[Glass] SIXX load conflict

12

[Glass] SIXX load conflict

GLASS mailing list
I load SIXX support into GLASS 3.1.0.6 with the command:

Metacello new
    baseline: 'SIXX';
    repository: 'github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository';
    load.

The system answer :

a Halt occurred (error 2709), Debugging: Warning: LOCK ENFORCED: Attempt to 'load with conflicts' new project: 'ConfigurationOfGrease 1.0.3 from http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository' when existing project: 'BaselineOfGrease [baseline] from github://GsDevKit/Grease:master/repository' is locked. New project not loaded. Use #onLock: to intercept. -  G/S[Scandella3106:2]

I do some proced commands.

At he end the system answer:

        linear load :
        linear load : baseline [BaselineOfSIXX]
                linear load : 1.1.8 [ConfigurationOfXMLSupport]
                        linear load : baseline [BaselineOfGrease]
                                atomic load : 0.243 [ConfigurationOfGsMisc]
                                        linear load : 1.1.8 [ConfigurationOfXMLSupport]
                load : SIXX.310-dkh.183

I can consider correct the loading?

Thanks,

                Dario

P.S. The GLASS 3.1.06 is create with development kit createTodeStone   command

Re: [Glass] SIXX load conflict

GLASS mailing list

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 8:10 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
I load SIXX support into GLASS 3.1.0.6 with the command:

Metacello new
    baseline: 'SIXX';
    repository: 'github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository';
    load.

The system answer :

a Halt occurred (error 2709), Debugging: Warning: LOCK ENFORCED: Attempt to 'load with conflicts' new project: 'ConfigurationOfGrease 1.0.3 from http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository' when existing project: 'BaselineOfGrease [baseline] from github://GsDevKit/Grease:master/repository' is locked. New project not loaded. Use #onLock: to intercept. -  G/S[Scandella3106:2]

I think I had the same issues.

The most robust way I found to load code is the following. For your concrete problem, I think the key line is " onLock: [:ex | ex honor];"  but maybe you want to adapt all that code:

[ [ [ [

Metacello image
        configuration: 'XXX';
        version: YYY;
onLock: [:ex | ex honor];
        load: #(ZZZ).

]
   on: MetacelloAllowConflictingProjectUpgrade
   do: [ :ex | ex defaultAction ] ]
   on: MetacelloAllowLockedProjectChange
   do: [ :ex | ex disallow ] ]
   on: MetacelloNameNotDefinedError
   do: [ :ex | ex resume ]]
   on: Warning
do: [ :ex | ex resume ].

The only discussion here is to resume upon all warning. This may not be good for all cases. Sometimes the warnings are important.
I think I will remove that from mine....

Best,

I do some       proced  commands.

At he end the system answer:

        linear load :
        linear load : baseline [BaselineOfSIXX]
                linear load : 1.1.8 [ConfigurationOfXMLSupport]
                        linear load : baseline [BaselineOfGrease]
                                atomic load : 0.243 [ConfigurationOfGsMisc]
                                        linear load : 1.1.8 [ConfigurationOfXMLSupport]
                load : SIXX.310-dkh.183

I can consider correct the loading?

Thanks,

                Dario

P.S. The GLASS 3.1.06 is create with development kit    createTodeStone   command

Re: [Glass] SIXX load conflict

GLASS mailing list
Mariano is correct that `onLock: [:ex | ex honor];` will eliminate the Warning, but I am suspicious that you are not running a recent version of GLASS.

You are getting a Warning during a topaz load (I assume ... in GemTools you would get a Warning dialog). There was a bug[1], where the wrong default action for a Warning was triggered during non-interactive loads and the bug was fixed back in June.

So I think you should upgrade GLASS1:

  Gofer new
    package: 'GsUpgrader-Core';
    url: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/gsUpgrader';
    load.
  (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGLASS1.

Finally, when loading from within topaz, you should always use GsDeployer class>>bulkMigrate::

GsDeployer bulkMigrate: [
  Metacello new
      baseline: 'SIXX';
      repository: 'github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository';
      load ].

GsDeployer class>>bulkMigrate: wraps your code with an autoCommit handler, a Warning handler, and instance migrations are deferred until all of the loading is complete and then migrations are done with one pass of the db...

