[Glass] Metacello support

GLASS mailing list
Ciao,

        in the next days i work to organize my package with Metacello support,

        to streamline the process of development and porting form Pharo to Gemstone.

        I read the http://www.pharobyexample.org/drafts/Metacello.pdf

        Now i have doubt about use the Metacello with standard http repository,

        or integrate the git repository.

        Some advice and referrals about it ?

        Thanks,

                Dario

Re: [Glass] Metacello support

GLASS mailing list
Dario,

Metacello works fine with http, bitbucket and github repositories... do you have a more specific question?

If you are using http repositories you will need to use a ConfigurationOf for your project. For github repositories you will want to create a BaselineOf for your project.

There is additional Metacello documentation here[1]. I think the installation instructions in the docs directory have not been updated for awhile so you should use this[2] for installation ...

Dale

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao,

        in the next days i work to organize my package with Metacello support,

        to streamline the process of development and porting form Pharo to Gemstone.

        I read the http://www.pharobyexample.org/drafts/Metacello.pdf

        Now i have doubt about use the Metacello with standard http repository,

        or integrate the git repository.

        Some advice and referrals about it ?

        Thanks,

                Dario

Re: [Glass] Metacello support

GLASS mailing list
Ciao,

I'm trying to configure Monticello FileTree-based repository for share package into :
 Pharo 1 4  and  GemTools Launcher - >=1.0-beta.8.7 [ConfigurationOfGemTools]

A) In Pharo ( run on macbook ) i create monticello filetree repository on specific local directory  and all work fine.

( A this point i can not configured a directory on another system into local network  ).

B) In GemTools ( run on mac but,  with a glass session open on a gemstone run on another pc )

when with Monticello  add a new filetree repository the system prompt a dialog with;

" Enter full path to directory on server "

Questions:

How i can configured and share the directory on the Mac or in another system in a local network?
Or i need to define a specific directory on the gemstone server,

and update it  with ftp transfer data from the mac filetree repository?

( but this required a ftp update at any change  )
Thanks for any consideration,

Dario

[...]

I have configured Samba on my server ubuntu.

The directory on the server is now configurable on Pharo filetree repository.

B) In GemTools ( run on mac but,  with a glass session open on a gemstone run on another pc )

when with Monticello  add a new filetree repository the system prompt a dialog with;

" Enter full path to directory on server "

I do some test but i can not configurable the filetree repository with Gemtools Monticello.

I need do to it with some specific command?
Or i need to update GemTools client ?

Thanks,

Dario

[...]

If in the relative server, where gemstone instance run,  the system found the directory defined in the

" Enter full path to directory on server "

all work fine ( the system create the the specific filetree repository entry ) and i can see the package item on it.

When i work on package istance from Gemtools Monticello ( browse or  load command )  the system erase the error:

a ArgumentError occurred (error 2718), string contents are ill-formed Utf8 at byte offset 38, - G/S[MonvisoGruppi3104 IP100 *******:3]

The relative stack is:

AbstractException >> _signalFromPrimitive: (envId 0)

String >> decodeFromUTF8 (envId 0)

[] in  MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> addMethodDefinitionsForClass:methodProperties:in: (envId 0)

[] in  FileDirectory >> readOnlyFileNamed:do: (envId 0)

ExecBlock >> ensure: (envId 0)

FileDirectory >> readOnlyFileNamed:do: (envId 0)

DirectoryEntry >> readStreamDo: (envId 0)

[] in  MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> addMethodDefinitionsForClass:methodProperties:in: (envId 0)

Collection >> do: (envId 0)

[] in  MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> addMethodDefinitionsForClass:methodProperties:in: (envId 0)

Collection >> do: (envId 0)

MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> addMethodDefinitionsForClass:methodProperties:in: (envId 0)

MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> addClassAndMethodDefinitionsFromEntry: (envId 0)

[] in  MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> addClassAndMethodDefinitionsFromDirectory: (envId 0)

Collection >> do: (envId 0)

MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> addClassAndMethodDefinitionsFromDirectory: (envId 0)

MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> loadDefinitions (envId 0)

MCVersionReader >> definitions (envId 0)

MCVersionReader >> snapshot (envId 0)

