[Glass] Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.1.0.5?

[Glass] Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.1.0.5?

Paul DeBruicker
Hello,

Inside my project’s configuration I’m attempting to load Seaside 3.1.1 into GemStone 3.1.05 and it fails with this error:

...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
...FAILED->Seaside-Core-pmm.809

in the github-cache the metacello version info shows that the ‘version’ of Seaside-Core to be pmm.809 so I’m not sure why it can’t find it.  I’ve attached the transcript output from the load.

In my configuration I haven’t updated or changed the spec references for Seaside in GemStone. They still point to the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 on smalltalkhub.   I only changed the version from ‘3.0.10’ to ‘3.1.1’.  Should I change it to point to the BaselineOfSeaside3?  If so what is the right way to make that change?  What else should I look at?

Things load fine if I follow the instructions on github.com/glassdb/Seaside31 but not if Seaside only a part of the project I’m loading.

Thanks

Paul

seaside31-on-gemstone-3105.rtf (12K) Download Attachment

Re: [Glass] Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.1.0.5?

Johan Brichau-3
Hi Paul,

In Gemstone, the Seaside-Core package is not loaded. Instead, the Gemstone port Seaside-Core.gemstone is loaded.
I added the 3.1.1 version as the #development version but it was not (yet) intended for Gemstone actually.

I'm close to wrapping up the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 though. I will take a look over the weekend.

Johan

On 14 Feb 2014, at 20:45, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Inside my project’s configuration I’m attempting to load Seaside 3.1.1 into GemStone 3.1.05 and it fails with this error:
>

> ...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
> ...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
> ...FAILED->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
>

> in the github-cache the metacello version info shows that the ‘version’ of Seaside-Core to be pmm.809 so I’m not sure why it can’t find it.  I’ve attached the transcript output from the load.
>

> In my configuration I haven’t updated or changed the spec references for Seaside in GemStone. They still point to the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 on smalltalkhub.   I only changed the version from ‘3.0.10’ to ‘3.1.1’.  Should I change it to point to the BaselineOfSeaside3?  If so what is the right way to make that change?  What else should I look at?
>

> Things load fine if I follow the instructions on github.com/glassdb/Seaside31 but not if Seaside only a part of the project I’m loading.
>

> Thanks
>
> Paul
>

> <seaside31-on-gemstone-3105.rtf>_______________________________________________
> Glass mailing list

Re: [Glass] Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.1.0.5?

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Johan,

Thanks for the info.

Is there a way to use 3.1.x on GemStone without having to remove the Seaside loading instructions on GemStone from all of the Configurations a project may depend upon?

If I load Seaside using the github instructions then load my configuration I get a conflict error between the Seaside baseline and configuration.

Thanks again

Paul

Johan Brichau-3 wrote
Hi Paul,

In Gemstone, the Seaside-Core package is not loaded. Instead, the Gemstone port Seaside-Core.gemstone is loaded.
I added the 3.1.1 version as the #development version but it was not (yet) intended for Gemstone actually.

I'm close to wrapping up the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 though. I will take a look over the weekend.

Johan

On 14 Feb 2014, at 20:45, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Inside my project’s configuration I’m attempting to load Seaside 3.1.1 into GemStone 3.1.05 and it fails with this error:
>

> ...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
> ...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
> ...FAILED->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
>

> in the github-cache the metacello version info shows that the ‘version’ of Seaside-Core to be pmm.809 so I’m not sure why it can’t find it.  I’ve attached the transcript output from the load.
>

> In my configuration I haven’t updated or changed the spec references for Seaside in GemStone. They still point to the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 on smalltalkhub.   I only changed the version from ‘3.0.10’ to ‘3.1.1’.  Should I change it to point to the BaselineOfSeaside3?  If so what is the right way to make that change?  What else should I look at?
>

> Things load fine if I follow the instructions on github.com/glassdb/Seaside31 but not if Seaside only a part of the project I’m loading.
>

> Thanks
>
> Paul
>

> <seaside31-on-gemstone-3105.rtf>_______________________________________________
> Glass mailing list

Re: [Glass] Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.1.0.5?

Johan Brichau-3
Hey Paul,

Opening up the ConfigurationOfSeaside3, I think I spotted the problem.
Can you load my latest commit and try again?

If it's not working, I will have to dig a bit deeper.

Johan

On 14 Feb 2014, at 21:11, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Johan,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Is there a way to use 3.1.x on GemStone without having to remove the Seaside
> may depend upon?
>

> If I load Seaside using the github instructions then load my configuration I
> get a conflict error between the Seaside baseline and configuration.
>

> Thanks again
>
> Paul
>

> Johan Brichau-3 wrote
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> In Gemstone, the Seaside-Core package is not loaded. Instead, the Gemstone
>> port Seaside-Core.gemstone is loaded.
>> I added the 3.1.1 version as the #development version but it was not (yet)
>> intended for Gemstone actually.

