Globally changing all occurrences of a method name

Globally changing all occurrences of a method name

Fernando Rodriguez
Hi,

I have a 2 loose methods in 2 different packages. They do the same
thing, but one has a better implementation. How do I change all
references, in the whole image,  to the first by references to the
second?

Thanks

Re: Globally changing all occurrences of a method name

hboon@motionobj.com
Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 2 loose methods in 2 different packages. They do the same
> thing, but one has a better implementation. How do I change all
> references, in the whole image,  to the first by references to the
> second?

You can use the RB's "rename references".

Re: Globally changing all occurrences of a method name

Fernando Rodriguez
On 28 May 2005 20:19:53 -0700, "[hidden email]"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I have a 2 loose methods in 2 different packages. They do the same
>> thing, but one has a better implementation. How do I change all
>> references, in the whole image,  to the first by references to the
>> second?
>
>You can use the RB's "rename references".

I'm trying to find this option in the menus, but without any luck.
Could you be more specific? O:-)

Thanks

Re: Globally changing all occurrences of a method name

hboon@motionobj.com
The trick to remember is simple. There are refactorings at the class
level and method level. You are trying to rename a reference to a
method. So, in a browser,  look under the Method menu or right click on
a method and look under Refactorings. You need to have DPro to have the
RB tools.