MCFileTreeAbstractReader >> basicVersion (envId 0)

MCFileTreeStCypressReader >> basicVersion (envId 0)

MCVersionReader >> version (envId 0)

[] in  MCFileBasedRepository >> loadVersionFromFileNamed: (envId 0)

[] in  MCFileTreeRepository >> versionReaderForFileNamed:do: (envId 0)

MCFileTreeRepository >> readStreamForFileNamed:do: (envId 0)

MCFileTreeRepository >> versionReaderForFileNamed:do: (envId 0)

MCFileBasedRepository >> loadVersionFromFileNamed: (envId 0)

MCFileTreeRepository >> versionFromFileNamed: (envId 0)

MCFileBasedVersionNode >> version (envId 0)

MCCmdLoad >> execute (envId 0)

[] in  OBCommand >> clientExecute (envId 0)

OBUpdateConcentrator >> recordUpdatesDuring: (envId 0)

OBCommand >> clientExecute (envId 0)

GsNMethod class >> _gsReturnToC (envId 0)

Ciao, thanks,
Dario

[...]

i update the Pharo 1.4 and the Glass  environment ( 3.1.0.4 ) to a stable version of ConfigurationOfFileTree

(ConfigurationOfFileTree project version: #stable) load.

Now both environment report:

( ConfigurationOfFileTree project currentVersion )  1.0.6.1

I don't know if these are involved in the error reported,

 but the error is not resolved.
Thanks,

Dario

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 4:07 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I'm not familiar with the sharing setup for macs ... but any convenient file sharing can be used ... I personally prefer to use git to manage the contents of my FileTree directories and it is possible to pull and push between git repositories as well.

I've shared git repos on linux, but I haven't done this on mac ... I think there are open source git servers available and we use one internally, but it is also possible to set up one of the git repos itself as the master and then pull and push from the other one ... the one caveat for using git this way is that it isn't conventinet to be working on the same branch in both repos ...

If you are not working on Pharo and GemStone at same time, you can simply rsynch the git directories back and forth between Pharo and GemStone

Another possibility is to use bitbucket ... bitbucket provides free private repositories and then you can use bitbucket as your git repository server for your project ...

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Okay ... this bug rings a bell and I think it is likely to be related to the version of FileTree that is loaded (I recall there being some utf8 encoding issues in the past but I don't quite recall the details ..) and I see that you have a follow-on email with Filetree version information in it so I'll respond to that email with more information...

Dale

Re: [Glass] Metacello support

GLASS mailing list
Ciao Dale,

Dario,

At the end of the day, I think that you should load the latest version of Metacello[1] and then use `Metacello new` for loading things ... once you start using `Metacello new` and get an error we can track down versions reliably ... the utf8 issue is most likely fixed in a later version of FileTree[2] and you should use the latest version for FileTree as well

I update Pharo1.4  ( based on Seaside   3.1.0-gemstone )

with  [ 1 ]

  The system when i load  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello) project
  version: #'previewBootstrap') load.

returns the error :   Name not found  Seaside-Tools-Core

The following command work well in any case

"Load the Preview version of Metacello from GitHub" (Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new configuration: 'MetacelloPreview'; version: #stable; repository: '<a href="github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:configuration'">github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:configuration'; load. "Now load latest version of Metacello" Metacello new baseline: 'Metacello'; repository: '<a href="github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:master/repository'">github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:master/repository'; get. Metacello new baseline: 'Metacello'; repository: '<a href="github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:master/repository'">github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:master/repository'; onConflict: [:ex | ex allow]; load

After [ 2 ]  the  ( ConfigurationOfFileTree project currentVersion )  answer:    >=1.0.6.2 [ConfigurationOfFileTree]

Into Gemstone 3.1.0.4   i do:

Gofer new package: 'GsUpgrader-Core'; url: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/gsUpgrader'; load. (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeMetacello. (Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new baseline: 'FileTree'; repository: '<a href="github://dalehenrich/filetree:gemstone2.4/repository'">github://dalehenrich/filetree:gemstone2.4/repository'; load.