>> instructions on github.
>> I'm close to wrapping up the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 though. I will take a
>> look over the weekend.
>>
>> Johan
>>
>> On 14 Feb 2014, at 20:45, Paul DeBruicker &lt;
>
>> pdebruic@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Inside my project’s configuration I’m attempting to load Seaside 3.1.1
>>> into GemStone 3.1.05 and it fails with this error:
>>>

>>> ...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
>>> ...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
>>> ...FAILED->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
>>>

>>> in the github-cache the metacello version info shows that the ‘version’
>>> of Seaside-Core to be pmm.809 so I’m not sure why it can’t find it.  I’ve
>>> attached the transcript output from the load.
>>>

>>> In my configuration I haven’t updated or changed the spec references for
>>> Seaside in GemStone. They still point to the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 on
>>> smalltalkhub.   I only changed the version from ‘3.0.10’ to ‘3.1.1’.
>>> Should I change it to point to the BaselineOfSeaside3?  If so what is the
>>> right way to make that change?  What else should I look at?
>>>

>>> Things load fine if I follow the instructions on
>>> github.com/glassdb/Seaside31 but not if Seaside only a part of the
>>> project I’m loading.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> <seaside31-on-gemstone-3105.rtf>

Re: [Glass] Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.1.0.5?

Paul DeBruicker
Thanks Johan.  That seems to have fixed it.

Paul

Johan Brichau-3 wrote
Hey Paul,

Opening up the ConfigurationOfSeaside3, I think I spotted the problem.
Can you load my latest commit and try again?

If it's not working, I will have to dig a bit deeper.

Johan

On 14 Feb 2014, at 21:11, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Johan,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Is there a way to use 3.1.x on GemStone without having to remove the Seaside
> may depend upon?
>

> If I load Seaside using the github instructions then load my configuration I
> get a conflict error between the Seaside baseline and configuration.
>

> Thanks again
>
> Paul
>

> Johan Brichau-3 wrote
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> In Gemstone, the Seaside-Core package is not loaded. Instead, the Gemstone
>> port Seaside-Core.gemstone is loaded.
>> I added the 3.1.1 version as the #development version but it was not (yet)
>> intended for Gemstone actually.

>> instructions on github.
>> I'm close to wrapping up the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 though. I will take a
>> look over the weekend.
>>
>> Johan
>>
>> On 14 Feb 2014, at 20:45, Paul DeBruicker <
>
>> pdebruic@
>
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Inside my project’s configuration I’m attempting to load Seaside 3.1.1
>>> into GemStone 3.1.05 and it fails with this error:
>>>

>>> ...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
>>> ...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
>>> ...FAILED->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
>>>

>>> in the github-cache the metacello version info shows that the ‘version’
>>> of Seaside-Core to be pmm.809 so I’m not sure why it can’t find it.  I’ve
>>> attached the transcript output from the load.
>>>

>>> In my configuration I haven’t updated or changed the spec references for
>>> Seaside in GemStone. They still point to the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 on
>>> smalltalkhub.   I only changed the version from ‘3.0.10’ to ‘3.1.1’.
>>> Should I change it to point to the BaselineOfSeaside3?  If so what is the
>>> right way to make that change?  What else should I look at?
>>>

>>> Things load fine if I follow the instructions on
>>> github.com/glassdb/Seaside31 but not if Seaside only a part of the
>>> project I’m loading.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> <seaside31-on-gemstone-3105.rtf>

Re: [Glass] Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.1.0.5?

Paul DeBruicker
Hey Johan,

I expect you're already planning to take a look at these but if not I noticed a couple other things.  I've reverted back to 3.0.10 because I was getting an error when loading 'REST' into gemStone 3.1.0.5.  When loading Seaside-REST-Core-JohanBrichau.53 package it complained about needing:
  WARequestHandler
  WARequestFilter
  WAError
  WAObject
  WASystemConfiguration

So it seems like Seaside-Core.gemstone wasn't loaded.

When loading the 'JQuery' group it stumbled on this package: Seaside-JSON-Core-DiegoLont.25 and emitted this error:

a Halt occurred (error 2709), Debug Warning: Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
  GRDelegatingStream
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  GRDelegatingStream>>json:

I was loading the packages like this:

  Metacello new
    baseline: 'Seaside3';
    repository: 'github://glassdb/Seaside31:gemstone3.1/repository';
    load: 'REST'

But the errors also occurred when using my projects configuration.

Thanks for taking a look

Paul

Johan Brichau-3 wrote
Hey Paul,

Opening up the ConfigurationOfSeaside3, I think I spotted the problem.
Can you load my latest commit and try again?

If it's not working, I will have to dig a bit deeper.

