Global Seaside re-initialization

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi all,

I loaded Seaside 3.2 on top of the previously loaded 3.1 in VW and now
everytime I try to access an application I'm getting errors of the
kind of the one in the following stack:

Message not understood: #keyFromContext:
Seaside.WAQueryFieldHandlerTrackingStrategy class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
Seaside.WAApplication(Seaside.WARegistry)>>handleFiltered:
Seaside.WAApplication>>handleFiltered:
Seaside.WAExceptionFilter(Seaside.WARequestFilter)>>handleFiltered:
optimized [] in [] in Seaside.WAExceptionFilter>>handleFiltered:
BlockClosure>>on:do:

For some reason the configuration is returning the class of the
tracking strategy instead of an instance.

I could create a new image from scratch, but I'd like to know how to
reset everything, since most initializations are automatically
executed by class side #initialize method.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Global Seaside re-initialization

Max Leske
Try this:

WAAdmin clearAll.
WAConfiguration allSubInstancesDo: #clearSearchContexts.
WASystemConfiguration allSubInstancesDo: #clearDescription.

(#clearAll does not correctly reset descriptions)

Max

> On 26 May 2017, at 16:48, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I loaded Seaside 3.2 on top of the previously loaded 3.1 in VW and now
> everytime I try to access an application I'm getting errors of the
> kind of the one in the following stack:
>
> Message not understood: #keyFromContext:
> Seaside.WAQueryFieldHandlerTrackingStrategy class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> Seaside.WAApplication(Seaside.WARegistry)>>handleFiltered:
> Seaside.WAApplication>>handleFiltered:
> Seaside.WAExceptionFilter(Seaside.WARequestFilter)>>handleFiltered:
> optimized [] in [] in Seaside.WAExceptionFilter>>handleFiltered:
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>
> For some reason the configuration is returning the class of the
> tracking strategy instead of an instance.
>
> I could create a new image from scratch, but I'd like to know how to
> reset everything, since most initializations are automatically
> executed by class side #initialize method.
>
> Regards!
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Global Seaside re-initialization

Johan Brichau-2
Esteban,

I don’t know if this would be specific to VW, but it sounds like you need to reregister the applications.
See “Upgrading” and “Breaking changes” in the release notes for 3.2.0:

Let us know if there is something different going on
Johan

[...]

Hi Johan,

I followed the recommended procedure in the wiki page and found what
was causing the issue, the server adapter was referencing an
old,dangling, instance of the default WADispatcher. I set it to nil
and everything started working ok.

WAAdmin clearAll.
WAConfiguration allSubInstancesDo: #clearSearchContexts.
WASystemConfiguration allSubInstancesDo: #clearDescription.

WAServerManager default stopAll.
WAServerManager instVarNamed: 'default' put: nil.
SeasideResponder defaultSeasideRequestDispatcher: nil.
WAEnvironment reloadApplications.

Also, I don't know if it is a bug or a feature, but WAServerManager
class>>#default is accessing the default instance variable, that in my
previous attemps, was nil. Shouldn't it check for nil before accessing
its contents?

WAServerManager class>>#default
    default isNil ifTrue: [self initializeDefaultValueHolder]. "<-- add this?"
    default contents ifNil: [ default contents: self new ].
    ^ default contents

Thank you very much,

Esteban A. Maringolo