Glorp Tests

Каменев Алексей Николаевич

Hello!

Have somebody tested Glorp in Pharo ?

I have a problem J

Not enough knowledge-understanding  to deal with errors

P.S.

I have installed latest Pharo+PostgreClientV2+Glopr

Best regards

Alexey Kamenew

Re: Glorp Tests

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi! Yes. I did and I will do it. I am trying Glorp to be easily installed in Pharo.

I am creating new packages so that Glorp could load in Pharo. So, all this steps would be much more easier. I will be glad to know if these steps work for you. However, I am first trying to see what the problems are.

If you want to use latest pharo image, you must do the following things:

1) Download latests pharo image.

2) Pharo doesn't support underscore '_'  as name of a selector. I already created a ticket and hope this to be fixed. However, there is a workaround you must install: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=826. Filein underscore.cs

3) Install PostgreClientV2 and Glorp. If you have md5 in PostgreSQL you must also download Cryptography package.

4) At this moment, you must have all but 3 tests green in Cryptography package and all green in PostgreClientV2. Noticed you may change class side method PGConnection #buildDefaultConnectionArgs for your connection settings.

5) Copy the following methods (all of the category *glorpPostload) from BlockContext to BlockClosure:

asGlorpExpression
asGlorpExpressionForDescriptor: aDescriptor
asGlorpExpressionOn: anExpression
asGlorpExpressionOn: anExpression in: aQuery
asGlorpExpressionOn: anExpression withUltimateBase: aBaseExpression
glorpIsBlock

6) )  In EscaledDecimal #glorpPrintSQLOn: aStream     change the "fraction" variable use for a getter: asFraction.

7) You may need to change the connection settings of Glorp tests. To do this, change GlorpDatabaseLoginResource #defaultPostgre*  (all methods starting with defaultPostgre). Now, run Glorp tests and all should be green.

Tell me you results.

Cheers,

Mariano