Global package cache

fstephany
In an 1.4 summer image, executing:

> MCCacheRepository default: (FileDirectory on: '/Users/fstephany/package-cache/').

in a workspace works fine.

But:

> StartupLoader default executeAtomicItems: {
>   StartupAction name: 'Global Monticello package-cache' code: [
>     MCCacheRepository default: (FileDirectory on: '/Users/fstephany/package-cache/')].
 >   ... other StartupAction }.

doesn't.

The other StartupActions are executed fine (meaning that StartupLoader
works).

Is there something reseting the package-cache at startup?

Re: Global package cache

Ben Coman
Francois Stephany wrote:

> In an 1.4 summer image, executing:
>
>> MCCacheRepository default: (FileDirectory on:
>> '/Users/fstephany/package-cache/').
>
> in a workspace works fine.
>
> But:
>
>> StartupLoader default executeAtomicItems: {
>>   StartupAction name: 'Global Monticello package-cache' code: [
>>     MCCacheRepository default: (FileDirectory on:
>> '/Users/fstephany/package-cache/')].
> >   ... other StartupAction }.
>
> doesn't.
>
> The other StartupActions are executed fine (meaning that StartupLoader
> works).
>
> Is there something reseting the package-cache at startup?

This is the one I used...

StartupLoader default executeAtomicItems: {
    StartupAction name: 'Shared Package Cache' code:
    [   MCCacheRepository default directory setPathName:
'C:\Smalltalk\#Shared-Package-Cache'.
        MCDirectoryRepository defaultDirectoryName:
'C:\Smalltalk\#Shared-Package-Cache'.
    ].
}.

I'm not sure of the function of the fourth line (I copied it from
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/startuploader-running-startup-scripts-in-pharo/)

Re: Global package cache

Mariano Martinez Peck

This is the one I used...

StartupLoader default executeAtomicItems: {
   StartupAction name: 'Shared Package Cache' code:
   [   MCCacheRepository default directory setPathName: 'C:\Smalltalk\#Shared-Package-Cache'.
       MCDirectoryRepository defaultDirectoryName: 'C:\Smalltalk\#Shared-Package-Cache'.
   ].
}.

I'm not sure of the function of the fourth line (I copied it from http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/startuploader-running-startup-scripts-in-pharo/)

The fourth line is just the default directory that appears in the popup when you do "+repository" -> "directory" in the MC browser.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com