Good book on object oriented design?

Conrad Taylor
Hi ALL, I'm starting to refresh my skill set with Smalltalk using the VisualWorks environment.  Anyway, I'm wanting to go a little deeper as far as object oriented design.  Thus, does anyone have good recommendation(s) for a good book on object oriented design?   BTW, I have the following two excellent books:

Smalltalk Best Practice Patterns
Design Patterns

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

Re: Good book on object oriented design?

Christian Haider

I liked “Smalltalk, Objects, and Design” by Chamond Liu

Re: Good book on object oriented design?

Ivan Tomek

I think that the answer depends somewhat on the nature and size of the project and design team. For smaller projects and teams I think that Extreme Programming books offer an interesting approach to explore, especially for Smalltalk.

Ivan

Re: Good book on object oriented design?

Carl Gundel
+1
Great book!

-Carl Gundel
Liberty BASIC for Windows - http://www.libertybasic.com
Run BASIC, easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com

On Oct 10, 2011, at 11:29 AM, "Christian Haider" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I liked “Smalltalk, Objects, and Design” by Chamond Liu

Re: Good book on object oriented design?

Ralph Johnson
“Smalltalk, Objects, and Design” by Chamond Liu is a great book, and
it is easy to get.  It is more conceptual, and less about a particular
Smalltalk dialect.

The XP books are good about a process to follow, but not really about
design.  XP goes great with Smalltalk, since it was more or less
invented on Smalltalk projects.

-Ralph

Re: Good book on object oriented design?

Conrad Taylor

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 10, 2011, at 8:33 AM, Ivan Tomek <[hidden email]> wrote:

I think that the answer depends somewhat on the nature and size of the project and design team. For smaller projects and teams I think that Extreme Programming books offer an interesting approach to explore, especially for Smalltalk.

Ivan, I'm more concerned about the design process.  For example, using the SOLID rules for constructing good object models.  At this point, I'm clear on the TDD (i.e. red, green, refactor).  Also, I'm familiar with principles of using DRY during the refactoring process.  Now,  I would like to start going a little further by applying the SOLID principles.

-Conrad

Ivan

Re: Good book on object oriented design?

swcwork
+1 again for “Smalltalk, Objects, and Design” - it was the first one that came to mind when I saw your question - easy to get from Amazon
Steve Cline