[Glass] SocketStream and ZnServer sockets inside TransientValues

[Glass] SocketStream and ZnServer sockets inside TransientValues

Paul DeBruicker
I was getting errors like this while running tests on some libraries:

http://forum.world.st/Issue-282-in-glassdb-Swazoo-server-crashing-with-aGsSocket-that-has-some-associated-session-state-har-td3705456.html

In an attempt to fix them I wrapped the SocketStream inst var #socket
and the the ZnServer serverSocket inst var in a TransientValue.  That
ended up not helping my problem (I was keeping a ZnClient around when I
shouldn't have been)

Should I upload the wrapped versions of SocketStream and ZnServer or
somewhere leave it alone for now?  I just don't know if my changes are
fixes or wasteful.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide

Paul

Re: [Glass] SocketStream and ZnServer sockets inside TransientValues

Dale Henrichs-3
Paul,

I guess I would like the wrapped versions if they fix a problem ... When you say that "[it] ended up not helping my problem", I am curious whether it didn't help because the TransientValue didn't behave as expected, or there was an additional issue?

I can imagine that solving the "cannot persist socket instance" isn't very interesting if the object that references the socket isn't going to work correctlyanyway...

On the other hand, allowing one to persist an object that references a socket for debugging purposes would be useful...

So perhaps uploading the changes is a good thing...

Dale