Global package cache

fstephany
Hi there,

I've seen some people using a shared package cache to avoid downloading
package that were already used.

Is this a preference somewhere or do you set manually:

MCCacheRepository default: (aFileDirectory somewhere)

?

Cheers,
Francois

Re: Global package cache

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
fstephany wrote
MCCacheRepository default: (aFileDirectory somewhere)
That's right. We never got around to adding the setting, although it would be easy enough. Maybe best to put it in a global Pharo startup script?

See http://forum.world.st/Having-a-shared-package-cache-Re-MCDirectoryRepository-defaultDirectoryName-ignored-td3924814.html for the original discussion
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Global package cache

fstephany
Works like a charm, thanks Sean !

On 17/05/12 18:40, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> fstephany wrote
>>
>> MCCacheRepository default: (aFileDirectory somewhere)
>>

> That's right. We never got around to adding the setting, although it would
> be easy enough. Maybe best to put it in a global Pharo startup script?
>
> See
> http://forum.world.st/Having-a-shared-package-cache-Re-MCDirectoryRepository-defaultDirectoryName-ignored-td3924814.html
> for the original discussion

Re: Global package cache

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

fstephany wrote

> MCCacheRepository default: (aFileDirectory somewhere)

That's right. We never got around to adding the setting, although it would
be easy enough. Maybe best to put it in a global Pharo startup script?

See
http://forum.world.st/Having-a-shared-package-cache-Re-MCDirectoryRepository-defaultDirectoryName-ignored-td3924814.html
for the original discussion

Mariano