Actually, it is not a bad idea to always use GsDeployer whether or not you are loading in topaz:)

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit/issues/21
On 12/18/2014 04:24 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:

[...]

Ciao,

i nedd to load SIXX support into   GLASS 3.1.0.6   ( stone created with development kit createTodeStone command ).

Mariano is correct that `onLock: [:ex | ex honor];` will eliminate the Warning, but I am suspicious that you are not running a recent version of GLASS.

You are getting a Warning during a topaz load (I assume ... in GemTools you would get a Warning dialog). There was a bug[1], where the wrong default action for a Warning was triggered during non-interactive loads and the bug was fixed back in June.

So I think you should upgrade GLASS1:

i follow this :

  Gofer new
    package: 'GsUpgrader-Core';
    url: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/gsUpgrader';
    load.
  (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGLASS1.

but into Gemtools and into topaz this code answer :

ERROR 4067 , VM temporary object memory is full
, almost out of memory, too many markSweeps since last successful scavenge

I setup  the relative to:
SHR_PAGE_CACHE_SIZE_KB = 2000000;
GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE = 1900000;

Finally, when loading from within topaz, you should always use GsDeployer class>>bulkMigrate::

I load this in any case:

GsDeployer bulkMigrate: [
  Metacello new
      baseline: 'SIXX';
      repository: '<a href="github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository'">github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository';
      load ].

after when i do the code:  SixxExamples example2

the system answer :

parseXml: xmlStringOrStream persistentRoot: persistentArrayOrNil
| stream |
stream := xmlStringOrStream isStream
ifTrue: [xmlStringOrStream]
ifFalse: [ReadStream on: xmlStringOrStream].
^ (XMLDOMParser parseDocumentFrom: stream persistentRoot: persistentArrayOrNil) topElement

Object _doesNotUnderstand:   parseDocumentFrom: persistentRoot:

Some considerations ?

Thanks,

Dario

a Halt occurred (error 2709), Debugging: Warning: LOCK ENFORCED: Attempt to 'load with conflicts' new project: 'ConfigurationOfGrease 1.0.3 from http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository' when existing project: 'BaselineOfGrease [baseline] from <a href="github://GsDevKit/Grease:master/repository'">github://GsDevKit/Grease:master/repository' is locked. New project not loaded. Use #onLock: to intercept. -  G/S[Scandella3106:2]

[...]

I load:   (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGLASS1  with commitThreshold :

"Enable AlmostOutOfMemory signal" System signalAlmostOutOfMemoryThreshold: commitThreshold. [ (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGLASS1.] ensure: [ "disable AlmostOutOfMemory signal" System signalAlmostOutOfMemoryThreshold: -1].

And this work fine.

Finally, when loading from within topaz, you should always use GsDeployer class>>bulkMigrate::

I load this in any case

After i reload:

GsDeployer bulkMigrate: [
  Metacello new
      baseline: 'SIXX';
      repository: '<a href="github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository'">github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository';
      load ].

after when i do the code:  SixxExamples example2

SixxExamples example2  report the same error:

the system answer :

parseXml: xmlStringOrStream persistentRoot: persistentArrayOrNil
| stream |
stream := xmlStringOrStream isStream
ifTrue: [xmlStringOrStream]
ifFalse: [ReadStream on: xmlStringOrStream].
^ (XMLDOMParser parseDocumentFrom: stream persistentRoot: persistentArrayOrNil) topElement

Object _doesNotUnderstand:   parseDocumentFrom: persistentRoot:

How i can solve this problematic?

I need to load a hold version of 'XML-Parser'   ?

Anyone works with SIXX support into Glass ?

I'm ready to deploy a glass seaside application but this problematic stop me at the end of the road.

I load SIXX support at the end of 2014, and worked fine.

Now in a new stone i found this error.

Considerations ?

Thanks,

Dario

Some considerations ?

Thanks,

Dario

[...]

Hi Dario,

Yes I do use Sixx, however, I don't have that issue...don't know why. In fact, I build new stones 2 weeks ago and I could load it...
Maybe you can manually remove all sixx packages and re-try the download again, or start from a fresh extent.