After ( ConfigurationOfFileTree project currentVersion )   answer:  >=1.0.6.1 [ConfigurationOfFileTree]
IT IS NOT 1.0.6.2

Now after update the system returns the same error

When i work on package istance from Gemtools Monticello ( browse or  load command )  the system erase the error:

a ArgumentError occurred (error 2718), string contents are ill-formed Utf8 at byte offset 38, - G/S[MonvisoGruppi3104 IP100 *******:3]

The string decodeFromUTF8 begin with:

'Mac OS X         2°âTEXTR*chATTRT1éâx

What i can do now for helping?

Thanks,
Dario

Re: [Glass] Metacello support

GLASS mailing list

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 2:14 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao Dale,

Dario,

At the end of the day, I think that you should load the latest version of Metacello[1] and then use `Metacello new` for loading things ... once you start using `Metacello new` and get an error we can track down versions reliably ... the utf8 issue is most likely fixed in a later version of FileTree[2] and you should use the latest version for FileTree as well

I update Pharo1.4  ( based on Seaside   3.1.0-gemstone )

with  [ 1 ]

  The system when i load  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello) project
  version: #'previewBootstrap') load.

returns the error :   Name not found  Seaside-Tools-Core

I need a stack and the contents of the Transcript ... I have a guess as to where this might be coming from, but without a stack I cannot help.

The following command work well in any case

"Load the Preview version of Metacello from GitHub" (Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new configuration: 'MetacelloPreview'; version: #stable; repository: 'github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:configuration'; load. "Now load latest version of Metacello" Metacello new baseline: 'Metacello'; repository: 'github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:master/repository'; get. Metacello new baseline: 'Metacello'; repository: 'github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:master/repository'; onConflict: [:ex | ex allow]; load

The above was run in Pharo1.4? After the previously reported error? Presumably the name not found came from an attempt to prime the registry, but I am suspicious that there might be trouble lurking ...

If you want the _best_ results, I suggest that you start with a fresh 1.4 image, load the Metacello Preview as above, then using `Metacello new` commands load the rest of the code ... the only way that  you could get a complaint about Seaside-Tools-Core would be if you've already loaded Seaside and/or loaded the Seaside configurations ... I don't think this is a requirement, but if we continue to have issues that aren't explainable, then I'd like to be assured that we have an image that is not tainted by partial loads ....

After [ 2 ]  the  ( ConfigurationOfFileTree project currentVersion )  answer:    >=1.0.6.2 [ConfigurationOfFileTree]

Remember, currentVersion is suspect, especially once you have started using the Metacello Preview and especially once you've started loading projects from GitHub ... in your case if [2] completed successfully, then you are using a version of FileTree that was loaded from Github using BaselineOfFileTree and ConfigurationOfFileTree has no bearing ...

In tODE the `project list` displays the version for each project, but I guess I haven't pulled the logic into the Metacello aPI (yet[3]), but the following will provide better information that using #currentVersion:

(Metacello image
    project: 'FileTree';
    list)
    collect: [ :projectSpec |
      MetacelloProjectRegistration
        registrationForProjectSpec: projectSpec
        ifAbsent: [  ]
        ifPresent: [ :existing :new |
          existing baseName , ' ' , existing currentVersionString , '['
            , existing currentBranchName , ']' ] ]

When two entries are present the baseline is the one that is loaded, so I'd like to see the result of this expression from your Pharo1.4 image.

Into Gemstone 3.1.0.4   i do:

Gofer new package: 'GsUpgrader-Core'; url: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/gsUpgrader'; load. (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeMetacello. (Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new baseline: 'FileTree'; repository: 'github://dalehenrich/filetree:gemstone2.4/repository'; load.

After ( ConfigurationOfFileTree project currentVersion )   answer:  >=1.0.6.1 [ConfigurationOfFileTree]
IT IS NOT 1.0.6.2

Again in GemStone, I'd like to see the result of the above expression, so I know where we stand...

Now after update the system returns the same error

When i work on package istance from Gemtools Monticello ( browse or  load command )  the system erase the error:

a ArgumentError occurred (error 2718), string contents are ill-formed Utf8 at byte offset 38, - G/S[MonvisoGruppi3104 IP100 *******:3]

Now that you're using the latest version of FileTree on both sides and you are still getting the error, we can eliminate the known problems (but it is still possible that the package was produced by erroneous code) ...

