[Glass] Jade - switching selected packages in System browser when deleting classes

[Glass] Jade - switching selected packages in System browser when deleting classes

marten
Assume that I have a package named "Hallo" and another package named
"HalloExtension".

I work in the package "HalloExtension". I delete a class there. The
browser then selects the package "Hallo", the hierarchy tree minimizes
and can not be rebuild because in the new selected package the super
class is not available.

That pretty time consuming to go back to the package I originally worked in.

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] Jade - switching selected packages in System browser when deleting classes

James Foster-9
I’ve uploaded a new zip file with an executable that attempts to make a better guess of which class should be selected in the hierarchy view when a class is removed and its superclass is no longer visible in the current package. This version also addresses an error dialog I was seeing with refreshing the system browser after a debug window was opened.

James

On Mar 2, 2014, at 6:09 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Assume that I have a package named "Hallo" and another package named
> "HalloExtension".
>
> I work in the package "HalloExtension". I delete a class there. The
> browser then selects the package "Hallo", the hierarchy tree minimizes
> and can not be rebuild because in the new selected package the super
> class is not available.
>
> That pretty time consuming to go back to the package I originally worked in.
>
> Marten
>
> --
> Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] Jade - switching selected packages in System browser when deleting classes

James Foster-9
Update: This morning’s build had a problem displaying the methods when the classes were in hierarchy view. This should be fixed now.

James

On Mar 5, 2014, at 9:05 AM, James Foster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’ve uploaded a new zip file with an executable that attempts to make a better guess of which class should be selected in the hierarchy view when a class is removed and its superclass is no longer visible in the current package. This version also addresses an error dialog I was seeing with refreshing the system browser after a debug window was opened.
>
> James
>
> On Mar 2, 2014, at 6:09 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Assume that I have a package named "Hallo" and another package named
>> "HalloExtension".
>>
>> I work in the package "HalloExtension". I delete a class there. The
>> browser then selects the package "Hallo", the hierarchy tree minimizes
>> and can not be rebuild because in the new selected package the super
>> class is not available.
>>
>> That pretty time consuming to go back to the package I originally worked in.
>>
>> Marten
>>
>> --
>> Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] Jade - switching selected packages in System browser when deleting classes

Gerhard Obermann
Hi,

Since one of the latest releases, the CTRL+SHIFT+F class search function is not working properly.
In most cases a different class will be selected after i close the search dialog.
This bug is really annoying.

Gerhard

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM, James Foster <[hidden email]> wrote:
Update: This morning’s build had a problem displaying the methods when the classes were in hierarchy view. This should be fixed now.

James

On Mar 5, 2014, at 9:05 AM, James Foster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’ve uploaded a new zip file with an executable that attempts to make a better guess of which class should be selected in the hierarchy view when a class is removed and its superclass is no longer visible in the current package. This version also addresses an error dialog I was seeing with refreshing the system browser after a debug window was opened.
>
> James
>
> On Mar 2, 2014, at 6:09 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Assume that I have a package named "Hallo" and another package named
>> "HalloExtension".
>>
>> I work in the package "HalloExtension". I delete a class there. The
>> browser then selects the package "Hallo", the hierarchy tree minimizes
>> and can not be rebuild because in the new selected package the super
>> class is not available.
>>
>> That pretty time consuming to go back to the package I originally worked in.
>>
>> Marten
>>
>> --
>> Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] Problem with selecting class in Jade

James Foster-9
Hi Gerhard,

I’m not able to reproduce this problem. I’ve added a version number to the about dialog from the login window to help identify problems. Could you try again with the latest (1.022) and let me know if you can reproduce it with a base repository? If so, confirm the version of Jade and the version of the database.

Thanks,
James

On Mar 5, 2014, at 10:50 PM, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since one of the latest releases, the CTRL+SHIFT+F class search function is not working properly.
> In most cases a different class will be selected after i close the search dialog.
> This bug is really annoying.
>
> Gerhard

Re: [Glass] Problem with selecting class in Jade

James Foster-9
I was able to reproduce this timing issue on a 2.x database and have created a new version (1.024) with a fix. Let me know if that works.

On Mar 5, 2014, at 11:25 PM, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ok its working with GemStone 3.1.0.5 but not with our old 2.3.1.6 database.