Google AdSense

Sanjay Minni
Hi

how do I place google adsense in my Pharo+Seaside website or what is the usual practice

typically the code will be like ...

<script async src=".../adsbygoogle.js"></script>...
</script>

regards
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Google AdSense

Philippe Marschall
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> how do I place google adsense in my Pharo+Seaside website or what is the
> usual practice

Something like

html script: 'the script content'

should do the trick. You'll likely want to write a dedicated component
for this that you can place at the bottom of you page.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Google AdSense

Sanjay Minni
This post was updated on .
Thanks ... but seems it does not work

here is the code it generates (thru halos):
lines 1, 2, 9, 10 are from seaside
5. adsense              <ins class="adsbygoogle" style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px"
6. adsense                                   data-ad-client="..."
7. adsense                                   data-ad-slot="..."></ins>
8. adsense            <script> (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); </script>9. seaside       /*]]>*/
10.seaside </script>

noticed its comming all garbled in the mailing list hence trying to show it formatted thru an image:

How to avoid the seaside part of code or replace with the adsense acript tags

regards
Sanjay

Philippe Marschall wrote
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> how do I place google adsense in my Pharo+Seaside website or what is the
> usual practice

Something like

html script: 'the script content'

should do the trick. You'll likely want to write a dedicated component
for this that you can place at the bottom of you page.

Cheers
Philippe
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Google AdSense

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Use

  html html: '<tag>..</tag>'

> On 20 Mar 2015, at 05:34, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks ... but seems it does not work
>
> here is the code it generates (thru halos):
> lines 1, 2, 9, 10 are from seaside
> lines 3-8 are the adsense code this includes
> 4. adsense
> 5. adsense              <ins class=&quot;adsbygoogle&quot;
> style=&quot;display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px&quot;
> 6. adsense                                   data-ad-client=&quot;...&quot;
> 7. adsense
> data-ad-slot=&quot;...&quot;></ins>
> 8. adsense
> 9. seaside       /*]]>*/
> 10.seaside </script>
>
> How to avoid the seaside part of code or replace with the adsense acript
> tags
>
> regards
> Sanjay
>

> Philippe Marschall wrote
>> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Sanjay Minni &lt;
>
>> sm@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> how do I place google adsense in my Pharo+Seaside website or what is the
>>> usual practice
>>
>> Something like
>>
>> html script: 'the script content'
>>
>> should do the trick. You'll likely want to write a dedicated component
>> for this that you can place at the bottom of you page.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe
>

> -----
> ---
> Regards, Sanjay

Re: Google AdSense

Sanjay Minni
Thanks

It works (I've just used it on uxfin.com ... a playground site)

Regards
Sanjay

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
Use

  html html: '<tag>..</tag>'

> On 20 Mar 2015, at 05:34, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks ... but seems it does not work
>
> here is the code it generates (thru halos):
> lines 1, 2, 9, 10 are from seaside
> lines 3-8 are the adsense code this includes
> 4. adsense
> 5. adsense              <ins class=&quot;adsbygoogle&quot;
> style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px"
> 6. adsense                                   data-ad-client="..."
> 7. adsense
> data-ad-slot="..."></ins>
> 8. adsense
> 9. seaside       /*]]>*/
> 10.seaside </script>
>
> How to avoid the seaside part of code or replace with the adsense acript
> tags
>
> regards
> Sanjay
>

> Philippe Marschall wrote
>> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Sanjay Minni <
>
>> sm@
>
>> > wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> how do I place google adsense in my Pharo+Seaside website or what is the
>>> usual practice
>>
>> Something like
>>
>> html script: 'the script content'
>>
>> should do the trick. You'll likely want to write a dedicated component
>> for this that you can place at the bottom of you page.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe
>

> -----
> ---
> Regards, Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Google AdSense

Sanjay Minni
Hi Phillippe,

(while html html: '...' works) I wanted to understand your suggestion on making a dedicated component.

Typically I was putting it in a separate method within the class using code and then calling "self renderGoogleAd: html" at the required places. Is there a more appropriate way ?

regards
Sanjay

Philippe Marschall wrote
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> how do I place google adsense in my Pharo+Seaside website or what is the
> usual practice

Something like

html script: 'the script content'

should do the trick. You'll likely want to write a dedicated component
for this that you can place at the bottom of you page.

Cheers
Philippe
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Google AdSense

Philippe Marschall
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Phillippe,
>
> (while html html: '...' works) I wanted to understand your suggestion on
> making a dedicated component.
>
> Typically I was putting it in a separate method within the class using code
> and then calling "self renderGoogleAd: html" at the required places. Is
> there a more appropriate way ?

Putting it inside a dedicated component makes it more easily reusable.
There is no need to do this. There is no clear rule what should be a
component and what not. You can always do this later.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Google AdSense

Paul DeBruicker
Julian Fitzell wrote up a nice overview about when to use a component or not here:

http://blog.fitzell.ca/2009/05/when-to-use-seaside-component.html

Sanjay Minni wrote