The string decodeFromUTF8 begin with:

Ah you've got a handle on the utf8 bytes. Please send me the undecoded utf8 string so that I can figure out what might be going wrong.

Dale

Re: [Glass] Metacello support

GLASS mailing list
Ciao Dale,

i work around this.

Now after update the system returns the same error

When i work on package istance from Gemtools Monticello ( browse or  load command )  the system erase the error:

a ArgumentError occurred (error 2718), string contents are ill-formed Utf8 at byte offset 38, - G/S[MonvisoGruppi3104 IP100 *******:3]

Now that you're using the latest version of FileTree on both sides and you are still getting the error, we can eliminate the known problems (but it is still possible that the package was produced by erroneous code) ...

The string decodeFromUTF8 begin with:

Ah you've got a handle on the utf8 bytes. Please send me the undecoded utf8 string so that I can figure out what might be going wrong.

The problem is because the system wrong the reference name of the file when it work on package save from Pharo fileTree.

Into GLASS Monticello,

in this case the methodEntry name begins with   < ._ > follow the name of the method,   and consequently the system don't found the specific file.

I change for testing:  see  *****  and all works fine

MCFileTreeStCypressReader

addMethodDefinitionsForClass: className methodProperties: methodProperties in: entries
entries do: [ :entry | | classIsMeta | classIsMeta := false. entry name = 'class' ifTrue: [ classIsMeta := true ]. (entry name = 'instance' or: [ entry name = 'class' ]) ifTrue: [ ((self fileUtils directoryFromEntry: entry) entries select: [ :each | each name endsWith: '.st' ]) do: [ :methodEntry | ******* ( methodEntry name beginsWith: #($.) ) ifTrue:[ methodEntry name: ( methodEntry name copyFrom: 3 to: methodEntry name size) . ]. methodEntry readStreamDo: [ :fileStream | | category source timestamp self

A don't  search where the system creates the error,

but i hope this considerations is enough for solving this problem.

Two other consideration:

fileTree save from Pharo     is load into  GLASS Monticello without authorization problem.

fileTree save from GLASS Monticello   can not load into Pharo.

In this case the Pharo Monticello report for the package saved with GALSS Monticello :  fabricated from a Cypress format repository

In the server GLASS Monticello   create the fileTree structures   without group authorization  and Pharo can't load it.

 How i can solve this ?  ( i can't change it directly each time )

Ciao,

Dario

Re: [Glass] Metacello support

GLASS mailing list

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 5:25 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao Dale,

i work around this.

[...]

Dario, I am glad that you found a solution to your problem, but frankly I don't think the utf8 problem was caused by the code that you "fixed".

I asked for the utf8 bytes and I would like to see the utf8 bytes as I suspect that the utf8 problem is still lurking there for someone else to trip across. If you give me the utf8 bytes I will have a chance to partially characterize the problem. Please?

As to the (presumably) new problem. Removing the first three characters from a DirectoryEntry will not do anything but ignore the file, so the real question is where did this . file come from? If you send me the contents of the . file and the path to the . file, we should be able to figure that out ...

I think that the real solution startes with getting my hands on the utf8 bytes and continuing that line of inquiry.

Two other consideration:

fileTree save from Pharo     is load into  GLASS Monticello without authorization problem.

fileTree save from GLASS Monticello   can not load into Pharo.

In this case the Pharo Monticello report for the package saved with GALSS Monticello :  fabricated from a Cypress format repository

In the server GLASS Monticello   create the fileTree structures   without group authorization  and Pharo can't load it.

 How i can solve this ?  ( i can't change it directly each time )

Ah okay, this is something new ... could you describe your setup again and/or in more detail? I want to know  know what os you are running for pharo and glass? Are they on the same machine? What user you are running as for GLASS and Pharo? Sample file permissions (ls -l) after a pharo write and after a GLASS write?

I will have to think a bit about how I will want to control file permissions for the filetree repos ...

[...]

Of course, this is the problem but not the origin of the error.

I asked for the utf8 bytes and I would like to see the utf8 bytes as I suspect that the utf8 problem is still lurking there for someone else to trip across. If you give me the utf8 bytes I will have a chance to partially characterize the problem. Please?

