Glorp & GlorpAbstractStringType

Victor Metelitsa [cssc/zsavs/p2]
Hello All.

I am sorry but I can't load Glorp 0.4.7 and above from Cincom public
repository because "GlorpAbstractStringType is not loadable".
What I do wrong?

Victor

Re: Glorp & GlorpAbstractStringType

Alan Knight-2
I think that you probably have an older version already loaded, and are running into a Store limitation when a newer version of a loaded package has class hierarchy changes. It seems that the changes are complicated enough that Store doesn't get the load order correct. If you unload the old version first it should load.

--
Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development
http://www.cincom.com/smalltalk

"The Static Typing Philosophy: Make it fast. Make it right. Make it run." - Niall Ross

Re: Glorp & GlorpAbstractStringType

Boris Popov-4
Alan Knight wrote:
> I think that you probably have an older version already loaded, and are running into a Store limitation when a newer version of a loaded package has class hierarchy changes. It seems that the changes are complicated enough that Store doesn't get the load order correct. If you unload the old version first it should load.

To confirm what Alan is suggesting, I had no problems loading 0.4.15
into a clean 7.4 image just a few days ago.

Hope this helps,

-Boris