[Glass] crash stone in Test

leodm
Hi!

We have several electrical power problems here, and that makes that the TEST glass vm crash. This time, we can not start the gemstone again, even with -R. Apparently this the extent crash, not only the tranlog (see attachment)

We have several source code in the Test VM that we dont want to loose! Any help would be appreciated.

Thnks!
Leo

seaside.log (166K) Download Attachment

[Glass] Fwd: crash stone in Test

Bill.Erickson
Sorry Leo.  With page cache faults that occur during stone startup, there's nothing you can do.  Not clear on what caused the problem -- looks like an extent got corrupted during one of the power failures.

Hopefully you generated a backup and have preserved all the tranlogs generated since that backup -- you should be able to restoreFromBackup/restoreFromLogs to get everything back.

Good Luck!

Bill Erickson
GemTalk Systems Engineering
15220 NW Greenbrier Parkway #240, Beaverton OR 97006

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Leonardo Andres De Marco <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

We have several electrical power problems here, and that makes that the TEST glass vm crash. This time, we can not start the gemstone again, even with -R. Apparently this the extent crash, not only the tranlog (see attachment)

We have several source code in the Test VM that we dont want to loose! Any help would be appreciated.

Thnks!
Leo

Re: [Glass] crash stone in Test

Dale Henrichs-3
Leo,

Of course Bill's answer is a better one, but on the off chance that you don't have a backup, the source _is_ stored in plain text in the extent file, so in theory, I think you could use an editor like HexEdit to search in the extent file for the source code and extract it that way if push came to shove...

Dale

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Leonardo Andres De Marco <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

We have several electrical power problems here, and that makes that the TEST glass vm crash. This time, we can not start the gemstone again, even with -R. Apparently this the extent crash, not only the tranlog (see attachment)

We have several source code in the Test VM that we dont want to loose! Any help would be appreciated.

Thnks!
Leo

Re: [Glass] crash stone in Test

leodm
Hi Dale, Bill,

Thnks! we are going to search the source code by editing the extent directly because we dont't have a backup in Test ambience :( But that's ok for us!

We keep inform you with the results!

thnks very much!
Leo