[Glass] Script for management GLASS ordinary backup - restore

[Glass] Script for management GLASS ordinary backup - restore

dario trussardi
Ciao,

        i setup my environment with Gemstone_daemontools by Monty Williams gitHub.

        It works fine,  but don't management the backup of the repository and the relative tranlogXY.dbf

        It only, when i do the Gemstone_daemontools   gemstone-stop command

                        ask if erase the relative *.log files.

        Now i need a script to  automatic do the  gemstone backup and  erase the holds tranlogs  and hold *.logs

        My objective is to have a  system which manage some basic operations automatically

        included a restart from a unexpected shutdown.

        The external intervention is to considerate only for exceptional  situations.

        Anyone work in this field ?

        Thanks for any considerations,

                Dario

Re: [Glass] Script for management GLASS ordinary backup - restore

Dale Henrichs-3
Dario,

Just published the script that I use up on SS3 ... I edited the script from what is in production and I didn't test the script, so if you find mistakes or can improve the script please issue a pull request with fixes or send mail...

Dale