[Glass] Fuel for GemStone? (or someone got SIXX pull parser working?)

[Glass] Fuel for GemStone? (or someone got SIXX pull parser working?)

GLASS mailing list
Hi guys,

I have already started to face the SIXX limits between Pharo and GemStone. I know some people have started to use SIXX with a pull parser. So... has anyone already successfully used SIXX pull parsed in BOTH places, Pharo and GemStone?

I was thinking that if I would need to do that...that would simply give me some more air. But it won't solve my future needs of moving large graphs between stones and between pharo-gemstone. So...I was thinking that instead of spending time in SIXX + pull parser, I could spend that effort in Fuel for GemStone. Would someone be interested in this topic?
Second...is someone interested with time to help me?

Re: [Glass] Fuel for GemStone? (or someone got SIXX pull parser working?)

GLASS mailing list
Mariano,

Time is of short supply these days, but I am interested and I will gladly help you with any gnarly GemStone issues that pop up.

Dale

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 7:23 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano,

Time is of short supply these days, but I am interested and I will gladly help you with any gnarly GemStone issues that pop up.

uffff talking about time....I am very very short these days hahhahaha.

Let me ask..do you think it seems possible? have other binary serializers ever worked in both dialects and being able to serialize in one and materialize in the other?
Or at least, was there any binary serializer ever for gemstone?

Dale

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

I have already started to face the SIXX limits between Pharo and GemStone. I know some people have started to use SIXX with a pull parser. So... has anyone already successfully used SIXX pull parsed in BOTH places, Pharo and GemStone?

I was thinking that if I would need to do that...that would simply give me some more air. But it won't solve my future needs of moving large graphs between stones and between pharo-gemstone. So...I was thinking that instead of spending time in SIXX + pull parser, I could spend that effort in Fuel for GemStone. Would someone be interested in this topic?
Second...is someone interested with time to help me?

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Glass] Fuel for GemStone? (or someone got SIXX pull parser working?)

GLASS mailing list
Hi Mariano,

My info may be a bit out of date - but for moving between gemstone instances, I think there is still a BinaryObjectStorage class you can use.  Unless SIXX does some internal XML magic, I found moving from XML to boss gave me a 90% reduction in file size.

How large of an XML file does SIXX currently generate?

[...]

Jon,

I don't think there is a BOSS for GemSTone ... BOSS was for VW, if I'm not mistaken ...

Dale

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Jon Paynter <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Cross platform serializers can be dicey business ... I think ... but then I've never really looked closely at Fuel ...
The internal implementation of many (if not most) of the "standard" collection classes is very different in GemStone so straight up structural serialization probably won't cut it ...

Perhaps a collaborative effort on the pull-parser will be a more fruitful approach ... I can probably pry some cycles loose to blow the dust off and see how it looks ....

Dale

[...]

[Glass] GRPlatform current deprecationExceptionSet is returning an Array not an ExceptionSet

GLASS mailing list
Hi tODE users,

I’ve had an issue with a fresh installed seaside through tODE whereby clicking on anything in the /config app throws the following exception:

a ArgumentTypeError occurred (error 2094), reason:rtErrBadArgKind, for anArray expected a ExceptionSet

This appears to be because "GRPlatform current deprecationExceptionSet” is returning an Array rather than an ExceptionSet.

I’m sure this is the same process I’ve been using since I started playing with tODE so maybe Grease has been updated in the last week?

To recreate and test I’ve started from a fresh GsDevKit...

installServer test 3.2.2
$gsDevKitHome/projects/seaside31/createProjectEntry test Zinc FastCGI
…then in tODE…
project load Seaside3
/home/seaside/webServer —register=zinc —port=8383 —start

browse "http://localhost:8383/config” and click on anything.

It’s a simple fix
GRPlatform deprecationExceptionSet
  "Answer the exception set that should considered besides WADeprecation."
  ^ ExceptionSet new

…and everything works as expected.

Cheers,

Jupiter

Re: [Glass] GRPlatform current deprecationExceptionSet is returning an Array not an ExceptionSet

GLASS mailing list
On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 12:38 AM, Jupiter Jones via Glass
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi tODE users,
>
> I’ve had an issue with a fresh installed seaside through tODE whereby clicking on anything in the /config app throws the following exception:
>
> a ArgumentTypeError occurred (error 2094), reason:rtErrBadArgKind, for anArray expected a ExceptionSet
>
> This appears to be because "GRPlatform current deprecationExceptionSet” is returning an Array rather than an ExceptionSet.
>
> I’m sure this is the same process I’ve been using since I started playing with tODE so maybe Grease has been updated in the last week?
>
> To recreate and test I’ve started from a fresh GsDevKit...

Uh, oh that was this "fix" [1] that went into 3.1.1. Does GemStone/S
have a platform deprecation notification class?

 [1] https://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=781

Cheers
Philippe

[Glass] Fwd: GRPlatform current deprecationExceptionSet is returning an Array not an ExceptionSet

GLASS mailing list
This message sent yesterday was intended to go to the whole list ... and I have run into complications that I am trying to resolve as we speak:)

Dale