[Glass] Jade update 15-Dec-13

James Foster-9
http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/jade/ contains a link to the Microsoft Windows IDE dated 15-Dec-13 with the following fixes and features:

* allow saving a new version of a package even if there are no changes (Marten);
* editing a method now marks the package dirty (Marten);
* export as Topaz File-In from the MCDictionaryRepository cache (Sebastian);
* export as Topaz File-In when package is located in a Github repository (Marten); and
* editing a method from the method list browser no longer reports and error after a successful edit (Marten).

Let me know what further issues you find…

James

Re: [Glass] Jade update 15-Dec-13

marten
Just for information purposes:

Jade is not fully working under Wine and Linux - it starts and one can
work with it, but one gets dialogs telling that the HRESULT is unknown.

Thanks for the new version.

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann

[Glass] Jade [15-Dec-13] - Browse Open Log

marten
If I open the "Browse Open Log" and do a double select on an entry:

I get a dialog, that tells me, that "index 9 is out of bounds"

Also it would be nice if the "Object" column would show more text

Marten

PS.: This is not a new error

--
Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] Jade update 15-Dec-13

BrunoBB
James,

* allow saving a new version of a package even if there are no changes (Marten);
* editing a method now marks the package dirty (Marten);
* editing a method from the method list browser no longer reports and error after a successful edit.

/************************************************/

These three working OK. I do not use the two others.

I have been working a couple of hours with the new Jade without problems.

Great work !!!

regards,
bruno

Re: [Glass] Jade update 15-Dec-13

Gerhard Obermann
Some issues i have found so far:

- #'compileMissingAccessingMethods' fails if you are on the class side
- select a class, create a new category -> can't add a new method without deselect and select the category again
- removing a newly created category sometimes fails if you don't commit (error -> A reference into the dictionary aGsMethodDictionary using the non-existent key #' eee' was made.)

Missing features:
- Show Version history of methods (really important, last reason for still using GemTools)
- Browse implementors (Method List browser): Different behavior of the code browser (e.g. no hyperlinks on methods)
- Code execution on the class side in the code browser should work like in GemTools an others

Gerhard

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM, James Foster <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/jade/ contains a link to the Microsoft Windows IDE dated 15-Dec-13 with the following fixes and features:

* allow saving a new version of a package even if there are no changes (Marten);
* editing a method now marks the package dirty (Marten);
* export as Topaz File-In from the MCDictionaryRepository cache (Sebastian);
* export as Topaz File-In when package is located in a Github repository (Marten); and
* editing a method from the method list browser no longer reports and error after a successful edit (Marten).

Let me know what further issues you find…

James

[Glass] Jade [16-Dec-13] - Browse Object Log

James Foster-9
A new version is available that does not attempt to open a debugger on non-debuggable object log entries. Also, we now show up to 500 characters as the object string.

Am 16.12.2013 19:01, schrieb Gerhard Obermann:

> Missing features:
> - Show Version history of methods (really important, last reason for
> still using GemTools)

 Yes, Yes ....

> - Code execution on the class side in the code browser should work like
> in GemTools an others

 Yes, that's very important - self or super should interpreted in a right
way to select and execute a statement in a right environment

Marten

Re: [Glass] Jade update 15-Dec-13 - Browse implementors/senders pop-up entries missing

marten
With these two new version in the text pane of the system browser:

-> when the cursor is over a statement the pop-up dialog contained two
entries: browse implementor and browse senders.

Both of these entries are gone with the newer versions from 15/12.

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] Jade update 15-Dec-13

Gerhard Obermann
Hi James,

Using the new version I always get a debug if i try to save a method with invalid smalltalk code.
BTW i am still on GS 64 2.3.1.6.

Gerhard

Inline image 1