[Glass] script startStone

GLASS mailing list
The script startStone prints the command line before doing its work.
This command line contains the login user name and password.

Feature ?

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] script startStone

GLASS mailing list

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:39 AM, [hidden email] via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
The script startStone prints the command line before doing its work.
This command line contains the login user name and password.

Be aware that when you do something via topaz (like starting Seaside gems or whatever), I also shows the username/password in the log files if no parameter -q was set in the topaz session.

So... what I do for my scripts, is that every single script I have, passes via a general runTopazScript.sh. This script has -q defined (for production). Previously (until I have all the setup working), it didn't.

Not the same as the startStone...but you may want to be sure you are not printing username/pass in logs either.

Feature ?

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] script startStone

GLASS mailing list
Marten,

Very good points. I've submitted an issue on this one ... I'm getting very close to making another pass on the gsDevKitHome scripts[2] and structures ... I've got a handful of things that the devkit work depends upon before I get there ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/issues/37
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/labels/in%20process