Glamour: update presenter with new text

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

In the method bellow, when the method is recompiled, the presenter's
text is still the same (i.e. select another method, then the modified
method: the former source code is still presented).

How to request an update of the presenter's text with the newer method
source?

sourceIn: composite
    ^ composite text
        title: 'Source code' translated;
        display: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod sourceCode ];
        act: [ :presentation :compiledMethod |
            compiledMethod methodClass compile: presentation text]
        on: $s
        entitled: 'Save' translated

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

Andrei Chis
Hi,

You should send #update to the presentation. By default the presentation does not update when an action is executed, as the action could be anything.

sourceIn: composite
    ^ composite text
        title: 'Source code' translated;
        display: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod sourceCode ];
        act: [ :presentation :compiledMethod |
            compiledMethod methodClass compile: presentation text.
            presentation update ]
        on: $s
        entitled: 'Save' translated

Cheers,
Andrei

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 7:47 PM, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

In the method bellow, when the method is recompiled, the presenter's
text is still the same (i.e. select another method, then the modified
method: the former source code is still presented).

How to request an update of the presenter's text with the newer method
source?

sourceIn: composite
    ^ composite text
        title: 'Source code' translated;
        display: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod sourceCode ];
        act: [ :presentation :compiledMethod |
            compiledMethod methodClass compile: presentation text]
        on: $s
        entitled: 'Save' translated

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes
Thanks


Le 02/07/2017 à 20:21, Andrei Chis a écrit :
> You should send #update to the presentation. By default the
> presentation does not update when an action is executed, as the action
> could be anything.
>

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes
Ah sorry no it is not working as expected.

When I saved a modified method, the presenter got its source text
updated (good), but the morph view is reversed to its previous content.

Here is the code I use, anything wrong in the code bellow?

Thanks

Hilaire

sourceIn: composite ^ composite pharoMethod title: 'Source code'
translated; smalltalkClass: [ :each | each methodClass]; display: [
:aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod sourceCode ]; act: [ :presentation
:compiledMethod | compiledMethod methodClass compile: presentation text.
presentation update.] on: $s entitled: 'Save' translated

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes

Sorry for the text formating, it was wrong, hope it is better now:

sourceIn: composite
    ^ composite pharoMethod
        title: 'Source code' translated;
        smalltalkClass: [ :each | each methodClass];
        display: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod sourceCode ];
        act: [ :presentation :compiledMethod |
            compiledMethod methodClass compile: presentation text.
            presentation update.] 
        on: $s 
        entitled: 'Save' translated
-- 
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu
-- 
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

Andrei Chis
In reply to this post by HilaireFernandes
If I'm not mistaken CompiledMethod instances are immutable. When you run 'compiledMethod methodClass compile: presentation text' another CompiledMethod object is created and installed in the methods dictionary. So in the display block 'aCompiledMethod' references the old method. To make this work you'll need to not reference the compiled method object directly or also refresh the list of methods.

Cheers,
Andrei





On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ah sorry no it is not working as expected.

When I saved a modified method, the presenter got its source text
updated (good), but the morph view is reversed to its previous content.

Here is the code I use, anything wrong in the code bellow?

Thanks

Hilaire

sourceIn: composite ^ composite pharoMethod title: 'Source code'
translated; smalltalkClass: [ :each | each methodClass]; display: [
:aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod sourceCode ]; act: [ :presentation
:compiledMethod | compiledMethod methodClass compile: presentation text.
presentation update.] on: $s entitled: 'Save' translated

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes
I will be curious to know how to do that...


Le 03/07/2017 à 18:08, Andrei Chis a écrit :
> 'aCompiledMethod' references the old method. To make this work you'll
> need to not reference the compiled method object directly or also
> refresh the list of methods.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

Juraj Kubelka-2

> El 03-07-2017, a las 22:28, Hilaire <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> I will be curious to know how to do that…

You may have a wrapper that holds the compiled method. So, the method list can hold your wrappers instead of compiled methods.
Than your wrapper could listen to the system announcer for changes and updates its value accordingly.
Or you can update your method list on according to changes in the system announcer.

