Good way to promote Smalltalk

askoh
Administrator
Being able to shine in software competitions is a very good way for Smalltalk to get exposure. We should present our technologies as such competitions as much as possible. Enjoy the case below.
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/main/2017/03/one-cincom-engineer-got-450-programmers-bite-smalltalk/

Aik-Siong Koh

Re: Good way to promote Smalltalk

Ben Coman
It certainly makes a quantifiable measure of performance.
cheers -ben

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 12:57 AM, askoh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Being able to shine in software competitions is a very good way for Smalltalk
> to get exposure. We should present our technologies as such competitions as
> much as possible. Enjoy the case below.
> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/main/2017/03/one-cincom-engineer-got-450-programmers-bite-smalltalk/
>
> Aik-Siong Koh

Re: Good way to promote Smalltalk

Ben Coman
I was having a browse of the practice problems of Google's Code Jam and it strikes me that it would be useful to have a competition toolset for common tasks like:
* interactively parsing text input data into objects
* dealing with test cases
* visualizing the input and output data to help cognitively understand the problem & solution.
* producing a source code list in a suitable form for submission

[1] https://code.google.com/codejam/contest/32003/dashboard#s=p0

cheers -ben

philippe.back@highoctane.be

Le 24 mars 2017 03:03, "Ben Coman" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
I was having a browse of the practice problems of Google's Code Jam and it strikes me that it would be useful to have a competition toolset for common tasks like:
* interactively parsing text input data into objects
* dealing with test cases
* visualizing the input and output data to help cognitively understand the problem & solution.
* producing a source code list in a suitable form for submission

Definitely. And being deployable easily.

Phil

[1] https://code.google.com/codejam/contest/32003/dashboard#s=p0

cheers -ben

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 7:30 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It certainly makes a quantifiable measure of performance.
> cheers -ben
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 12:57 AM, askoh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Being able to shine in software competitions is a very good way for Smalltalk
>> to get exposure. We should present our technologies as such competitions as
>> much as possible. Enjoy the case below.
>> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/main/2017/03/one-cincom-engineer-got-450-programmers-bite-smalltalk/
>>
>> Aik-Siong Koh

Re: Good way to promote Smalltalk

askoh
Administrator
TechGig Code Gladiators is the world's largest code contest. Organized in India but invites world participation. Is in the news now.

http://tech.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/internet/techgig-code-gladiators-announces-bounty-of-over-rs-5-million/57809574

Aik-Siong Koh