[Glass] How does gemstone take advantage of multiple cores?

[Glass] How does gemstone take advantage of multiple cores?

GLASS mailing list
Hi guys,

I am curious how GemStone takes more advantage in presence of more cores. I mean, which kind of processes are the one distributed across cores?

Another question is if the distribution is at gemstone process level or if there is some parallelization at the Smalltalk language (Gem) level?  What I mean is...a Gem will always be running in one single core (while others could be running in other cores)?  Say I am running a report or something CPU intensive in somewhere in my app code...is there a chance some code of it (maybe some collection related code) will run in parallel?

Thanks in advance,