[Glass] Cannot remote debug certain seaside related problems

[Glass] Cannot remote debug certain seaside related problems

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys,

It happens to me quite frequently that there is an excpetion that I cannot properly debug after clicked "Remote Debug" in my GemTools. Today I can reproduce it in my app. What do I mean by saying I cannot debug?

1) I put a line:   'mariano' xxx.   at the very beginning of a #renderContentOn:
2) When I go to Debug in GemTools, I see 4 entries in the ObjectLog with the message: "aMessageDoesNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), aString does not understand 'xxx' ". So...first question is why I have 4 of them if I clicked only once...
3) When I click to debug any of them, I cannot see the proper stack trace that yield to the #renderContentOn:. Instead, I see a stack trace which seem to happen while trying to open the debugger with the real exception.
4) The piece of code that triggers a new exception while trying to manage my own exception is:

WARequestContext >> push: aRequestHandler during: aBlock
"Push aRequestHandler onto the handler stack while evaluating aBlock."
handlers addFirst: aRequestHandler.
^ [ WACurrentRequestContext use: self during: aBlock ]
ensure: [ handlers removeFirst ]

Basically, when the #removeFirst is thrown, the 'handlers' is empty.

This is very annoying since I cannot debug my real exception.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Re: [Glass] Cannot remote debug certain seaside related problems

Mariano Martinez Peck
Ouch.....again...it was the fault of the  GEM_NATIVE_CODE_ENABLED which was on true :(

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Glass] Cannot remote debug certain seaside related problems

Dale Henrichs-3
Mariano,

I will double check, but I think that in 3.2 we do a better job of debugging native stacks as a native stack can be converted "on the fly"...

Dale