Check, SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance on: MethodModified do: [ :ann | self inform: ann method printString, ‘ changed’ ].

Juraj

>
>
> Le 03/07/2017 à 18:08, Andrei Chis a écrit :
>> 'aCompiledMethod' references the old method. To make this work you'll
>> need to not reference the compiled method object directly or also
>> refresh the list of methods.
>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu
>
>
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes
Le 03/07/2017 à 23:20, Juraj Kubelka a écrit :
You may have a wrapper that holds the compiled method. So, the method list can hold your wrappers instead of compiled methods.
Than your wrapper could listen to the system announcer for changes and updates its value accordingly.
Or you can update your method list on according to changes in the system announcer.

I really don't know how to hook this in the DrGeo script browser.

The methods are displayed with this code. How to add a listener to update it?

methodsIn: composite  
	composite wrapper  title: 'Methods' translated;
		show: [ :wrapper |
			wrapper fastList 
				display: [ :aClass | aClass methods ];
				format: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod selector asString ] ].
	composite wrapper title:  'Script data' translated;
		show: [ :wrapper |
			wrapper fastList 
				display: [ :aClass | aClass class methods ];
				format: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod selector asString ] ].
	composite onChangeOfPort: #activePresentation act: [ :presentation | 
		(presentation pane port: #activePresentation) value ifNotNil: [ :activePresentation | 
			((browser paneNamed: #methods) port: #selection) value: (activePresentation defaultPane port: #selection) value ] ]

Check, SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance on: MethodModified do: [ :ann | self inform: ann method printString, ‘ changed’ ].

In Pharo6, it should be written:

 SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance when: MethodModified do: [ :ann | self inform: ann method printString, ‘ changed’ ].
-- 
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes

I added these lines of code, but it is not that yet:

	browser 
		updateOn: GLMItemAdded from: #yourself;
		updateOn: GLMItemRemoved from: #yourself.

-- 
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes

May be my use case does not fit to Glamour, but I am tempted to think it does. I really need help on that to make progress.

Thanks

Hilaire


Le 04/07/2017 à 23:08, Hilaire a écrit :

I added these lines of code, but it is not that yet:

	browser 
		updateOn: GLMItemAdded from: #yourself;
		updateOn: GLMItemRemoved from: #yourself.


-- 
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Hilaire,

I think it does fit your problem.

However, I am not sure what the current problem is. Could you describe it again in more details?

Cheers,
Doru


> On Jul 5, 2017, at 5:10 PM, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> May be my use case does not fit to Glamour, but I am tempted to think it does. I really need help on that to make progress.
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
>
> Le 04/07/2017 à 23:08, Hilaire a écrit :
>> I added these lines of code, but it is not that yet:
>>
>> browser
>> updateOn: GLMItemAdded from: #yourself;
>> updateOn: GLMItemRemoved from: #yourself.
>>
>>
>
> --
> Dr. Geo
>
> http://drgeo.eu

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

Juraj Kubelka-2
I think the issue is how to update a browser when a method is modified. There is a script: 

-=-=-=-=-
browser := GLMTabulator new
column: #one;
column: #two;
column: #three;
yourself.
browser transmit to: #one; andShow: [ :composite |
composite fastList ].

browser transmit from: #one; to: #two; andShow: [ :composite |
composite wrapper 
title: [ 'Instance' translated ];
show: [ :wrapper |
wrapper fastList 
display: [ :aClass | aClass methods ];
format: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod selector asString ] ].
composite wrapper 
title: [ 'Class side' translated ];
show: [ :wrapper |
wrapper fastList 
display: [ :aClass | aClass class methods ];
format: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod selector asString ] ].
composite updateOn: MethodModified from: [ SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance ].
composite onChangeOfPort: #activePresentation act: [ :presentation | 
(presentation pane port: #activePresentation) value
ifNotNil: [ :activePresentation | 
((browser paneNamed: #two) port: #selection) value: (activePresentation defaultPane port: #selection) value ] ] ].

browser transmit 
from: #two; to: #three; 
andShow: [ :composite | composite text 
display: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod sourceCode ];
updateOn: MethodModified from: [ SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance ]. ].

browser openOn: Collection allSubclasses.
-=-=-=-=-


But it is not perfect, because it does not keep the selection.

