Glamour: read-only text and closing

jfabry
Hi Doru, all,

I have 2 quick Glamour questions:
- how can I have a text (GLMTextPresentation) that is read-only, preferably with a grey background, so that it looks like a label or status line ?
- how do I programatically close the browser, e.g. from within a button in the browser itself?

Thanks in advance!
--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry

Re: Glamour: read-only text and closing

Tudor Girba
Hi,

> Hi Doru, all,
>
> I have 2 quick Glamour questions:
> - how can I have a text (GLMTextPresentation) that is read-only,
> preferably with a grey background, so that it looks like a label or
> status line ?

Right now, this is available through the GLMLabelPresentation. This is
how the status bar is created.

> - how do I programatically close the browser, e.g. from within a
> button in the browser itself?

Hmm. This is not possible right now, but I am intrigued by the
scenario :). Could you describe the scenario in more details? Why
would you need that? Is it that you want to use the browser as a
dialogue window?

Cheers,
Doru

> Thanks in advance!
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing should have the right to be different."

Re: Glamour: read-only text and closing

Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez
hi Doru,

On 07 Jul 2010, at 07:29, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Hi Doru, all,
>>
>> I have 2 quick Glamour questions:
>> - how can I have a text (GLMTextPresentation) that is read-only, preferably with a grey background, so that it looks like a label or status line ?
>
> Right now, this is available through the GLMLabelPresentation. This is how the status bar is created.

i also need the same... but label is just for simple text and not for example for highlighting source code...

On 07 Jul 2010, at 01:29, Tudor Girba wrote:

>> - how can I have a text (GLMTextPresentation) that is read-only, preferably with a grey background, so that it looks like a label or status line ?
>
> Right now, this is available through the GLMLabelPresentation. This is how the status bar is created.

OK, thanks!

>> - how do I programatically close the browser, e.g. from within a button in the browser itself?
>
> Hmm. This is not possible right now, but I am intrigued by the scenario :). Could you describe the scenario in more details? Why would you need that? Is it that you want to use the browser as a dialogue window?

Well yes, that's more or less the plan. It's not a straightforward thing though. I need complex user input associating different elements together, depending on some data extracted from a model. Once the different associations are set, a big 'OK' button should pass this to another part of the program and close the window.