[Glass] controlling existing GLASS install with Gemstone for OSX app?

[Glass] controlling existing GLASS install with Gemstone for OSX app?

Paul DeBruicker
Hi James,

        How can I use the Gemstone for OSX app to control an existing Gemstone installation?

        Or if I can't do that can I specify which extent gets started?

Thanks

Paul

Re: [Glass] controlling existing GLASS install with Gemstone for OSX app?

James Foster-9
Hi Paul,

In order to keep things tightly managed everything related to GemStone.app takes place in ~/Library/GemStone. This includes the locks directory (which is otherwise in /opt/gemstone/locks), so that things like gslist will be confused between internal and external systems.

My suggestion would be to start a new database using GemStone.app and restore from a backup of your existing database. At that point you have something that is controlled by GemStone.app. Would that work okay?

James