As to the (presumably) new problem. Removing the first three characters from a DirectoryEntry will not do anything but ignore the file,

Removing the first two wrong characters from a DirectoryEntry name,  permit the system to found the relative file.

With not removing the system can't manage the file and after generate the error.

so the real question is where did this .

Yes this is the real question.  But i hoped my informations was sufficient for you.

file come from? If you send me the contents of the . file and the path to the . file, we should be able to figure that out ...

The size of the file is 4096  ( the size of a directory entry on linux )

The copy from the stack of the file is :  'Mac OS X         2°âTEXTR*chATTRRÊBâxThis resource fork intentionally left blank   ÿÿ'

The methodEntry,  one   aDirectoryEntry  instance data is:

sourceDirectory  pathName  '/DTRRepository/DtrFinanza.package/MATimedIvaModel.class/instance'

name  '._aliquotaIva.st'

I think that the real solution startes with getting my hands on the utf8 bytes and continuing that line of inquiry.

Two other consideration:

fileTree save from Pharo     is load into  GLASS Monticello without authorization problem.

fileTree save from GLASS Monticello   can not load into Pharo.

In th is case the Pharo Monticello report for the package saved with GALSS Monticello :  fabricated from a Cypress format repository

In the server GLASS Monticello   create the fileTree structures   without group authorization  and Pharo can't load it.

 How i can solve this ?  ( i can't change it directly each time )

Ah okay, this is something new ... could you describe your setup again and/or in more detail? I want to know  know what os you are running for pharo and glass? Are they on the same machine?

My configurations is based on local data network where i have two system:

a MacBook where run: 1)  Pharo 1.4 for manage the code
2)   Pharo 1.1 with GemTools Launcher - >=1.0-beta.8.7  for manage the GLASS repository

a server based on Ubuntu system where run GLASS 3.1.0.4   and the samba support for sharing the DTRRepository directory  ( where i save the fileTree files )

What user you are running as for GLASS and Pharo?
The glass user is: dario

The MacBook link the server volume DTRRepository as:   guest

Sample file permissions (ls -l) after a pharo write and after a GLASS write?

After Pharo write the relative ls -l is:
drwxr-xr-x 9 nobody nogroup 4096 nov 7 14:05 DtrFinanza.package

After GLASS write the relative ls -l is:
drwxrwx--- 15 dario  dario    4096 nov  8 11:09 DtrCRP.package

Ciao, thanks,

Dario

Re: [Glass] Metacello support

GLASS mailing list
Note ad the end of this.

[...]

The copy from the stack of the file is :  'Mac OS X         2°âTEXTR*chATTRˇRÊBâxThis resource fork intentionally left blank   ÿÿ'

[...]

When from the MacBook i link the volume DTRRepository on the server  as:   guest  all work.

After i login the volume DTRRepository on the server with specific  samba user  profile

and in Monticello Pharo  i open the fileTree entry repository  the system generate the error:
MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "pairsDo:" is nil

--- The full stack --- UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #pairsDo: MCFileTreeStCypressReader(MCMczReader)>>associate: MCFileTreeStCypressReader(MCFileTreeAbstractReader)>>parseMember: MCFileTreeStCypressReader>>loadVersionInfo MCFileTreeRepository>>versionInfoForPackageDirectory: MCFileTreeRepository>>packageDescriptionFromPackageDirectory: [:packageDirectory | self packageDescriptionFromPackageDirectory: packageDirectory] in MCFileTreeRepository>>packageDescriptionsFromReadableFileNames Array(SequenceableCollection)>>collect: MCFileTreeRepository>>packageDescriptionsFromReadableFileNames MCFileTreeRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>retrieveVersionsWithPackageNames: MCFileRepositoryInspector>>refresh MCFileRepositoryInspector>>setRepository:workingCopy: MCFileRepositoryInspector class>>repository:workingCopy: MCFileTreeRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>morphicOpen: MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>openRepository MCWorkingCopyBrowser(MCTool)>>performButtonAction:enabled: PluggableButtonMorph>>performAction:

Save the package into the fileTree entry repository instead work well also in this case

Sample file permissions (ls -l) after a pharo write and after a GLASS write?

