection | aCollection ].
>
>   browser row: #list.
>   browser transmit to: #list; andShow: [:a |
>           a custom: treePresentation.
>           ].
>
>   collection := OrderedCollection withAll: #('a' 'b' 'c' 'd').
>
>   browser openOn: collection.
>
>   collection add: 'e'.
>
>   treePresentation update.
>
>   browser update.
>
> 2010/8/4 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> At the moment, you have to send the update to the tree presentation.
>
> Please open a ticket for this issue.
>
> Doru
>

> On 4 Aug 2010, at 14:07, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I have some difficulties to update a GLMTreePresentation.
> I wrote a small example to show my problem :
>
>   |browser collection|
>   browser := GLMTabulator new.
>   browser row: #list.
>   browser transmit to: #list; andShow: [:a |
>        a tree
>               title: 'list';
>               display: [ :aCollection | aCollection ].
>       ].
>
>  collection := OrderedCollection withAll: #('a' 'b' 'c' 'd').
>
>  browser openOn: collection.
>
>  collection add: 'e'.
>
>  browser update.
>
>  browser openOn: collection
>

> When an element is added to the collection, I would like the
> GLMTreePresentation to make this new element visible. I tried to
> send 'update' to the browser, but it doesn't seems to work. Do you
> have any other idea?

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."