Cheers,

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ciao Mariano,

into stone i loaded :

GsDeployer bulkMigrate: [ {#('Seaside3' '3.0.13' 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main'). #('ZincHTTPComponents' '1.1' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/ZincHTTPComponents'). #('Magritte3' '3.0' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'). #('Magritte3AddOns' '3.0.0' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'). #('Pier3' '3.0.0' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'). #('Pier3AddOns' '3.0.3' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository')} do: [ :ar |

And i found:

XML-Parser-monty.274

What version of XML-Parser do you have in your stone ?

Thanks,

Dario

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Dario Trussardi via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao Mariano,

into stone i loaded :

GsDeployer bulkMigrate: [ {#('Seaside3' '3.0.13' 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main'). #('ZincHTTPComponents' '1.1' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/ZincHTTPComponents'). #('Magritte3' '3.0' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'). #('Magritte3AddOns' '3.0.0' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'). #('Pier3' '3.0.0' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'). #('Pier3AddOns' '3.0.3' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository')} do: [ :ar |

And i found:

XML-Parser-monty.274

What version of XML-Parser do you have in your stone ?

Name: XML-Parser.g-NorbertHartl.119
Author: NorbertHartl
Time: 12/08/2011, 19:11:09
UUID: f7242792-e0c7-4f0b-9a39-dff68616401f
Ancestors: XML-Parser.g-NorbertHartl.118

OK...It seems I explicitly load XMLSupport:

spec
project: 'XMLSupport' with: [
spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport';
loads: #('Core' 'Tests');
file: 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport';
And then, I actually load:

spec project: 'XMLSupport' with: '1.2.2'

So you may want to try loading 1.2.2 of XMLSupport FIRST and then SIXX.

HTH

Author: NorbertHartl
Time: 12/08/2011, 19:11:09
UUID: f7242792-e0c7-4f0b-9a39-dff68616401f
Ancestors: XML-Parser.g-NorbertHartl.118

OK...It seems I explicitly load XMLSupport

I need to do something with this ?

spec
project: 'XMLSupport' with: [
spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport';
loads: #('Core' 'Tests');
file: 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport';
And then, I actually load:

spec project: 'XMLSupport' with: '1.2.2'

So you may want to try loading 1.2.2 of XMLSupport FIRST and then SIXX.

The system report:

ConfigurationOfXMLSupport project currentVersion >=1.3.0 [ConfigurationOfXMLSupport]

When i do the command:

( ConfigurationOfXMLSupport project version: '1.2.2') load.

the system answer:

a MetacelloPackageSpecResolutionError occurred (error 2710), Could not resolve: XML-Observable [XML-Observable-JohanBrichau.1] in cache http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XMLSupport/main

I wrong something?

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,

Dario

On 03/05/2015 03:22 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass wrote:
[...]

I'm not quite sure what is happening here ... I'm building a 3.1.0.6 stone right now to see what might be happening, but it is worth noting that when you use createTodeStone, the GsUpgrader-Core package is loaded and you are updated to the very latest GLASS and tODE releases ...

With that said, it should also be safe to run GsUpgrader-Core scripts at any time ....

You've got a pretty large TOC so this is not easily explainable ...

I guess I'd like to see the actual gem/topaz log files ... to try to make more sense of this...

Dale

Dale

Re: [Glass] SIXX load conflict

GLASS mailing list
Dario,

I did a fresh createTodeStone using the latest gsDevKitHome release (SHA: 8fdc73fb176cf7e0ce33ad7d21eb448ba94ef5a6) and running the GsUpgrader-Core load multiple times does not run out of memory ... so I will need to see some log files to figure out what might be going wrong...

Dale

On 03/05/2015 10:05 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

[...]

I used my 3.1.0.6 tODE stone, loaded SIXX:

  GsDeployer
    bulkMigrate: [
      Metacello new
        baseline: 'SIXX';
        repository: 'github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository';
        load ].

and then ran the example:

  SixxExamples example2

and it worked just fine ...

