[Glamour]

Nick Chen
Hi

I've been using Glamour to create a browser for a project that I am working on.
I have encountered a weird rendering issue when using
GLMCompositePresentation>>accordionArrangement.

The GLMPresentations that I want to display get cut off at the bottom of the
window. The image below shows the problem.

GLMTextPresentation is cut off at the bottom of the window

I have two GLMTextPresentations being displayed in the "Projecting" pane. One of
them is called "Context Checking" and the other is "Definition". "Context
Checking" and "Definition" are displayed using
GLMCompositePresentation>>accordionArrangement. When I try to expand both of
them, the one at the bottom runs off the screen and it gets cut off. I would
have expected the renderer to space both GLMTextPresentations evenly in the
available vertical space and add scroll bars to them when both are expanded.

I am not sure which part of the code is causing the problem. I am not intimately
familiar with how Glamour does its layout so any pointers to the cause or
solution to the problem would be appreciated.

A temporary fix that might work would be to set a minimal size for the window. I
noticed that if the window is big enough i.e. half the screen then the text does
not get cut off. How can I specify a minimal size for a GLMBrowser window?

Thanks!

Nick

Re: [Glamour]

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

This looks like a problem of the expander morph.

If you want to control the size of the window, you can simply set it on the result of "morphWindow := browser openOn: ...".

Cheers,
Doru

On 31 Jul 2011, at 05:46, Nick Chen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been using Glamour to create a browser for a project that I am working
> on.
> I have encountered a weird rendering issue when using
> GLMCompositePresentation>>accordionArrangement.
>
> The GLMPresentations that I want to display get cut off at the bottom of the
> window. The image below shows the problem.
>
> http://forum.world.st/file/n3707211/accordion.png
>
> I have two GLMTextPresentations being displayed in the "Projecting" pane.
> One of
> them is called "Context Checking" and the other is "Definition". "Context
> Checking" and "Definition" are displayed using
> GLMCompositePresentation>>accordionArrangement. When I try to expand both of
> them, the one at the bottom runs off the screen and it gets cut off. I would
> have expected the renderer to space both GLMTextPresentations evenly in the
> available vertical space and add scroll bars to them when both are expanded.
>
> I am not sure which part of the code is causing the problem. I am not
> intimately
> familiar with how Glamour does its layout so any pointers to the cause or
> solution to the problem would be appreciated.
>
> A temporary fix that might work would be to set a minimal size for the
> window. I
> noticed that if the window is big enough i.e. half the screen then the text
> does
> not get cut off. How can I specify a minimal size for a GLMBrowser window?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Nick

www.tudorgirba.com