[Gofer] loading only from package cache but with the same expression

[Gofer] loading only from package cache but with the same expression

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi lukas

is it possible that for an expression that would work if we get network Gofer looks only in the package cache.
so that when you do not have internet but are sure that the files you need are in the package cache
you can use gofer to load them

I thought is was working but this is not that clear. I could not make it work in the library.

Re: [Gofer] loading only from package cache but with the same expression

Lukas Renggli
The default Gofer only uses the package cache:

   Gofer new repositories
    --> an Array(a
MCCacheRepository(/Users/renggli/University/pharo/PetitParser/package-cache))

If you specify other repositories they are tried in that order as well:

   Gofer new renggli: 'ob'; squeaksource: 'rb'; repositories
   -->  an Array(a
MCCacheRepository(/Users/renggli/University/pharo/PetitParser/package-cache)
a MCHttpRepository(http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob) a
MCHttpRepository(http://www.squeaksource.com/rb))

If you disable the package cache, the package cache is ignored:

   Gofer new disablePackageCache; renggli: 'ob'; squeaksource: 'rb';
repositories
   --> an Array(a MCHttpRepository(http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob)
a MCHttpRepository(http://www.squeaksource.com/rb))

If you disable repository errors inaccessible repositories are ignored
and don't throw an error (you have to tell that though):

  Gofer new disableRepositoryErrors; renggli: 'ob'; squeaksource:
'rb'; repositories
  -->  an Array(a
MCCacheRepository(/Users/renggli/University/pharo/PetitParser/package-cache)
a MCHttpRepository(http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob) a
MCHttpRepository(http://www.squeaksource.com/rb))

Lukas

On 19 May 2010 16:59, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi lukas
>
> is it possible that for an expression that would work if we get network Gofer looks only in the package cache.
> so that when you do not have internet but are sure that the files you need are in the package cache
> you can use gofer to load them
>
> I thought is was working but this is not that clear. I could not make it work in the library.
>
> Stef

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Gofer] loading only from package cache but with the same expression

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes I know all that now should I disable errors to get it loading only from the local cache?

> If you disable repository errors inaccessible repositories are ignored
> and don't throw an error (you have to tell that though):
but does it still load from the local-cache?

Stef

On May 19, 2010, at 6:14 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> The default Gofer only uses the package cache:
>
>   Gofer new repositories
>    --> an Array(a
> MCCacheRepository(/Users/renggli/University/pharo/PetitParser/package-cache))
>
> If you specify other repositories they are tried in that order as well:
>
>   Gofer new renggli: 'ob'; squeaksource: 'rb'; repositories
>   -->  an Array(a
> MCCacheRepository(/Users/renggli/University/pharo/PetitParser/package-cache)
> a MCHttpRepository(http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob) a
> MCHttpRepository(http://www.squeaksource.com/rb))
>
> If you disable the package cache, the package cache is ignored:
>
>   Gofer new disablePackageCache; renggli: 'ob'; squeaksource: 'rb';
> repositories
>   --> an Array(a MCHttpRepository(http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob)
> a MCHttpRepository(http://www.squeaksource.com/rb))
>
> If you disable repository errors inaccessible repositories are ignored
> and don't throw an error (you have to tell that though):
>
>  Gofer new disableRepositoryErrors; renggli: 'ob'; squeaksource:
> 'rb'; repositories
>  -->  an Array(a
> MCCacheRepository(/Users/renggli/University/pharo/PetitParser/package-cache)
> a MCHttpRepository(http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob) a
> MCHttpRepository(http://www.squeaksource.com/rb))
>
> Lukas
>
> On 19 May 2010 16:59, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi lukas
>>
>> is it possible that for an expression that would work if we get network Gofer looks only in the package cache.
>> so that when you do not have internet but are sure that the files you need are in the package cache
>> you can use gofer to load them
>>
>> I thought is was working but this is not that clear. I could not make it work in the library.
>>
>> Stef

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Gofer] loading only from package cache but with the same expression

Lukas Renggli
The default are, as the documentation says:

- report errors
- use package cache

Everything else you need to configure separately.

Lukas

On 19 May 2010 18:23, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes I know all that now should I disable errors to get it loading only from the local cache?
>
>> If you disable repository errors inaccessible repositories are ignored
>> and don't throw an error (you have to tell that though):
> but does it still load from the local-cache?
>

> Stef
>

> On May 19, 2010, at 6:14 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> The default Gofer only uses the package cache:
>>
>>   Gofer new repositories
>>    --> an Array(a
>> MCCacheRepository(/Users/renggli/University/pharo/PetitParser/package-cache))
>>
>> If you specify other repositories they are tried in that order as well:
>>
>>   Gofer new renggli: 'ob'; squeaksource: 'rb'; repositories
>>   -->  an Array(a
>> MCCacheRepository(/Users/renggli/University/pharo/PetitParser/package-cache)
>> a MCHttpRepository(http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob) a
>> MCHttpRepository(http://www.squeaksource.com/rb))
>>
>> If you disable the package cache, the package cache is ignored:
>>
>>   Gofer new disablePackageCache; renggli: 'ob'; squeaksource: 'rb';
>> repositories
>>   --> an Array(a MCHttpRepository(http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob)
>> a MCHttpRepository(http://www.squeaksource.com/rb))
>>
>> If you disable repository errors inaccessible repositories are ignored
>> and don't throw an error (you have to tell that though):
>>
>>  Gofer new disableRepositoryErrors; renggli: 'ob'; squeaksource:
>> 'rb'; repositories
>>  -->  an Array(a
>> MCCacheRepository(/Users/renggli/University/pharo/PetitParser/package-cache)
>> a MCHttpRepository(http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob) a
>> MCHttpRepository(http://www.squeaksource.com/rb))
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 19 May 2010 16:59, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi lukas
>>>
>>> is it possible that for an expression that would work if we get network Gofer looks only in the package cache.
>>> so that when you do not have internet but are sure that the files you need are in the package cache
>>> you can use gofer to load them
>>>
>>> I thought is was working but this is not that clear. I could not make it work in the library.
>>>
>>> Stef
>>>

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Gofer] loading only from package cache but with the same expression

Lukas Renggli
Yes, these two things are independent of each other.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Gofer] loading only from package cache but with the same expression

Stéphane Ducasse
ok I missed that!

Stef