Here's the list of packages that are loaded in my stone, if you could supply the list of packages loaded in your stone, we might be able to get to the bottom of this:

Announcements (Announcements.v3-dkh.18)
AST-Core (AST-Core-dkh.102)
Base-Bootstrap (Base-Bootstrap.v3-dkh.30)
BaselineOfFileTree (BaselineOfFileTree-dkh.4)
BaselineOfGLASS1 (BaselineOfGLASS1-jupiter.46)
BaselineOfGrease (BaselineOfGrease-JohanBrichau.7)
BaselineOfMetacello (BaselineOfMetacello-dkh.85)
BaselineOfRB (BaselineOfRB-dkh.5)
BaselineOfSIXX (BaselineOfSIXX-dkh.1)
BaselineOfSton (BaselineOfSton-dkh.1)
BaselineOfTode (BaselineOfTode-dkh.41)
Bootstrap (Bootstrap.v3-dkh.241)
Change-Notification (Change-Notification.v310-dkh.21)
Collections-BitmapCharacterSet (Collections-BitmapCharacterSet-JAAyer.1)
Collections-CharacterSet (Collections-CharacterSet-JohanBrichau.1)
Collections-OrderPreservingDictionary (Collections-OrderPreservingDictionary.g-JohanBrichau.9)
ConfigurationOfFileTree (ConfigurationOfFileTree-dkh.36)
ConfigurationOfGLASS (ConfigurationOfGLASS-dkh.250)
ConfigurationOfGofer (ConfigurationOfGofer-dkh.45)
ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader (ConfigurationOfGoferProjectLoader-dkh.22)
ConfigurationOfGrease (ConfigurationOfGrease-dkh.189)
ConfigurationOfGsCore (ConfigurationOfGsCore-dkh.297)
ConfigurationOfGsMisc (ConfigurationOfGsMisc-dkh.116)
ConfigurationOfGsMonticello (ConfigurationOfGsMonticello-dkh.173)
ConfigurationOfGsOB (ConfigurationOfGsOB-dkh.91)
ConfigurationOfGsSqueakCommon (ConfigurationOfGsSqueakCommon-dkh.25)
ConfigurationOfMetacello (ConfigurationOfMetacello-dkh.800)
ConfigurationOfMetacelloPreview (ConfigurationOfMetacelloPreview-dkh.54)
ConfigurationOfXMLSupport (ConfigurationOfXMLSupport-NorbertHartl.64)
ConfigurationOfXMLWriter (ConfigurationOfXMLWriter-dkh.23)
Core (Core.v3-dkh.90)
Core31x (Core31x-dkh.5)
GemStone-ANSI-Streams (GemStone-ANSI-Streams-dkh.12)
GemStone-Compression (GemStone-Compression-dkh.7)
GemStone-Deployment (GemStone-Deployment.v310-dkh.26)
GemStone-Indexing-Extensions (GemStone-Indexing-Extensions-dkh.4)
GemStone-Interactions (GemStone-Interactions-dkh.12)
GemStone-Release-Support (GemStone-Release-Support-dkh.67)
* Generated ()
Gofer-Core (Gofer-Core.gemstone-dkh.138)
GoferProjectLoader (GoferProjectLoader-DaleHenrichs.25)
Grease-Core (Grease-Core-JohanBrichau.94)
Grease-GemStone-Core (Grease-GemStone-Core-JohanBrichau.55)
Grease-GemStone300-Core (Grease-GemStone300-Core-JohanBrichau.5)
GsSqueakCommon-Core (GsSqueakCommon-Core-dkh.20)
GsSqueakCommon-Core.3x (GsSqueakCommon-Core.3x-dkh.4)
GsSqueakCommon-CoreV30 (GsSqueakCommon-CoreV30-dkh.1)
GsSqueakCommon-Tests (GsSqueakCommon-Tests-dkh.2)
