Goodies revamped

Bob Jarvis
I've revamped how my goodies are distributed - now they're all in one
big ZIP instead of a bunch of small ones.  I also included a few
interesting tidbits, including some (very) basic Telnet support, a
job-shop scheduling package (slow enough to be impractical, fast
enough to be fun), and a few more odds-and-ends.  As always they're at

     http://www.nls.net/mp/jarvis/Bob/DolphinGoodies.htm

Oh, and the ExternalProcess goodie has been revised to allow external
processes to run either synchronously (as before) or asynchronously.
Did I mention the stable SortedCollection subclass?

Share and enjoy.

Re: Goodies revamped

Chris Uppal-3
Bob Jarvis wrote:

> I've revamped how my goodies are distributed - now they're all in one
> big ZIP instead of a bunch of small ones.  I also included a few
> interesting tidbits, [...]

I just noticed the new stuff yesterday.  Thanks for that.

> Did I mention the stable SortedCollection subclass?

This brings to mind something I've been meaning to ask for for ages.  Would
it be possible to change ListView so that it uses a stable sort ?  That way,
when we sort a list by clicking a column header, some of the previous
ordering (if any) would be preserved.  E.g. in a list of methods, with
'package' 'class' and 'selector' as the columns, clicking on selector then
on class would leave the methods sorted by selector within each class.  One
can code that effect specially in some cases (and there are a few examples
in the image), but it'd be nice to have a general solution.

    -- chris

Re: Goodies revamped

Chris Uppal-3
I wrote:

> > Did I mention the stable SortedCollection subclass?
>
> This brings to mind something I've been meaning to ask for for ages.

I wasn't being very clear, sorry.  I'm asking OA if they'd think of
providing the feature, not you Bob.

    -- chris

Re: Goodies revamped

Bob Jarvis
"Chris Uppal" <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:<[hidden email]>...
> I wrote:
>
> > > Did I mention the stable SortedCollection subclass?
> >
> > This brings to mind something I've been meaning to ask for for ages.
>
> I wasn't being very clear, sorry.  I'm asking OA if they'd think of
> providing the feature, not you Bob.

No problem - I didn't think you had any such expectations.  But
remember - be careful what you wish for, 'cuz you just might get it.
:-)  <scribble-scribble-scribble-type-type-type>.  OK, go grab a fresh
copy of my goodies (oh, I renamed MergeSortCollection to
StableSortedCollection and added a few new things), and check out the
StableListPresenter class.  This hasn't been tested and may or may not
do what you want, but I'm hoping it's close.  If it's not quite what
you had in mind, doesn't work, or otherwise requires some tender
loving care, please fix it up and send me a copy.

Share and enjoy.