[Glass] Attention Mac users...

GLASS mailing list
For the next round of releases are considering supporting doing builds on Mavericks which means that GemStone may not run on older Mac versions ... In general we are considering supporting the 2 latest mac versions moving forward ...

Note that we consider the Mac a development only platform ...

Anyway, I don't think this is unreasonable, but if you can think of reasons why older versions should be supported, then let us know and we will take that into consideration...

Dale

Re: [Glass] Attention Mac users...

GLASS mailing list
Well Mavericks does run on machines all the way back to 2007 http://www.everymac.com/mac-answers/os-x-10.9-mavericks-faq/os-x-mavericks-compatible-macs-system-requirements.html
For $800-900 you can get a mac mini with 8GB and SSD (of some form) (gazillion times faster) so I don't see why it would be driven by a hardware issue.
Some third party software compatibility issue, ditch them, life is short...