GsUpgrader-Core (GsUpgrader-Core-dkh.38)
JadeServer (JadeServer-dkh.13)
Metacello-Base (Metacello-Base-topa.124)
Metacello-Bitbucket (Metacello-Bitbucket-dkh.5)
Metacello-Core (Metacello-Core-dkh.809)
Metacello-FileTree (Metacello-FileTree-dkh.36)
Metacello-GitBasedRepository (Metacello-GitBasedRepository-dkh.13)
Metacello-GitHub (Metacello-GitHub-dkh.44)
Metacello-GS3x-Platform (Metacello-GS3x-Platform-dkh.1)
Metacello-MC (Metacello-MC-dkh.726)
Metacello-Platform (Metacello-Platform.gemstone-dkh.56)
Metacello-ToolBox (Metacello-ToolBox-dkh.139)
Monticello (Monticello.v3-dkh.476)
MonticelloFileTree-Core (MonticelloFileTree-Core-dkh.183)
MonticelloFileTree-FileDirectory-Utilities (MonticelloFileTree-FileDirectory-Utilities-dkh.15)
MonticelloGs (MonticelloGs-dkh.2)
OB-GemStone-Platform (OB-GemStone-Platform-dkh.76)
OB-Metacello (OB-Metacello-dkh.83)
OB-Monticello (OB-Monticello-dkh.105)
OB-Standard (OB-Standard.v3-dkh.449)
OB-SUnitGUI (OB-SUnitGUI.g-dkh.61)
OB-SUnitIntegration (OB-SUnitIntegration-dkh.10)
OB-SymbolListBrowser (OB-SymbolListBrowser-DaleHenrichs.4)
OB-Tools (OB-Tools.v3-dkh.140)
OmniBrowser (OmniBrowser-DaleHenrichs.447)
PackageInfo-Base (PackageInfo-Base.g-dkh.36)
Regex-Core (Regex-Core-DaleHenrichs.3)
Regex-Tests-Core (Regex-Tests-Core-DaleHenrichs.5)
SIXX (SIXX.310-dkh.183)
SMTPMail (SMTPMail-dkh.11)
Sport (Sport3.010.v3-jupiter.33)
* Squeak (Squeak.v3-dkh.309)
* STON-Core (STON-Core-dkh.46)
System-Digital-Signatures (System-Digital-Signatures-dkh.5)
Tode-AST-Extensions (Tode-AST-Extensions-dkh.2)
Tode-BatchEdit-Tool (Tode-BatchEdit-Tool-dkh.3)
Tode-GemStone-Server-Core (Tode-GemStone-Server-Core-dkh.118)
Tode-GemStone-Server-Tests (Tode-GemStone-Server-Tests-dkh.5)
Tode-Server-31x-GsProcess-Patch (Tode-Server-31x-GsProcess-Patch-dkh.1)
Tode-Server-TestTestTools (Tode-Server-TestTestTools-dkh.2)
Topez-Common-Core (Topez-Common-Core-dkh.414)
Topez-Common-Tests (Topez-Common-Tests-dkh.22)
Topez-Server-31x-Core (Topez-Server-31x-Core-dkh.5)
Topez-Server-31x-DebugTools (Topez-Server-31x-DebugTools-dkh.19)
Topez-Server-31x-Tests (Topez-Server-31x-Tests-dkh.3)
Topez-Server-3x-Core (Topez-Server-3x-Core-dkh.2)
Topez-Server-3x-DebugTools (Topez-Server-3x-DebugTools-dkh.2)
Topez-Server-Core (Topez-Server-Core-dkh.89)
Topez-Server-DebugTools (Topez-Server-DebugTools-dkh.151)
Topez-Server-ProcessTools (Topez-Server-ProcessTools-dkh.25)
Topez-Server-TestDebugTools (Topez-Server-TestDebugTools-dkh.19)
Topez-Server-Tests (Topez-Server-Tests-dkh.151)
Topez-Server-TestTools (Topez-Server-TestTools-dkh.54)
Utf8Encoding (Utf8Encoding.310-dkh.32)
XML-Observable (XML-Observable-JohanBrichau.1)
XML-Parser (XML-Parser.g-JohanBrichau.116)
XML-Writer (XML-Writer-JAAyer.5)