Hilaire, it looks like you are going to end up with a simplified Nautilus/Calypso system editor. 
Maybe it is possible to take Calypso and find out how to simplify it for your needs? 
Well, I am writing it without understanding your goal :-)

Cheers,
Juraj


El 05-07-2017, a las 19:24, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> escribió:

Hi Hilaire,

I think it does fit your problem.

However, I am not sure what the current problem is. Could you describe it again in more details?

Cheers,
Doru


On Jul 5, 2017, at 5:10 PM, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

May be my use case does not fit to Glamour, but I am tempted to think it does. I really need help on that to make progress.

Thanks

Hilaire

Le 04/07/2017 à 23:08, Hilaire a écrit :
I added these lines of code, but it is not that yet:

browser
updateOn: GLMItemAdded from: #yourself;
updateOn: GLMItemRemoved from: #yourself.



--
Dr. Geo

http://drgeo.eu

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes
In reply to this post by Tudor Girba-2

Okay, I will try to describe it:

First in Dr. Geo there is user scripting. The idea is to let the user define a computing object he can plug on a sketch. This object receive an arbitrary number of objects as arguments selected from the sketch by mouse. This script object is a class, subclass of DrGeoUserScript, and each use in a geometric canvas create an instance. This video exposes this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30amxd_introduction-to-scripting_tech


Now, the script editing is done with Nautilus and it is a bit too overload for average user.
What I want is a dedicated browser with more targeted information:
  • Two vertical panes:
  1. at the left, the script classes, but it is the script name (as given by the user) displayed
  2. at the right, the methods of the selected script
  • A large horizontal pane with the source of selected pane.

The attached screenshot shows the wished user interface as writen with Glamour.

Hilaire

Le 05/07/2017 à 19:24, Tudor Girba a écrit :
However, I am not sure what the current problem is. Could you describe it again in more details?

-- 
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

DrGeoBrowser.gif (32K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

Nicolai Hess-3-2
In reply to this post by Juraj Kubelka-2


2017-07-05 19:43 GMT+02:00 Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]>:
I think the issue is how to update a browser when a method is modified. There is a script: 

-=-=-=-=-
browser := GLMTabulator new
column: #one;
column: #two;
column: #three;
yourself.
browser transmit to: #one; andShow: [ :composite |
composite fastList ].

browser transmit from: #one; to: #two; andShow: [ :composite |
composite wrapper 
title: [ 'Instance' translated ];
show: [ :wrapper |
wrapper fastList 
display: [ :aClass | aClass methods ];
format: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod selector asString ] ].
composite wrapper 
title: [ 'Class side' translated ];
show: [ :wrapper |
wrapper fastList 
display: [ :aClass | aClass class methods ];
format: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod selector asString ] ].
composite updateOn: MethodModified from: [ SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance ].
composite onChangeOfPort: #activePresentation act: [ :presentation | 
(presentation pane port: #activePresentation) value
ifNotNil: [ :activePresentation | 
((browser paneNamed: #two) port: #selection) value: (activePresentation defaultPane port: #selection) value ] ] ].

browser transmit 
from: #two; to: #three; 
andShow: [ :composite | composite text 
display: [ :aCompiledMethod | aCompiledMethod sourceCode ];
updateOn: MethodModified from: [ SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance ]. ].

browser openOn: Collection allSubclasses.
-=-=-=-=-

I have some strange behavior with this example.
Saving the edited method in this browser does not actually change the code shown in a "real" browser.
Saving the edited method in a "real" browser may update the code in this browser, but sometimes not, and sometimes it even
shows the code from a different method.

 


But it is not perfect, because it does not keep the selection.

Hilaire, it looks like you are going to end up with a simplified Nautilus/Calypso system editor. 
Maybe it is possible to take Calypso and find out how to simplify it for your needs? 
Well, I am writing it without understanding your goal :-)

Cheers,
Juraj


El 05-07-2017, a las 19:24, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> escribió:

Hi Hilaire,

I think it does fit your problem.

