[Glass] Jade - How to Deploy ...

marten
I know its more a Dolpin question, but how do I deploy/create a Jade.exe ?

I loaded all pacs, even the deployment.pac - I found the packaging tool,
but what do i have to do now ... all attempts I made with this tool ends
up in strange exe files ...

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] Jade - How to Deploy ...

BrunoBB
You have to subclass RuntimeSessionManager. For example:
RuntimeSessionManager
   MyRuntimeSessionManager

You have to implement #mainShellClass. This has to answer your main Shell.
(your EXE will send #show to the Shell of #mainShellClass)

You have to put your MyRuntimeSessionManager class in a package, then select that package and select Deploy.

In the second step of the Stripper you have to select a runtime session class (MyRuntimeSessionManager ).

regards,
bruno

Re: [Glass] Jade - How to Deploy ...

James Foster-9
With all the Jade packages loaded, select ‘Jade Deployment’, right-click and select 'Deployment' and then select ‘Deploy Executable…’ and accept all the defaults (or click the ‘Deploy’ button on the bottom right of the dialog.

On Apr 7, 2014, at 10:58 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I know its more a Dolpin question, but how do I deploy/create a Jade.exe ?
>
> I loaded all pacs, even the deployment.pac - I found the packaging tool,
> but what do i have to do now ... all attempts I made with this tool ends
> up in strange exe files ...
>
> Marten
>
> --
> Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] Jade - How to Deploy ...

marten
Am 08.04.2014 17:11, schrieb James Foster:> With all the Jade packages
loaded, select ‘Jade Deployment’, right-click and select 'Deployment'
and then select ‘Deploy Executable…’ and accept all the defaults (or
click the ‘Deploy’ button on the bottom right of the dialog.

That's what I did ... and I get a walkback in
StsManager>>getProjectEditionsFor: aString

and db is nil ...

Seems to be a simpe Dolphin question ... but I have never worked with
Dolphin before ... and therefore I do not know, what is wrong here or
better: how to fix it.

Marten

Re: [Glass] Jade - How to Deploy ...

BrunoBB
Marten,

In a Workspace evaluate the following:

StsManager shutdown.

And try again.

This will shutdown Dolphin repository management. But i have deployed Dolphin applications with StsManager running without problem. Something is strange here.

Bruno

Re: [Glass] Jade - How to Deploy ...

James Foster-9
I think I know the problem. During deployment I try to incorporate the version number into the image and that is where you are getting the error. I’ll update things and put out a new version.

On Apr 8, 2014, at 9:02 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Am 08.04.2014 17:11, schrieb James Foster:> With all the Jade packages
> loaded, select ‘Jade Deployment’, right-click and select 'Deployment'
> and then select ‘Deploy Executable…’ and accept all the defaults (or
> click the ‘Deploy’ button on the bottom right of the dialog.
>>

> That's what I did ... and I get a walkback in
> StsManager>>getProjectEditionsFor: aString
>
> and db is nil ...
>
> Seems to be a simpe Dolphin question ... but I have never worked with
> Dolphin before ... and therefore I do not know, what is wrong here or
> better: how to fix it.
>
> Marten

Re: [Glass] Jade - How to Deploy ...

James Foster-9
Version 1.041 should avoid that problem. Can you try again with the latest?

On Apr 8, 2014, at 9:02 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Am 08.04.2014 17:11, schrieb James Foster:> With all the Jade packages
> loaded, select ‘Jade Deployment’, right-click and select 'Deployment'
> and then select ‘Deploy Executable…’ and accept all the defaults (or
> click the ‘Deploy’ button on the bottom right of the dialog.
>>

> That's what I did ... and I get a walkback in
> StsManager>>getProjectEditionsFor: aString
>
> and db is nil ...
>
> Seems to be a simpe Dolphin question ... but I have never worked with
> Dolphin before ... and therefore I do not know, what is wrong here or
> better: how to fix it.
>
> Marten

Re: [Glass] Jade - How to Deploy ...

marten
Now it starts to get interesting:

-> you updates Jade.zip and Jade.exe, but the rest of git is not
changed, therefore your versioning code is still in the pac's delivered
via git

-> I changed the setVersion method, but then when copying the runtime
files it does not find all directories. The (empty) directory
connections is missing on the level of the "img" file.

 After adding that directory I was able to deploy a new own Jade.exe
file ....

Marten