Gofer loads wrong version?

Herby Vojčík
Hello!

As I need to load specific version of Glorp with my fix, and I did not
find out how to force-override it in my baseline, I tried to load it
post-the-baseline via Gofer:

(Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Glorp')
   package: 'Glorp';
   version: 'Glorp-HerbyVojcik.127';
   load.

But it actually looks like this: [see attached bogusgofer.png].

OTOH, after the image loads the tests pass and monticello browser looks
like this: [see attached mbloaded127.png].

Am I doing something wrong? I am a bit afraid what is actually loaded /
if it won't break b/c of inconsistent state.

Herby

bogusgofer.PNG (34K) Download Attachment
mbloaded127.PNG (109K) Download Attachment

Re: Gofer loads wrong version?

Herby Vojčík
Herby Vojčík wrote:

> Hello!
>
> As I need to load specific version of Glorp with my fix, and I did not
> find out how to force-override it in my baseline, I tried to load it
> post-the-baseline via Gofer:
>
> (Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Glorp')
> package: 'Glorp';
> version: 'Glorp-HerbyVojcik.127';
> load.
>
> But it actually looks like this: [see attached bogusgofer.png].
>
> OTOH, after the image loads the tests pass and monticello browser looks
> like this: [see attached mbloaded127.png].
>
> Am I doing something wrong? I am a bit afraid what is actually loaded /
> if it won't break b/c of inconsistent state.

P.S.: Epicea shows "Loading 127 and 129". I only wanted to load 127. ???

> Herby

Re: Gofer loads wrong version?

Herby Vojčík
Bump.

Can you pls help me with how to load proper version / finding what is
wrong here?

As shown in replies, it loads two versions (eg. it seems it loads
everything it finds in the repo).

Herby

Herby Vojčík wrote:

> Hello!
>
> As I need to load specific version of Glorp with my fix, and I did not
> find out how to force-override it in my baseline, I tried to load it
> post-the-baseline via Gofer:
>
> (Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Glorp')
> package: 'Glorp';
> version: 'Glorp-HerbyVojcik.127';
> load.
>
> But it actually looks like this: [see attached bogusgofer.png].
>
> OTOH, after the image loads the tests pass and monticello browser looks
> like this: [see attached mbloaded127.png].
>
> Am I doing something wrong? I am a bit afraid what is actually loaded /
> if it won't break b/c of inconsistent state.
>
> Herby

Re: Gofer loads wrong version?

Guillermo Polito

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!

As I need to load specific version of Glorp with my fix, and I did not find out how to force-override it in my baseline, I tried to load it post-the-baseline via Gofer:

(Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Glorp')
  package: 'Glorp';
  version: 'Glorp-HerbyVojcik.127';
  load.

But it actually looks like this: [see attached bogusgofer.png].

OTOH, after the image loads the tests pass and monticello browser looks like this: [see attached mbloaded127.png].

Am I doing something wrong? I am a bit afraid what is actually loaded / if it won't break b/c of inconsistent state.

From my understanding, loading was right:
 - underlined in monticello means loaded
 - bold means not loaded
 - normal (not bold nor underlined) means ancestor of loaded version

So I'd say you have effectively loaded Glorp-HerbyVojcik.127 in your system.

Now, why in the progress bar somebody is loading the version 129? I'm not sure, maybe that's the metacello configuration? Or monticello needs that to calculate something with ancestors? Dunno...

Herby

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Guillermo Polito wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello!
>
>     As I need to load specific version of Glorp with my fix, and I did
>     not find out how to force-override it in my baseline, I tried to
>     load it post-the-baseline via Gofer:
>
>     (Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Glorp')
>        package: 'Glorp';
>        version: 'Glorp-HerbyVojcik.127';
>        load.
>
>     But it actually looks like this: [see attached bogusgofer.png].
>
>     OTOH, after the image loads the tests pass and monticello browser
>     looks like this: [see attached mbloaded127.png].
>
>     Am I doing something wrong? I am a bit afraid what is actually
>     loaded / if it won't break b/c of inconsistent state.
>

>  From my understanding, loading was right:
>   - underlined in monticello means loaded
>   - bold means not loaded
>   - normal (not bold nor underlined) means ancestor of loaded version
>
> So I'd say you have effectively loaded Glorp-HerbyVojcik.127 in your system.
>
> Now, why in the progress bar somebody is loading the version 129? I'm
> not sure, maybe that's the metacello configuration? Or monticello needs
> that to calculate something with ancestors? Dunno...

Epicea item has something like "loading versions 127 and 129" in its
title, so it probably means it actually loaded both (as they are the
only ones being there, it seems it loaded all versions that it found). :-/

Now is it a bug in M*cello or is it me who is doing something wrong?

Re: Gofer loads wrong version?

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 12-09-17 21:58, Herby Vojčík wrote:

> Bump.
>
> Can you pls help me with how to load proper version / finding what is
> wrong here?
>
> As shown in replies, it loads two versions (eg. it seems it loads
> everything it finds in the repo).
>
> Herby
>
> Herby Vojčík wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> As I need to load specific version of Glorp with my fix, and I did not
>> find out how to force-override it in my baseline, I tried to load it
>> post-the-baseline via Gofer:
>>
>> (Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Glorp')
>> package: 'Glorp';
>> version: 'Glorp-HerbyVojcik.127';
>> load.
>>
>> But it actually looks like this: [see attached bogusgofer.png].
>>
>> OTOH, after the image loads the tests pass and monticello browser looks
>> like this: [see attached mbloaded127.png].
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong? I am a bit afraid what is actually loaded /
>> if it won't break b/c of inconsistent state.

No, it is fine. Telling Gofer package: means prepare to load the latest
version, so you give Gofer two versions to load.

https://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/gofer

Stephan

stephan wrote:

> On 12-09-17 21:58, Herby Vojčík wrote:
>> Bump.
>>
>> Can you pls help me with how to load proper version / finding what is
>> wrong here?
>>
>> As shown in replies, it loads two versions (eg. it seems it loads
>> everything it finds in the repo).
>>
>> Herby
>>
>> Herby Vojčík wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> As I need to load specific version of Glorp with my fix, and I did not
>>> find out how to force-override it in my baseline, I tried to load it
>>> post-the-baseline via Gofer:
>>>
>>> (Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Glorp')
>>> package: 'Glorp';
>>> version: 'Glorp-HerbyVojcik.127';
>>> load.
>>>
>>> But it actually looks like this: [see attached bogusgofer.png].
>>>
>>> OTOH, after the image loads the tests pass and monticello browser looks
>>> like this: [see attached mbloaded127.png].
>>>
>>> Am I doing something wrong? I am a bit afraid what is actually loaded /
>>> if it won't break b/c of inconsistent state.
>
> No, it is fine. Telling Gofer package: means prepare to load the latest
> version, so you give Gofer two versions to load.

Thank you, sir. Changed it to:

(Gofer new smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Glorp')
   version: 'Glorp-HerbyVojcik.127';
   load.

and now it does exactly what I wanted.

Herby