Johan

On 14 Feb 2014, at 21:11, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Johan,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Is there a way to use 3.1.x on GemStone without having to remove the Seaside
> may depend upon?
>

> If I load Seaside using the github instructions then load my configuration I
> get a conflict error between the Seaside baseline and configuration.
>

> Thanks again
>
> Paul
>

> Johan Brichau-3 wrote
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> In Gemstone, the Seaside-Core package is not loaded. Instead, the Gemstone
>> port Seaside-Core.gemstone is loaded.
>> I added the 3.1.1 version as the #development version but it was not (yet)
>> intended for Gemstone actually.

>> instructions on github.
>> I'm close to wrapping up the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 though. I will take a
>> look over the weekend.
>>
>> Johan
>>
>> On 14 Feb 2014, at 20:45, Paul DeBruicker <
>
>> pdebruic@
>
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Inside my project’s configuration I’m attempting to load Seaside 3.1.1
>>> into GemStone 3.1.05 and it fails with this error:
>>>

>>> ...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
>>> ...RETRY->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
>>> ...FAILED->Seaside-Core-pmm.809
>>>

>>> in the github-cache the metacello version info shows that the ‘version’
>>> of Seaside-Core to be pmm.809 so I’m not sure why it can’t find it.  I’ve
>>> attached the transcript output from the load.
>>>

>>> In my configuration I haven’t updated or changed the spec references for
>>> Seaside in GemStone. They still point to the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 on
>>> smalltalkhub.   I only changed the version from ‘3.0.10’ to ‘3.1.1’.
>>> Should I change it to point to the BaselineOfSeaside3?  If so what is the
>>> right way to make that change?  What else should I look at?
>>>

>>> Things load fine if I follow the instructions on
>>> github.com/glassdb/Seaside31 but not if Seaside only a part of the
>>> project I’m loading.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> <seaside31-on-gemstone-3105.rtf>

Re: [Glass] Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.1.0.5?

Johan Brichau-3
Hi Paul,

The second error is because the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 does not pull in the latest Grease 1.1.
The loading script in the README on the github repo has an explicit step for that.

I’m busy setting up the Grease port for Gemstone on the glassdb github repository and hope to finish that sometime this weekend.

The first loading error is strange because REST explicitly sets the Core as a prerequisite.
I have updated the configuration baseline and maybe the online version was a bit behind. So it might be fixed now.

Johan

On 14 Feb 2014, at 23:55, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

   repository: '<a href="github://glassdb/Seaside31:gemstone3.1/repository'">github://glassdb/Seaside31:gemstone3.1/repository';
   load: 'REST'

But the errors also occurred when using my projects configuration.

Thanks for taking a look

Paul

Johan Brichau-3 wrote
Hey Paul,

Opening up the ConfigurationOfSeaside3, I think I spotted the problem.
Can you load my latest commit and try again?

If it's not working, I will have to dig a bit deeper.

Johan

On 14 Feb 2014, at 21:11, Paul DeBruicker &lt;

pdebruic@

&gt; wrote:

[...]

Gerhard Obermann
Hi!

I tried to load seaside 3.1 following the instructions on github.com/glassdb/Seaside31 into a clean 3.1.0.5 db.

Only the first script did work.

After that i always get the following errors:

...RETRY->BaselineOfGLASS1
...RETRY->BaselineOfGLASS1
gofer repository error: 'GoferRepositoryError: file is too short'...ignoring
...FAILED->BaselineOfGLASS1

without loading GLASS

...RETRY->BaselineOfSeaside3
...RETRY->BaselineOfSeaside3
gofer repository error: 'GoferRepositoryError: file is too short'...ignoring
...FAILED->BaselineOfSeaside3

Am i missing something.

Gerhard

&gt; wrote:

[...]

Gerhard,

It seems there is a problem loading packages from the github repository.
Can you check in your /tmp if there are github zipfiles?

Johan

On 15 Feb 2014, at 18:48, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>  GRDelegatingStream>>json:
>>

>> I was loading the packages like this:
>>
>>  Metacello new
>>    baseline: 'Seaside3';
>>    repository: 'github://glassdb/Seaside31:gemstone3.1/repository';
>>    load: 'REST'
>>

>> But the errors also occurred when using my projects configuration.
>>

>> Thanks for taking a look
>>

>> Paul
>>

>> Johan Brichau-3 wrote
>>> Hey Paul,
>>>
>>> Opening up the ConfigurationOfSeaside3, I think I spotted the problem.
>>> Can you load my latest commit and try again?
>>>
>>> If it's not working, I will have to dig a bit deeper.
>>>
>>> Johan
>>>
>>> On 14 Feb 2014, at 21:11, Paul DeBruicker &lt;
>>
>>> pdebruic@

>>> <seaside31-on-gemstone-3105.rtf>

Re: [Glass] Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.1.0.5?

Dale Henrichs-3
...and curl has to be installed ... and are you running on windows?

There's an open metacello issue[1] about using guthub repos on windows and I think that there ae some workarounds available ... as I've mentioned before I am crippled by not having anyone with windows machine/experience to help support metacello and I don't think that travis-ci supports windows either so automated testing is crippled as well ...

Dale