GlorpDBX

Jonathan Kelly
Hi,

feeling particularly stupid right now. Been trying to get Glorp DBX
working with Postgresql for the last 2 hours and I'm busted. It took me
about an out just to find out how to load and configure things. ugh. It
took me a while to work out I had to actually install OpenDBX (doh). So
I have downloaded that and added the directory to my PATH.

So I'm trying to run the tests and I get DBXFatalError: FATAL OpenDBX:
when I move the OpenDBX folder, I get a different error - "Error:
External Module Not Found"  from apiInitialize (and I can see it's
trying to load libopendbx-1.dll).

Part of my problem is squeakdbx.org domain expired on 09/27/11 and is
now a godaddy parking page. double ugh.

Anyone got any ideas?
I'm running a fresh 1.3 using CogVM-Win-13307 install on Windows XP.
Jonathan.

Re: GlorpDBX

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Jonothan,

On 24 Oct 2011, at 09:28, Jonathan Kelly wrote:

> Hi,
>

> feeling particularly stupid right now. Been trying to get Glorp DBX
> working with Postgresql for the last 2 hours and I'm busted. It took me
> about an out just to find out how to load and configure things. ugh. It
> took me a while to work out I had to actually install OpenDBX (doh). So
> I have downloaded that and added the directory to my PATH.
>
> So I'm trying to run the tests and I get DBXFatalError: FATAL OpenDBX:
> when I move the OpenDBX folder, I get a different error - "Error:
> External Module Not Found"  from apiInitialize (and I can see it's
> trying to load libopendbx-1.dll).
>
> Part of my problem is squeakdbx.org domain expired on 09/27/11 and is
> now a godaddy parking page. double ugh.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?
> I'm running a fresh 1.3 using CogVM-Win-13307 install on Windows XP.
> Jonathan.

A couple of days ago I got it working in 1.3 with the native (non-dbx) postgresql driver.

I basically did:

Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
        load.

ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX project latestVersion load: 'GlorpPostgresV2NativeWithTests'.

I can't remember exactly, but it more or less worked out of the box.

I did some patches for timestamp decoding and blobs, but these won't hit you right away.

Sven

Re: GlorpDBX

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Jonathan Kelly <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

feeling particularly stupid right now. Been trying to get Glorp DBX
working with Postgresql for the last 2 hours and I'm busted. It took me
about an out just to find out how to load and configure things. ugh. It
took me a while to work out I had to actually install OpenDBX (doh). So
I have downloaded that and added the directory to my PATH.

That's good.

So I'm trying to run the tests and I get DBXFatalError: FATAL OpenDBX:

Now, it is not that it is not finding OpenDBX, but PostgreSQL client library

because
when I move the OpenDBX folder, I get a different error - "Error:
External Module Not Found"  from apiInitialize (and I can see it's
trying to load libopendbx-1.dll).

Part of my problem is squeakdbx.org domain expired on 09/27/11 and is
now a godaddy parking page. double ugh.

Anyone got any ideas?

Install PostgreSQL client library (32 bits) and make sure its lib is findable by windows.

Cheers

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

ConfigurationOfPostgresV2 (Re: GlorpDBX)

Sven Van Caekenberghe

As I wrote some time ago:

On 24 Oct 2011, at 09:38, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> A couple of days ago I got it working in 1.3 with the native (non-dbx) postgresql driver.
>
> I basically did:
>
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
> load.
>
> ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX project latestVersion load: 'GlorpPostgresV2NativeWithTests'.
>
> I can't remember exactly, but it more or less worked out of the box.
>
> I did some patches for timestamp decoding and blobs, but these won't hit you right away.

For the patches, see my two other mails of today.

I do also have an issue with ConfigurationOfPostgresV2: it depends on Cryptography, but that is unneccesary on Pharo as I think the only thing needed is MD5 encoding which Pharo has out of the box. (Cryptography is way too big).

I can't seem to figure out where this config actually came from (it says local package cache in my image), ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX>>#baseline22: says

                spec package: 'GlorpDriverPostgreSQL' with: [
                        spec repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/PostgresV2'.
                        spec postLoadDoIt: #postLoadGlorpPostgresNativeDriverDBXTalkPharo.
                        spec requires: #('PostgresV2' 'Glorp' ) ].

But I can't find it in http://www.squeaksource.com/PostgresV2 either ;-)

Anyway, could someone please help to patch ConfigurationOfPostgresV2 to not load Cryptography on Pharo ?

Thx,

Sven

Re: ConfigurationOfPostgresV2 (Re: GlorpDBX)

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks Sven. I fixed it.
Now you should be able to do

Gofer new
       squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
       package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
       load.

ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX project latestVersion load: 'GlorpPostgresV2NativeWithTests'.

And everything should be fine.

Thanks

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:17 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 09 Nov 2011, at 15:23, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Thanks Sven. I fixed it.
> Now you should be able to do
>
> Gofer new
>        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>        package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
>        load.
>
> ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX project latestVersion load: 'GlorpPostgresV2NativeWithTests'.
>
> And everything should be fine.

Thanks a lot, Mariano.

Sven

Re: ConfigurationOfPostgresV2 (Re: GlorpDBX)

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 09 Nov 2011, at 15:23, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Thanks Sven. I fixed it.
> Now you should be able to do
>
> Gofer new
>        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>        package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
>        load.
>
> ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX project latestVersion load: 'GlorpPostgresV2NativeWithTests'.
>
> And everything should be fine.

Hmm, no: the configuration still loads a fixed, older version of PostgresV2 (PostgresV2-YanniChiu.25 instead of PostgresV2-SvenVanCaekenberghe.27 or 26).

Sven