Glamour dependency

Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez
Hi Tudor,

I was loading Glamour in a new core image (1.1) and I got this message:

----------------
This package depends on the following classes:
  PluggableShoutMorph
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  GLMPluggableShoutMorph
  GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>announcer
  GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>selectFrom:to:

Re: Glamour dependency

Simon Denier-3

On 22 avr. 2010, at 12:34, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:

> Hi Tudor,
>
> I was loading Glamour in a new core image (1.1) and I got this message:
>
> ----------------
> This package depends on the following classes:
>  PluggableShoutMorph
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>  GLMPluggableShoutMorph
>  GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>announcer
>  GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>selectFrom:to:
> -----------------
>
> The shout package is missing in the configuration of glamour.

Hi Veronica

Probably you will run into further problems, because configurations are not made for Core images :)
After the 4.0 release, we will make 4.1 working with Pharo 1.1 (the dev, not the core)

Try to load ConfigurationOfShout from Metacello Repository meanwhile.

> regards,
> Veronica

 Simon

Re: Glamour dependency

Tudor Girba
Indeed, the Glamour Configuration is intended for the dev image. But,
it would be great if someone would take the time to load it in a Core
image :)

Doru

On 22 Apr 2010, at 12:58, Simon Denier wrote:

> On 22 avr. 2010, at 12:34, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:
>
>> Hi Tudor,
>>
>> I was loading Glamour in a new core image (1.1) and I got this
>> message:
>>
>> ----------------
>> This package depends on the following classes:
>> PluggableShoutMorph
>> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
>> these definitions:
>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph
>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>announcer
>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>selectFrom:to:
>> -----------------
>>
>> The shout package is missing in the configuration of glamour.
>

> Hi Veronica
>
> Probably you will run into further problems, because configurations
> are not made for Core images :)
> After the 4.0 release, we will make 4.1 working with Pharo 1.1 (the
> dev, not the core)
>
> Try to load ConfigurationOfShout from Metacello Repository meanwhile.
>

>> regards,
>> Veronica

> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: Glamour dependency

Simon Denier-3

On 22 avr. 2010, at 23:26, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Indeed, the Glamour Configuration is intended for the dev image. But, it would be great if someone would take the time to load it in a Core image :)

I asked Cyrille to take a look at that for Pharo 1.1

> Doru
>

> On 22 Apr 2010, at 12:58, Simon Denier wrote:
>

>> On 22 avr. 2010, at 12:34, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tudor,
>>>
>>> I was loading Glamour in a new core image (1.1) and I got this message:
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> This package depends on the following classes:
>>> PluggableShoutMorph
>>> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph
>>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>announcer
>>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>selectFrom:to:
>>> -----------------
>>>
>>> The shout package is missing in the configuration of glamour.
>>

>> Hi Veronica
>>
>> Probably you will run into further problems, because configurations are not made for Core images :)
>> After the 4.0 release, we will make 4.1 working with Pharo 1.1 (the dev, not the core)
>>
>> Try to load ConfigurationOfShout from Metacello Repository meanwhile.
>>

>>> regards,
>>> Veronica
>>
>> --
>> Simon

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

 Simon

Re: Glamour dependency

Tudor Girba
Great! :)

Doru

On 23 Apr 2010, at 00:06, Simon Denier wrote:

> On 22 avr. 2010, at 23:26, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Indeed, the Glamour Configuration is intended for the dev image.
>> But, it would be great if someone would take the time to load it in
>> a Core image :)
>

> I asked Cyrille to take a look at that for Pharo 1.1
>

>> Doru

>>> Hi Veronica
>>>
>>> Probably you will run into further problems, because
>>> configurations are not made for Core images :)
>>> After the 4.0 release, we will make 4.1 working with Pharo 1.1
>>> (the dev, not the core)
>>>
>>> Try to load ConfigurationOfShout from Metacello Repository
>>> meanwhile.

>>> --
>>> Simon

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know
>> her."

> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"Don't give to get. Just give."

Re: Glamour dependency

Alexandre Bergel
I exactly worked on this today for Mondrian. Making it run in Core1.1.
A small bit is needed still, but the process is smooth and easy. The
recent changes in the parser requires some adjustment (e.g., rewrite
"-1@-3" into "-1 @ -3"), but nothing critical. The easel cannot be
opened though.

I gave a try few weeks ago with Moose. It was working. I will try
again tomorrow. I am curious.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 22 Apr 2010, at 18:19, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Great! :)
>
> Doru
>

> On 23 Apr 2010, at 00:06, Simon Denier wrote:
>

>> On 22 avr. 2010, at 23:26, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Indeed, the Glamour Configuration is intended for the dev image.
>>> But, it would be great if someone would take the time to load it
>>> in a Core image :)
>>

>> I asked Cyrille to take a look at that for Pharo 1.1
>>

>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know
>>> her."

>> --
>> Simon

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Don't give to get. Just give."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Glamour dependency

Stéphane Ducasse
yes this is important to put pressure on pharo 1.1
So please do it.

Stef

On Apr 23, 2010, at 2:10 AM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> I exactly worked on this today for Mondrian. Making it run in Core1.1. A small bit is needed still, but the process is smooth and easy. The recent changes in the parser requires some adjustment (e.g., rewrite "-1@-3" into "-1 @ -3"), but nothing critical. The easel cannot be opened though.
>
> I gave a try few weeks ago with Moose. It was working. I will try again tomorrow. I am curious.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On 22 Apr 2010, at 18:19, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Great! :)
>>
>> Doru

>>> I asked Cyrille to take a look at that for Pharo 1.1

>>> --
>>> Simon

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Don't give to get. Just give."

Re: Glamour dependency

Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez
Hi Doru,

I have some conflicts with a prerequisite of Glamour (Morphic-MorphTreeWidget of Momo10) in a pharo1.1 core image which already includes a newer version (there are many differences specially renamings)
That does not affect Torch at all, but it is breaking other browser :S.. I know, the configuration is intended of a dev image...

So, I am doing some experiments without that prerequisite... The newer version works pretty fine, with only one exception (a renamed method) in one of those classes that Glamour is using, of course i can include it as one of my extensions.
Could I include a configuration in Glamour intended for a core image?

cheers,
Veronica

On 22 Apr 2010, at 23:26, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Indeed, the Glamour Configuration is intended for the dev image. But, it would be great if someone would take the time to load it in a Core image :)
>
> Doru
>

> On 22 Apr 2010, at 12:58, Simon Denier wrote:
>

>> On 22 avr. 2010, at 12:34, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tudor,
>>>
>>> I was loading Glamour in a new core image (1.1) and I got this message:
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> This package depends on the following classes:
>>> PluggableShoutMorph
>>> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph
>>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>announcer
>>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>selectFrom:to:
>>> -----------------
>>>
>>> The shout package is missing in the configuration of glamour.
>>

>> Hi Veronica
>>
>> Probably you will run into further problems, because configurations are not made for Core images :)
>> After the 4.0 release, we will make 4.1 working with Pharo 1.1 (the dev, not the core)
>>
>> Try to load ConfigurationOfShout from Metacello Repository meanwhile.
>>

>>> regards,
>>> Veronica
>>
>> --
>> Simon

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: Glamour dependency

Tudor Girba
Hi Veronica,

Please give it a try at working directly on Glamour. The configuration must be made Pharo version aware because it has to load properly both in 1.0 and in 1.1. It would be great if you could make it work like that. I won't have time to look into it until Friday or Saturday.

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Doru,

I have some conflicts with a prerequisite of Glamour (Morphic-MorphTreeWidget of Momo10) in a pharo1.1 core image which already includes a newer version (there are many differences specially renamings)
That does not affect Torch at all, but it is breaking other browser :S.. I know, the configuration is intended of a dev image...

So, I am doing some experiments without that prerequisite... The newer version works pretty fine, with only one exception (a renamed method) in one of those classes that Glamour is using, of course i can include it as one of my extensions.
Could I include a configuration in Glamour intended for a core image?

cheers,
Veronica

On 22 Apr 2010, at 23:26, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Indeed, the Glamour Configuration is intended for the dev image. But, it would be great if someone would take the time to load it in a Core image :)
>
> Doru
>

> On 22 Apr 2010, at 12:58, Simon Denier wrote:
>

>> On 22 avr. 2010, at 12:34, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tudor,
>>>
>>> I was loading Glamour in a new core image (1.1) and I got this message:
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> This package depends on the following classes:
>>> PluggableShoutMorph
>>> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph
>>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>announcer
>>> GLMPluggableShoutMorph>>selectFrom:to:
>>>
>>> The shout package is missing in the configuration of glamour.
>>

>> Hi Veronica
>>
>> Probably you will run into further problems, because configurations are not made for Core images :)
>> After the 4.0 release, we will make 4.1 working with Pharo 1.1 (the dev, not the core)
>>
>> Try to load ConfigurationOfShout from Metacello Repository meanwhile.
>>

>>> regards,
>>> Veronica