[Glass] Downloading community edition

GLASS mailing list
Hello,

Where can I find the starter community edition for Windows 7 ?

Roelof

Re: [Glass] Downloading community edition

Richard Sargent
Administrator
GLASS mailing list wrote
Where can I find the starter community edition for Windows 7 ?
I'm glad you're looking at GemStone. Unfortunately, GLASS requires a 64-bit server and they only run under Unix-class operating systems, such as Linux.

You should be able to set up a Linux VM and install on it. I don't have any guidance on doing that, but as always, Google will be very helpful.

Re: [Glass] Downloading community edition

GLASS mailing list
Roelof,

As Richard mentioned GemStone runs on a Linux or Mac ... if you obtain a Ubuntu 10.04 or Ubuntu 12.04 vm (I've used thoughtpolice[1] in the past) you can follow the instructions here[2] for installing GemStone on the vm ... There are also instructions for installing a remote tode client[3].

Assuming that you are planning on doing a Seaside-base app, there are instructions here[4] for getting started with Seaside and GemStone ...

A word or two of warning: both the GsDevKit and tODE are pretty new and the documentation for tODE is especially sparse at the moment and I personally do not have ready access (nor ready skills) for working with Windows but if you are willing to give it a go, I am willing to help you as much as I can ...

Let me know how it goes,

Dale