[Glass] WAFastCGI don't start after some GLASS database command

[Glass] WAFastCGI don't start after some GLASS database command

dario trussardi
Ciao,

     last Friday i do some works on GLASS 3.1.0.4 repository.

     I do some:  A)  SystemRepository markForCollection

             and:    B)    SystemRepository reclaimAll

       with some problem as report into email titled:     Reference to
anObject

     Today when i start the Gemstone the relative WAFastCGI don't start

      as report into the attachement.

     I resubmit A and B     but without solving the problem.

     I restore one hold backup ( save before any  A B commands ) and
with it the FastCGI work fine.

     I need to do some Transaction command in the error image?

     Thanks,

         Dario

WAFastCGIAdaptor_server-9040.log (11K) Download Attachment

Re: [Glass] WAFastCGI don't start after some GLASS database command

Dale Henrichs-3
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner ... I have to say that I don't understand the error you are getting either:

GemStone: Error         Nonfatal
a ArgumentTypeError occurred (error 2094), reason:rtErrBadArgKind,
for anObjectLogEntry  expected a SymbolAssociation
Error Category: 231169 [GemStone] Number: 2094  Arg Count: 4 Context : 45085697 exception : 44928001
Arg 1: [44927745 sz:6 cls: 20632065 ObjectLogEntry] anObjectLogEntry
Arg 2: [111617 sz:19 cls: 844545 SymbolAssociation class] SymbolAssociation
Arg 3: [20 sz:0 cls: 76289 UndefinedObject] nil
Arg 4: [20 sz:0 cls: 76289 UndefinedObject] nil
topaz > exec iferr 1 : where
==> 1 AbstractException >> _signalWith:             (envId 0) @6 line 25   [methId 4496129]
2 AbstractException >> signal                   (envId 0) @2 line 47   [methId 4492033]
3 Object >> _error:args:                        (envId 0) @15 line 11   [methId 10764545]
4 Object >> _errorExpectedClass:                (envId 0) @2 line 5   [methId 3581441]
5 Object >> _validateClass:                     (envId 0) @4 line 6   [methId 3337217]
6 SymbolDictionary >> addAssociation:           (envId 0) @4 line 6   [methId 3555585]
7 IdentityDictionary >> add:                    (envId 0) @2 line 7   [methId 3791873]
8 ObjectLogEntry >> addToLog                    (envId 0) @4 line 3   [methId

ObjectLogEntry >> addToLog is supposed to be adding itself to an RCQueue and instead it appears to be trying to add itself to an IdentityDictionary. So you need to understand why ObjectLogEntry class>>objectQueue is returning an IdentityDictionary (you can inspect in GemTools) ...

Presumably if you re-initialize ObjectLogEntry you'll be back in business ... but I _am_ curious how an IdentityDictionary could sneak in there...

  ObjectLogEntry initalize "note the intentional misspelling should do the job"

Dale

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 7:13 AM, Dario Trussardi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao,

    last Friday i do some works on GLASS 3.1.0.4 repository.

    I do some:  A)  SystemRepository markForCollection

            and:    B)    SystemRepository reclaimAll

      with some problem as report into email titled:     Reference to anObject

    Today when i start the Gemstone the relative WAFastCGI don't start

     as report into the attachement.

    I resubmit A and B     but without solving the problem.

    I restore one hold backup ( save before any  A B commands ) and with it the FastCGI work fine.

    I need to do some Transaction command in the error image?

    Thanks,

        Dario

Re: [Glass] WAFastCGI don't start after some GLASS database command

dario trussardi
Dale,

[...]

Yes it return a "SymbolDictionary"   not  aRCQueue

Presumably if you re-initialize ObjectLogEntry you'll be back in business ... but I _am_ curious how an IdentityDictionary could sneak in there...

I haven't idea about it.

The only thing i remember is the shutdown and restarting of the repository because i don't know the delay time of the:  reclaimAll command.

  ObjectLogEntry initalize "note the intentional misspelling should do the job"

Yes with the initalize command all go well.

Thank,

Dario

Dale

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 7:13 AM, Dario Trussardi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao,

    last Friday i do some works on GLASS 3.1.0.4 repository.

    I do some:  A)  SystemRepository markForCollection

            and:    B)    SystemRepository reclaimAll

      with some problem as report into email titled:     Reference to anObject

    Today when i start the Gemstone the relative WAFastCGI don't start

     as report into the attachement.

    I resubmit A and B     but without solving the problem.

    I restore one hold backup ( save before any  A B commands ) and with it the FastCGI work fine.

    I need to do some Transaction command in the error image?

    Thanks,

        Dario

[Glass] Loading Seaside into GS3.2

JupiterJones
Hi All,

Over the weekend the load of seaside into 3.2 (and maybe others) stopped working with the error:

--transcript--'...FAILED->Seaside-GemStone-Tools-OmniBrowser'
ERROR 2710 , a MetacelloPackageSpecResolutionError occurred (error 2710) (MetacelloPackageSpecResolutionError)

I noticed that ConfigurationOfGsOB still refers to seaside.gemstone.com but haven’t looking into if that’s the issue :)

Re: [Glass] Loading Seaside into GS3.2

Dale Henrichs-3
could you give me the version of the ConficurationOfGsOB mcz file that you are using? If you've got it I'd also like to get the version of GsOB that you're trying to load (should be in the Transcript right before the error....

I'm only cleaning up the versions that are being hit to save me editing time ...

If you could give the version of Seaside that you're trying to load into GemStone 3.2 that'd help me figure out where to look ... the load expression that you're using would be best I think ... there are copies of configurations all over the place ... Unfortunately for me, it seems that I can access seaside.gemstone.com again, so I don't have the advantage of actually getting errors anymore ...

Dale