However, I am not sure what the current problem is. Could you describe it again in more details?

Cheers,
Doru


On Jul 5, 2017, at 5:10 PM, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

May be my use case does not fit to Glamour, but I am tempted to think it does. I really need help on that to make progress.

Thanks

Hilaire

Le 04/07/2017 à 23:08, Hilaire a écrit :
I added these lines of code, but it is not that yet:

browser
updateOn: GLMItemAdded from: #yourself;
updateOn: GLMItemRemoved from: #yourself.



--
Dr. Geo

http://drgeo.eu

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes
In reply to this post by Juraj Kubelka-2

For me it unselects the method, and it still reverts the source code view with the previous source code method


Le 05/07/2017 à 19:43, Juraj Kubelka a écrit :
composite updateOn: MethodModified from: [ SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance ].

-- 
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes
In reply to this post by Juraj Kubelka-2
Le 05/07/2017 à 19:43, Juraj Kubelka a écrit :

> I have added the bold line from the previous
> post: http://forum.world.st/Custom-Glamour-browser-for-Dr-Geo-scripting-tp4952920p4953209.html 
>
> But it is not perfect, because it does not keep the selection.
>
> Hilaire, it looks like you are going to end up with a simplified
> Nautilus/Calypso system editor.
> Maybe it is possible to take Calypso and find out how to simplify it
> for your needs?
> Well, I am writing it without understanding your goal :-)

I read again carrefully your example and applied it to my case, and it
does not work as I explained one week ago.
And I am not sure I want to mess arround with Nautilus.
I don't know what to do? Do you want a copy of my image to test it?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I will try to follow up tomorrow.

Cheers,
Doru


> On Jul 12, 2017, at 6:01 PM, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 05/07/2017 à 19:43, Juraj Kubelka a écrit :
>> I have added the bold line from the previous
>> post: http://forum.world.st/Custom-Glamour-browser-for-Dr-Geo-scripting-tp4952920p4953209.html 
>>
>> But it is not perfect, because it does not keep the selection.
>>
>> Hilaire, it looks like you are going to end up with a simplified
>> Nautilus/Calypso system editor.
>> Maybe it is possible to take Calypso and find out how to simplify it
>> for your needs?
>> Well, I am writing it without understanding your goal :-)
>
> I read again carrefully your example and applied it to my case, and it
> does not work as I explained one week ago.
> And I am not sure I want to mess arround with Nautilus.
> I don't know what to do? Do you want a copy of my image to test it?
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu
>
>
>

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Problem solving should be focused on describing
the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."






Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

Stephane Ducasse-3
In reply to this post by HilaireFernandes
I can tell you that you do not want to play with nautilus :).

Stef

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 6:01 PM, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 05/07/2017 à 19:43, Juraj Kubelka a écrit :
>> I have added the bold line from the previous
>> post: http://forum.world.st/Custom-Glamour-browser-for-Dr-Geo-scripting-tp4952920p4953209.html
>>
>> But it is not perfect, because it does not keep the selection.
>>
>> Hilaire, it looks like you are going to end up with a simplified
>> Nautilus/Calypso system editor.
>> Maybe it is possible to take Calypso and find out how to simplify it
>> for your needs?
>> Well, I am writing it without understanding your goal :-)
>
> I read again carrefully your example and applied it to my case, and it
> does not work as I explained one week ago.
> And I am not sure I want to mess arround with Nautilus.
> I don't know what to do? Do you want a copy of my image to test it?
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Glamour: update presenter with new text

HilaireFernandes
In reply to this post by Tudor Girba-2
Ok, thanks Doru.

In case it can helpm I upload a DrGeo image[1] with all the involved code.

Thanks

Hilaire

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/q06jihslvkzye8r/DrGeoBrowser.zip?dl=0

Le 12/07/2017 à 19:19, Tudor Girba a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I will try to follow up tomorrow.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu



12
Loading...