Glorp on Pharo 4

Adventurer
Hi All,

I see that Sven is active on this list.  I've tried to use his excellent
tutorial on his "concerning-pharo" blog to understand Glorp and to get my
own instance of the demo app running on Pharo 4 and Postgres.

I have not burnt a lot of time on this yet, but I would like to know if this
combination of technologies is known to work anywhere.  I have not yet got
it working.

Craig

Re: Glorp on Pharo 4

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Craig,

> On 19 Jan 2015, at 13:02, Craig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I see that Sven is active on this list.  I've tried to use his excellent
> tutorial on his "concerning-pharo" blog to understand Glorp and to get my
> own instance of the demo app running on Pharo 4 and Postgres.
>
> I have not burnt a lot of time on this yet, but I would like to know if this
> combination of technologies is known to work anywhere.  I have not yet got
> it working.
>
> Craig

Using Glorp on top of the PostgresV2 driver (which uses just a network connection and no native code nor plugin) should work on all platforms. Of course, you still have to install Postgres itself, but it can run on another machine too.

HTH,

Sven

Re: Glorp on Pharo 4

Adventurer

> Using Glorp on top of the PostgresV2 driver (which uses just a network
connection
> and no native code nor plugin) should work on all platforms. Of course,
you still
> have to install Postgres itself, but it can run on another machine too.

Thanks for the pointer.  It took quite a bit of scratching around, but I now
have a working
Postgres Glorp driver, so I can use either RDBMS.

Thank-you for taking the trouble to respond to my questions.

Craig

Re: Glorp on Pharo 4

Adventurer

Re: Glorp on Pharo 4

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 22 Jan 2015, at 06:52, Craig <[hidden email]> wrote:

What exactly do you mean ?

Reading the link above that seems to be correct, at first glance, maybe I don't see it.

Sven

Re: Glorp on Pharo 4

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
A comma is indeed a (binary) message. It concatenates two Collections, like Strings.

Please provide more details on how you try to connect and what error you get, exactly.

Re: Glorp on Pharo 4

Adventurer
Sven,

It took a bit, but I figured it out.

If you try to login with a login that has previously been used, then you get
this DNU message.

I was following your "reddit-st-in-10-cool-pharo-classes" and it happened
when I ran the first test.
This was the second time that the DefaultLogin was used (it was lazily
initialised by the create tables call).
When I nill-ed out the DefaultLogin the tests all passed.

Craig