Glamour - textBackgroundColor:

Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez
Hi,

I started using #textBackgroundColor:  which fits pretty good for my purposes as i don't want to overuse icons :)
However, I think there is a conflict with the background color and the selected item color depending on the width of the panel.  I attached two screenshots.

The first shows the selection of "14.....", here as the text is short it's easy to see that this item is selected.
But in the second it's very complicate to appreciate that "13 ...." is my item of interest.

Is there a way to make the selection stronger?

Best regards,
Veronica

background1.png (35K) Download Attachment
background2.png (28K) Download Attachment

Re: Glamour - textBackgroundColor:

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Veronica,

The selection you mention is provided by the current Pharo theme, and it is not to be modified per Morph instance. What you can do is to use a transparent color for the background.

For example, take a look at:
finder := GLMFinder new.
finder show: [:a |
        a list
                display: [:x | 10000 to: x ];
                format: [:each | each asString asText ];
                textBackgroundColor: [:each | each odd ifTrue: [Color orange alpha: 0.2] ifFalse: [Color red alpha: 0.2]]].
finder openOn: 10042

Cheers,
Doru

On 3 Dec 2011, at 22:04, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started using #textBackgroundColor:  which fits pretty good for my purposes as i don't want to overuse icons :)
> However, I think there is a conflict with the background color and the selected item color depending on the width of the panel.  I attached two screenshots.
>
> The first shows the selection of "14.....", here as the text is short it's easy to see that this item is selected.
> But in the second it's very complicate to appreciate that "13 ...." is my item of interest.
>
> Is there a way to make the selection stronger?
>
> Best regards,
> Veronica

> Moose-dev mailing list

www.tudorgirba.com