Google Adsense

ching
Does Seaside work with Google Adsense? Has anyone done this on a site? Many Thanks.

Ching

RE: Google Adsense

Ramon Leon-5

Adsense is a client side JavaScript technology, it will work with any web
framework, what you use on the server to generate said html and JavaScript
isn't relevant.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

RE: Google Adsense

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
It's the same with Google Analytics and it works just fine, see "Seaside
+ Google Analytics" here: http://leftshore.wordpress.com/tag/javascript/
(for some reason direct links aren't working on WordPress right now).

Cheers,

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Re: Google Adsense

ching
Thanks Ramon,

I got this from one of the Google Tech Guys:

After reviewing http://chings-world.com/, I noticed the site was created
using XHTML. Unfortunately, our code is not currently XHTML compatible.
However, you may find helpful tips on how to fix this by visiting
http://keystonewebsites.com/articles/adsense.php . You can also find
additional advice on making the code XHTML compatible by searching Google
for "AdSense XHTML."

Any thoughts on this matter?

Ching

On 8/10/07, Ramon Leon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

Thanks Boris,

The links work fine for me and I read your post. Could it be Adsense is somehow a little different from Google Analytics?

Ching

On 8/10/07, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's the same with Google Analytics and it works just fine, see "Seaside
+ Google Analytics" here: http://leftshore.wordpress.com/tag/javascript/
(for some reason direct links aren't working on WordPress right now).

Cheers,

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.
4th floor 595 Howe Street
Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Re: Google Adsense

ching
There are some articles suggesting a fix which included writing separate html files. I am wondering if there is a Seaside-style way of doing this?

+ Google Analytics" here: <a href="http://leftshore.wordpress.com/tag/javascript/" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> http://leftshore.wordpress.com/tag/javascript/
(for some reason direct links aren't working on WordPress right now).

Cheers,

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.
4th floor 595 Howe Street
Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

RE: Google Adsense

Ramon Leon-5
> Thanks Ramon,
>
> I got this from one of the Google Tech Guys:
>
> After reviewing http://chings-world.com/, I noticed the site
> was created using XHTML. Unfortunately, our code is not
> currently XHTML compatible.
> However, you may find helpful tips on how to fix this by
> visiting http://keystonewebsites.com/articles/adsense.php .
> You can also find additional advice on making the code XHTML
> compatible by searching Google for "AdSense XHTML."
>
> Any thoughts on this matter?
>
> Ching

You could try this on your root component to see if it starts working..

updateRoot: aRoot
  aRoot docType: ''

This clears the doc type declaration, might work.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

Re: Google Adsense

ching
Nope, sorry. It didn't work. I think it involves a little more than docType. Adsense might be more at fault here, not being XHTML-compliant. Thanks anyway.

Ching

On 8/10/07, Ramon Leon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Ramon,

> I got this from one of the Google Tech Guys:
>
> After reviewing http://chings-world.com/, I noticed the site
> was created using XHTML. Unfortunately, our code is not
> currently XHTML compatible.
> However, you may find helpful tips on how to fix this by
> visiting http://keystonewebsites.com/articles/adsense.php .
> You can also find additional advice on making the code XHTML
> compatible by searching Google for "AdSense XHTML."
>
> Any thoughts on this matter?
>
> Ching

You could try this on your root component to see if it starts working..

updateRoot: aRoot
  aRoot docType: ''

This clears the doc type declaration, might work.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

Re: Google Adsense

Philippe Marschall
2007/8/10, Ching de la Serna <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks Ramon,
>
> I got this from one of the Google Tech Guys:
>
>  After reviewing http://chings-world.com/, I noticed the site was created
>  using XHTML. Unfortunately, our code is not currently XHTML compatible.
>  However, you may find helpful tips on how to fix this by visiting
>  http://keystonewebsites.com/articles/adsense.php . You can
> also find
>  additional advice on making the code XHTML compatible by searching Google
>  for "AdSense XHTML."
>
> Any thoughts on this matter?

The article is pretty straight. The problem is that document.write()
doesn't work in XML mode (Google's fault here). Fortunately most
people use HTML mode for XHTML because browser support is crap.  The
soultion is simple: serve as 'text/html' (which is the default) and
not as 'application/xhtml+xml'.

Cheeers
Philippe

> Ching

Re: Google Adsense

ching
Thanks a lot folks, for the life of me I cannot understand what has happened. Ads were suddenly being served and I have absolutely no idea how. To further muddle/clarify the situation, I did as suggested by the article by Stu Nicholls:

 http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/adsense.html

I did get something served on the little frame where the ads were supposed to go but it was a small version of my website (wierd!)

On reading Philippe's message, I decided to implement the suggestion at:

http://keystonewebsites.com/articles/adsense.php

I got some wierd characters (which were part of the Php tags. On cleaning up those php scrpts, lo and behold! ads were served as they should. It gets wierder because when I tried changing the other ad units, I could not replicate it (ads being served on some units but not on the other ad units).

On closer examination, I realized that nothing had really been changed from my original code.