Google Gears

Maarten Mostert-2
Hi,

When I do a yahoo search with the name of my website and then point to it yahoo tells me:

What is the explanation for this behaviour.

Best regards,

@+Maarten,

Re: Google Gears

Lukas Renggli
> When I do a yahoo search with the name of my website and then point to it
> yahoo tells me:

How is this related to Pier? Can you provide more information?

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Google Gears

Maarten Mostert-2
My website   http://stakepoint.com/    runs Pier 1.2

This window only popsup when using chrome under IE it doesn't.

I just want to check out that Pier does not something inteligent provoking
this thing.

Regards,

@+Maarten,

PS Allthough very simple, it would be cool if add my website under projects:
StakePoint project management software (stakepoint.com)

>> When I do a yahoo search with the name of my website and then point to it
>> yahoo tells me:
>
> How is this related to Pier? Can you provide more information?
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Ce message entrant est certifie sans virus connu.
Analyse effectuee par AVG - www.avg.fr
Version: 8.5.375 / Base de donnees virale: 270.13.58/2306 - Date: 08/16/09
06:09:00

Re: Google Gears

Lukas Renggli
> I just want to check out that Pier does not something inteligent provoking
> this thing.

No, Pier does not use Google Gears.

I cannot reproduce the problem with Chrome, Safari, Opera and FireFox.

> PS Allthough very simple, it would be cool if add my website under projects:
> StakePoint project management software (stakepoint.com)

Great, I added the link.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Google Gears

Nicolas Roard
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 5:18 AM, Maarten
MOSTERT<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I do a yahoo search with the name of my website and then point to it
> yahoo tells me:
>

> What is the explanation for this behaviour.

This has nothing to do with pier -- it just seems that yahoo is using
the gears database module, that's all. Apparently it's not used
everytime (can't reproduce it here) so my bet is that it's a small
experiment (i.e. they probably only push it on a fraction of their
users).
We saw it reported on the gears mailing list as well (I used to work on gears).

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound

Re: Google Gears

Lukas Renggli
> This has nothing to do with pier -- it just seems that yahoo is using
> the gears database module, that's all. Apparently it's not used
> everytime (can't reproduce it here) so my bet is that it's a small
> experiment (i.e. they probably only push it on a fraction of their
> users).
> We saw it reported on the gears mailing list as well (I used to work on gears).

Heh, thank you for the update.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Google Gears

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 4:33 AM, Maarten MOSTERT <[hidden email]> wrote:
My website   http://stakepoint.com/    runs Pier 1.2

Interesting project. May I ask in which programming language is it done?  VW?

Best,

Mariano