[Glass] allSubInstances slow

GLASS mailing list
Hi there,

I’m implementing a data migration where I need to do a MyClass allSubInstances, which seems to be very very slow even on a moderately sized database.
I was wonder if there are better practices to achieve this? The class MyClass has many subclasses.

Is it better do separate the iteration of all those instances per subclass?
I.e.: MySubClassA allInstances do: […]. MySubClassB allInstances do:[…] etc….
Or is there any other way to speed things up here?

thanks
Johan

Re: [Glass] allSubInstances slow

GLASS mailing list
Johan,

Take a look at GsDeployer>>doBulkMigrate ... you can do a list instances for a bunch of classes with a single pass through the repoistory ... and I will submit a bug against allSubInstances since this trick should be used there as well...

Dale

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Johan Brichau via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there,

I’m implementing a data migration where I need to do a MyClass allSubInstances, which seems to be very very slow even on a moderately sized database.
I was wonder if there are better practices to achieve this? The class MyClass has many subclasses.

Is it better do separate the iteration of all those instances per subclass?
I.e.: MySubClassA allInstances do: […]. MySubClassB allInstances do:[…] etc….
Or is there any other way to speed things up here?

thanks
Johan

Re: [Glass] allSubInstances slow

GLASS mailing list
du’h ;)
That runs like a jetfighter versus a bicycle :)

thanks!
Johan