After Pharo write the relative ls -l is:
drwxr-xr-x 9 nobody nogroup 4096 nov 7 14:05 DtrFinanza.package

After GLASS write the relative ls -l is:
drwxrwx--- 15 dario  dario    4096 nov  8 11:09 DtrCRP.package

Ciao, thanks,

Dario

Re: [Glass] Metacello support

GLASS mailing list
Some new consideration

I think that the real solution startes with getting my hands on the utf8 bytes and continuing that line of inquiry.

Two other consideration:

fileTree save from Pharo     is load into   GLASS Monticello  without authorization problem.

fileTree save from GLASS Monticello   can not load into Pharo.

In th is case the Pharo Monticello report for the package saved with GALSS Monticello :   fabricated from a Cypress format repository

In the server GLASS Monticello   create the fileTree structures   without group authorization  and Pharo can't load it.

Now i open the DTRRepository volume on the server with     dario  as user profile    and i can  read the file without authorization problem.

[...]

This error is generates because in the DTRRepository directory on the server,   the system found fileTree files with wrong authorizations.

After remove it from the server this problematic is solved.

I understand that permission issues are resolved

while  remains open the other problem.

Thanks,

Dario

Re: [Glass] Metacello support

GLASS mailing list

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Okay, I'm still not sure whether I'm getting the UTF8 or not ... the string that you supplied is not valid UTF8... I suppose the best thing would be for you to attach the file to an email message and send it to me ... do not copy and paste it ... just attach the file directly ...

The methodEntry,  one   aDirectoryEntry  instance data is:

sourceDirectory  pathName  '/DTRRepository/DtrFinanza.package/MATimedIvaModel.class/instance'

name  '._aliquotaIva.st'

you say that when you remove the first two characters that things load correctly ... that means that presumably there is a file call  'aliquotaIva.st' in the directory?

I am very curious how you came to have a file called '._aliquotaIva.st' in an instance directory where only methods should be written with a .st suffix especially given the fact that $. is not a valid selector character ... besides given the text above there is no way that could have come from the image as a method fileout ... Sooooo that file must have come from someplace else ... Personally I haven't seen files that look like this on aMac, but I will assume that it is an artifact of a text editor or other program that you have running in the repository directory ... the string `This resource fork intentionally left blank` is awfully suspicious ...

I think it is safe to say that this file wasn't produced during a package save. But given the fact that $. is not a legal selector character I suppose that FileTree should ignore files that begine with $. to avoid problems like this in the future...

After a little googling I found that the files are created by the apple os[1] ... according to one answer the files are created by the finder and/or time machine ... It's odd that we've had a bunch of people (including myself for several years now) using FileTree on a mac and yet this is the first time I've heard of the problem:), but I think we have finally gotten to the root of the problem ...

The following should be a patch the problem:

          ((self fileUtils directoryFromEntry: entry) entries
            select: [ :each | each name endsWith: '.st' and: [(each name beginsWtih '.') not ])
            do: [ :methodEntry |

ignoring files starting with $. should be safe, because it is an invalid selector character ...

Thanks for sticking with this so that we could get to the bottom of it ... I've submitted a FileTree bug[2].

Dale

Re: [Glass] Metacello support

GLASS mailing list
Ciao,

[...]

Okay for aliquotaIva i found two files: ( but not begin with: '._' )

For any method i found two files with same settings.

The methodEntry,  one   aDirectoryEntry  instance data is:

sourceDirectory  pathName  '/DTRRepository/DtrFinanza.package/MATimedIvaModel.class/instance'

name  '._aliquotaIva.st'

you say that when you remove the first two characters that things load correctly ... that means that presumably there is a file call  'aliquotaIva.st' in the directory?

Yes it's .
But as write above i found two files for any method.

Perhaps  aliquotaiva..st is referenced as   '._aliquotaIva.st' ?

[...]

            select: [ :each | (each name endsWith: '.st') and: [(each name beginsWith: '.') not ]])

Yes with this patch  all woks fine.

Thank,

Dario

ignoring files starting with $. should be safe, because it is an invalid selector character ...

Thanks for sticking with this so that we could get to the bottom of it ... I've submitted a FileTree bug[2].

Dale

aliquotaIva..st (60 bytes) Download Attachment
aliquotaIva.st (40 bytes) Download Attachment