[Glamour] delete/reinitialize rows from a GLMTabulator

[Glamour] delete/reinitialize rows from a GLMTabulator

cdelaunay
Hello,

I have a browser, which is a GLMTabulator.
I would like to dynamically change its number of rows.
Is there a way to do that?

My idea was:
Every time I want to update my browser, I delete all existing rows and rebuild the ones i want. Is it possible?

Re: [Glamour] delete/reinitialize rows from a GLMTabulator

Tudor Girba
Hi,

You basically want to update a presentation which, given that you talk
about rows, seems to be a table.

In this case, you have two options:

1. register to an announcement from your model:

a table
        updateOn: YourAnnouncement from: [ :entity | "computation of the
announcer" ];

2. in case the model does not offer announcements, you can just
manually trigger an update:

a table
        act: [ :table | table update ] entitled: 'Refresh'

When an update is sent (either directly or indirectly via
announcements), the complete table is refreshed.

Does that help?

Cheers,
Doru

On 31 May 2010, at 15:10, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a browser, which is a GLMTabulator.
> I would like to dynamically change its number of rows.
> Is there a way to do that?
>
> My idea was:
> Every time I want to update my browser, I delete all existing rows
> and rebuild the ones i want. Is it possible?

www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: [Glamour] delete/reinitialize rows from a GLMTabulator

cdelaunay
This is not really what I want to do :)
It is not a presentation that I want to update, but the browser itself.
For example, If I have a browser initialized like that:

   browser := GLMTabulator new.
   browser row: #firstRow
   browser transmit to: #firstRow; andShow: [:a |
       a custom: ....
   ].

I have no problem to register to annoucments of my model.
What I would like to do, when the event I register for occure,is to add or delete some 'row' of my browser. A simple way would be to 'clean' the browser (by removing all its content, all its 'rows') and then re-set it some row and columns according the event I intercept.

I don't know how to 'clean' the browser (?)

2010/5/31 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
[...]

Ohh, I see now.

The best way to do that is to use a DynamicPresentation that will
return the browser based on the entity. Then you should update this
Dynamic presentation.

Some description can be found here:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/internals/glamour/presentations/dynamic

Also, look at: