Glamour question

wernerk
Hi,
if i want to have access to the variables in a workspace and know its
window i simply do:
window model instVarNamed: 'bindings'
now i'd like to know how i do something like that with a GTPlayground
that resides in a GLMSystemWindow
werner

Re: Glamour question

Andrei Chis
Hi Werner,

If all you have in the window is the playground then this should give you the bindings: (window findDeeplyA: RubEditingArea) model variableBindings
I know it's not pretty but it works.

Now accessing the bindings of a playground seems like a useful use-case. I'll look to see if I can add a nicer api for this.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Werner Kassens <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
if i want to have access to the variables in a workspace and know its window i simply do:
window model instVarNamed: 'bindings'
now i'd like to know how i do something like that with a GTPlayground that resides in a GLMSystemWindow
werner

Re: Glamour question

wernerk
Hi Andrei,
oh yes, that answers my question exactly, thank you!

> Now accessing the bindings of a playground seems like a useful use-case.
> I'll look to see if I can add a nicer api for this.
i agree, otoh <grin> even workspace doesnt have one, as i have to use
#instVarNamed:.

werner