[Glass] ProfMonitor to take into account external calls?

[Glass] ProfMonitor to take into account external calls?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys,

I found out that ProfMonitor is NOT taking into account external calls, like an HTTP post. Then I read and the very first label of the results sys: elapsed CPU time:    176736 ms
which sounds good.
However...in my case I am interesting in knowing everything that is happening in what I am profiling, including HTTP posts or whatever.

Doing a simple #timeToRun does seem to include, of course, HTTP posts and everything else. I understand that profiling is not the same as just measuring time.

I guess there isn't workaround for is, is it?

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Glass] ProfMonitor to take into account external calls?

Dale Henrichs-3
Mariano,

ProfMonitor is pretty much oriented towards measurements based on cpu time consumed ...

I suppose it is possible to have a separate thread wake up and sample the stack for all other processes and then build a report based on the samples ... but that code hasn't been written:)

Dale