Dale

[...]

      repository: '<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository%27">github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository';

a Halt occurred (error 2709), Debugging: Warning: LOCK ENFORCED: Attempt to 'load with conflicts' new project: 'ConfigurationOfGrease 1.0.3 from http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository' when existing project: 'BaselineOfGrease [baseline] from <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="github://GsDevKit/Grease:master/repository%27">github://GsDevKit/Grease:master/repository' is locked. New project not loaded. Use #onLock: to intercept. -  G/S[Scandella3106:2]

[...]

We have to work with known stones ... apparently you have loaded other code in your stone?

I need to know exactly what you've done at every step of the way to be able to understand what might be going wrong ...

You need to always load using `Metacello new` (if you want reproducible results) and in the expression below, you do not provide full information about how you loaded all of the Pier and Magritte code ...

I am suspicious that the older versions of Pier and Magritte may be interfering with the XML code, since you appear to have different XML packages loaded ...

Dale
On 03/05/2015 08:12 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass wrote:
[...]

I've continued my testing under the assumption that your SIXX problems started after loading Pier3 and it looks like the #stable version of XML has changed since the last time you loaded the system and used SIXX ...

At the end of the day, you just might have to use the Metacello `lock` on an older version of XML, until we can port SIXX to the newer version of XML ... at least this is my current working theory ...

Dale

On 03/05/2015 10:28 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
[...]

It looks like you need to add:

  #( 'XMLSupport' '1.2.2' 'http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/MetacelloRepository')

to your list of locked projects ...

The package `XML-Parser-monty.274` is coming from a later version of XMLSuppport (actually the XMLParser project) and there must be changes in that newer version that cause SIXX to malfunction ...

Dale

On 03/05/2015 01:56 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
[...]

I do test in a new clean tODE stone.   All works fine without error.

In the stone where the system erase the out of memory error   i loaded :

GsDeployer bulkMigrate: [ {#('Seaside3' '3.0.13' 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main'). #('ZincHTTPComponents' '1.1' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/ZincHTTPComponents'). #('Magritte3' '3.0' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'). #('Magritte3AddOns' '3.0.0' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'). #('Pier3' '3.0.0' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'). #('Pier3AddOns' '3.0.3' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository')} do: [ :ar |

No other things.

Today i resubmit the  (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGLASS1  into the stone incriminated

and fork fine without error.

. so I will need to see some log files to figure out what might be going wrong...

What i need do to use the latest gsDevKitHome release ?

I need to do  git pull   command into gsDevKitHome  before create a new tODE stone?

Ciao, thanks,

[...]

i create a new 3.1.0.6 tODE stone, loaded SIXX

and the  SixxExamples example2

works fine.

Dario,

I used my 3.1.0.6 tODE stone, loaded SIXX:

  GsDeployer
    bulkMigrate: [
      Metacello new
        baseline: 'SIXX';
        repository: '<a href="github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository'">github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository';
        load ].

and then ran the example:

  SixxExamples example2

and it worked just fine ...

Here's the list of packages that are loaded in my stone, if you could supply the list of packages loaded in your stone, we might be able to get to the bottom of this:

How i can get the list of the package loaded ?

Ciao, thanks,

Dario

[...]

into a new tODE stone where i load the  SIXX

and the  SixxExamples example2 works fine,

how i can  locked the packages   ( which packages ? ) before load Seaside packages ?

Thanks,
Dario

[...]

in the tODE stone where i found SIXX problematic,

i do some work to load XML support from http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/MetacelloRepository

But when i do the command:

( ConfigurationOfXMLSupport project version: '1.2.2') load.

the system answer some errors.

Questions:

it's possible load the new XML support into old stone,

or i need to start into a new clean tODE stone and load SIXX before any other package and  locked  it and some other XML project?

Thanks,

Dario

On 03/06/2015 03:26 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass wrote:
Dale,

in the tODE stone where i found SIXX problematic,

i do some work to load XML support from http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/MetacelloRepository

But when i do the command:

( ConfigurationOfXMLSupport project version: '1.2.2') load.

the system answer some errors.
Don't know if the errors are related (without error stacks, I can't guess what might be happening) ... but please get in the habit of using `Metacello new` to load things into GemStone:

  Metacello new
    configuration: 'XMLSupport';
    version: '1.2.2';
    load.

`locks` are not honored if you use the old style load commands...

Questions:

it's possible load the new XML support into old stone,
I don't know what you are asking here ... what version of XML support are you talking about and what do you mean by "old stone"?

or i need to start into a new clean tODE stone and load SIXX before any other package and  locked  it and some other XML project?

Before we get ahead of ourselves, let's get to the point where you load everything you need into a freshly created stone ... when you get the load process working there, then we can talk about loading into an "old stone" as it really depends upon the state of the "old stone".

Dale

12