[Glass] fast gci session core dump

otto
Hi,

We're getting core dumps on our fast gci glass sessions. Seemingly to
do with md5 sum on a string.

We're running 3.1.0.5 now.

Has anyone seen this kind of thing? Can anyone please help?

Where do I start looking?

Thanks
Otto

fcgi_core_dump_trace (93K) Download Attachment

Re: [Glass] fast gci session core dump

Dale Henrichs-3
Otto,

Could you send us the gem log file (with the stack and c stack)? We may be able to tell what's going on from that information.

Dale

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Otto Behrens <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We're getting core dumps on our fast gci glass sessions. Seemingly to
do with md5 sum on a string.

We're running 3.1.0.5 now.

Has anyone seen this kind of thing? Can anyone please help?

Where do I start looking?

Thanks
Otto

Re: [Glass] fast gci session core dump

Dale Henrichs-3
haha. James pointed out that you did attach the log file to your mail ... I really hate the gmail gui:)

I'll let you know what we figure out from the stack ...

Dale

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Otto Behrens <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We're getting core dumps on our fast gci glass sessions. Seemingly to
do with md5 sum on a string.

We're running 3.1.0.5 now.

Has anyone seen this kind of thing? Can anyone please help?

Where do I start looking?

Thanks
Otto

Re: [Glass] fast gci session core dump

Dale Henrichs-3
Otto,

From the stack I see that the receiver is a Unicode7 instance ... it is possible that the md5 primitive isn't written to work well with Unicode (I'm not in the office yet to check)...

Perhaps converting the Unicode* instance into a *String instance with #asString will avoid the issue?

Dale

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Otto Behrens <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We're getting core dumps on our fast gci glass sessions. Seemingly to
do with md5 sum on a string.

We're running 3.1.0.5 now.

Has anyone seen this kind of thing? Can anyone please help?

Where do I start looking?

Thanks
Otto

Re: [Glass] fast gci session core dump

nrgiii
Otto,

It appears to be failing inside OpenSSL code.  Which SSL library are you using?  The new one with the heart bleed fix or the one that shipped with 3.1.0.5?

Does this problem reproduce reliably?

Norm