Glorp version in Pharo

Esteban A. Maringolo
[I'm cross posting Pharo-dev mailing list too]

Hi Pharo developers,

I'm having an issue while performing a not so common db query (but not
esoteric either).
And it seems the version I'm using in Pharo is outdated compared with
the latest version they're using in VW.

Is there an official maintaner and/or updater of the Glorp port for Pharo?

I'm using the GlorpDriverPostgreSQL, and the Glorp package from
SmalltalkHub (Glorp-MarianoMartinezPeck.88).
I don't have any DBXTalk stuff in my image.

Do we know how old is the Pharo branch from VisualWorks?

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

> I think that whatever version it is it's an old one, because that looks like
> a bug that was fixed some while ago. It's not putting in the subselect table
> in the from clause. I would hope that the Pharo port would list somewhere
> which Glorp version it was built from.  There's code to generate a
> Squeak/Pharo port from the VisualWorks version, and the code tries to be
> entirely portable in the core, but I never got fixes back from the last
> porting effort to incorporate, so there are probably some divergences.
>

> On 5 March 2014 10:31, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> It might have to do with the Pharo version of Glorp. I get the exact
>> same error as with Alan's suggestion.
>> I there any way I can know which version of Glorp I'm running in Pharo?

>> > Hi Esteban,
>> >
>> > I was able to execute the following query, equivalent to what you're
>> > trying
>> > to do on the current dev build of VisualWorks connected to a Store
>> > repository running in PostgreSQL.
>> >
>> >     | session query |
>> >     session := StoreLoginFactory currentStoreSession.
>> >     query read: StorePackage
>> >         where: [:each | | subQuery |
>> >             subQuery := Query read: StorePackage
>> >                 where: [:eachPkg|  eachPkg name = each name].
>> >             subQuery retrieveMax: [:eachPkg | eachPkg timestamp ].
>> >             each timestamp = subQuery].
>> >     session execute: query.
>> >
>> > This appears to be what you're trying to do.

Re: Glorp version in Pharo

Esteban A. Maringolo
Bump.

Nobody can answer this? :-/
Esteban A. Maringolo

> [I'm cross posting Pharo-dev mailing list too]
>
> Hi Pharo developers,
>
> I'm having an issue while performing a not so common db query (but not
> esoteric either).
> And it seems the version I'm using in Pharo is outdated compared with
> the latest version they're using in VW.
>
> Is there an official maintaner and/or updater of the Glorp port for Pharo?
>
> I'm using the GlorpDriverPostgreSQL, and the Glorp package from
> SmalltalkHub (Glorp-MarianoMartinezPeck.88).
> I don't have any DBXTalk stuff in my image.
>
> Do we know how old is the Pharo branch from VisualWorks?
>
> Regards!
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

>> I think that whatever version it is it's an old one, because that looks like
>> a bug that was fixed some while ago. It's not putting in the subselect table
>> in the from clause. I would hope that the Pharo port would list somewhere
>> which Glorp version it was built from.  There's code to generate a
>> Squeak/Pharo port from the VisualWorks version, and the code tries to be
>> entirely portable in the core, but I never got fixes back from the last
>> porting effort to incorporate, so there are probably some divergences.
>>

>> On 5 March 2014 10:31, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Tom,
>>>
>>> It might have to do with the Pharo version of Glorp. I get the exact
>>> same error as with Alan's suggestion.
>>> I there any way I can know which version of Glorp I'm running in Pharo?

Re: Glorp version in Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[I'm cross posting Pharo-dev mailing list too]

Hi Pharo developers,

I'm having an issue while performing a not so common db query (but not
esoteric either).
And it seems the version I'm using in Pharo is outdated compared with
the latest version they're using in VW.

Is there an official maintaner and/or updater of the Glorp port for Pharo?

No. The first time, we did ir (me, Esteban Lorenzano, Guillermo Polito, etc). We took certain version of the VW version. I will try to search which one. After that, no one that I am aware of did a another port again.

I'm using the GlorpDriverPostgreSQL, and the Glorp package from
SmalltalkHub (Glorp-MarianoMartinezPeck.88).
I don't have any DBXTalk stuff in my image.

So you are using Glorp + native postgres driver.

Do we know how old is the Pharo branch from VisualWorks?

Quite a bit. let me see if I find which one...

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

> I think that whatever version it is it's an old one, because that looks like
> a bug that was fixed some while ago. It's not putting in the subselect table
> in the from clause. I would hope that the Pharo port would list somewhere
> which Glorp version it was built from.  There's code to generate a
> Squeak/Pharo port from the VisualWorks version, and the code tries to be
> entirely portable in the core, but I never got fixes back from the last
> porting effort to incorporate, so there are probably some divergences.
>

> On 5 March 2014 10:31, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> It might have to do with the Pharo version of Glorp. I get the exact
>> same error as with Alan's suggestion.
>> I there any way I can know which version of Glorp I'm running in Pharo?

>> > Hi Esteban,
>> >
>> > I was able to execute the following query, equivalent to what you're
>> > trying
>> > to do on the current dev build of VisualWorks connected to a Store
>> > repository running in PostgreSQL.
>> >
>> >     | session query |
>> >     session := StoreLoginFactory currentStoreSession.
>> >     query read: StorePackage
>> >         where: [:each | | subQuery |
>> >             subQuery := Query read: StorePackage
>> >                 where: [:eachPkg|  eachPkg name = each name].
>> >             subQuery retrieveMax: [:eachPkg | eachPkg timestamp ].
>> >             each timestamp = subQuery].
>> >     session execute: query.
>> >
>> > This appears to be what you're trying to do.

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Glorp version in Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck
Seems it was the one that came with VW 7.7.1.....