Google Maps API

Andres Fortier-2
Hi list,
            I'm starting to work with google maps in
Seaside and I was wondering if someone has already
ported its API. In case the answer is no, are there any
hints or guidelines on porting javascript APIs to seaside?

Thanks in advance,
                      Andrés

Re: Google Maps API

Michael Lucas-Smith-3
Jerry Kott is currently doing this - if he's not on the list yet, I'll
talk to him about it.

Andres Fortier wrote:

> Hi list,
>            I'm starting to work with google maps in Seaside and I was
> wondering if someone has already ported its API. In case the answer is
> no, are there any hints or guidelines on porting javascript APIs to
> seaside?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>                        Andrés

Re: Google Maps API

Andres Fortier-2
Great, thanks Michael.

Michael Lucas-Smith escribió:

> Jerry Kott is currently doing this - if he's not on the list yet, I'll
> talk to him about it.
>
> Andres Fortier wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>            I'm starting to work with google maps in Seaside and I was
>> wondering if someone has already ported its API. In case the answer is
>> no, are there any hints or guidelines on porting javascript APIs to
>> seaside?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>                        Andrés

Re: Google Maps API

cedreek
Does people know this alternative ?

http://www.mapstraction.com/

I thought it could be better thant only gmap api...

Cédrick

Re: Google Maps API

Rajeev Lochan
This maybe of some help.
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/pairprogramming

Rajeev

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:41 PM, cdrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does people know this alternative ?

http://www.mapstraction.com/

I thought it could be better thant only gmap api...

Cédrick

Rajeev Lochan

Co-founder, AR-CAD.com

http://www.ar-cad.com
+91 9243468076 (Bangalore)
080 65355873

Re: Google Maps API

Lorenzo
If you get in touch with Ale Reimondo Alejandro F. Reimondo
<[hidden email]> you will find a porting of google earth in
Smalltalk (VSE).

Ciao

Lorenzo

>            I'm starting to work with google maps in Seaside and I was
> wondering if someone has already ported its API. In case the answer is no,
> are there any hints or guidelines on porting javascript APIs to seaside?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>                Andrés

Re: Google Maps API

Andres Fortier-2
Thanks for the pointer, I'll definitely consider it.
I'm only a bit concerned that maybe being too general
may miss some capabilities of GMaps, but again, I must
first evaluate it.

Thanks again,
                       Andrés

cdrick escribió:

> Does people know this alternative ?
>
> http://www.mapstraction.com/
>
> I thought it could be better thant only gmap api...
>
> Cédrick

Re: Google Maps API

Andres Fortier-2
Yes, thanks for the link.

Andrés

Rajeev Lochan escribió:

> This maybe of some help.
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/pairprogramming
>
> Rajeev
>
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:41 PM, cdrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Does people know this alternative ?
>>
>> http://www.mapstraction.com/
>>
>> I thought it could be better thant only gmap api...
>>
>> Cédrick

Re: Google Maps API

Michael Lucas-Smith-3
That's interesting - I've passed it on to Jerry.

cdrick wrote:

> Does people know this alternative ?
>
> http://www.mapstraction.com/
>
> I thought it could be better thant only gmap api...
>
> Cédrick

Re: Google Maps API

Andres Fortier-2
hi Lorenzo,
                   maybe I'm wrong, but AFAIK
Alejandro's port is to manage GE from a desktop app,
particularly in MS Windows. I'm currently looking for
handling GM in a web app.

Best regards,
                       Andrés

Lorenzo Schiavina escribió:

> If you get in touch with Ale Reimondo Alejandro F. Reimondo
> <[hidden email]> you will find a porting of google earth
> in Smalltalk (VSE).
>
> Ciao
>
> Lorenzo
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andres Fortier"
> <[hidden email]>

RE: Google Maps API

Jerry Kott-3
As Michael mentioned, I've been looking into it (sorry for the late
reply, I just subscribed to the list recently). I don't know if you will
see a port from Cincom any time soon. It's a matter of priorities. We
_may_ have a limited port, likely starting with static map API.

Jerry

Alejandro's port is to manage GE from a desktop app,
particularly in MS Windows. I'm currently looking for
handling GM in a web app.

Best regards,
                       Andrés

Lorenzo Schiavina escribió:
> If you get in touch with Ale Reimondo Alejandro F. Reimondo
> <[hidden email]> you will find a porting of google earth

> in Smalltalk (VSE).
>
> Ciao
>
> Lorenzo
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andres Fortier"
> <[hidden email]>

Re: Google Maps API

Conrad Taylor
Hi, is there a projects page for Seaside where Smalltalk developers
can create new projects and/or see/join existing projects?  Just
curious based on the current request.

Thanks,

-Conrad

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 21, 2008, at 8:19 PM, "Jerry Kott" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As Michael mentioned, I've been looking into it (sorry for the late
> reply, I just subscribed to the list recently). I don't know if you
> will
> see a port from Cincom any time soon. It's a matter of priorities. We
> _may_ have a limited port, likely starting with static map API.
>
> Jerry

Re: Google Maps API

Andres Fortier-2
Jerry,
         I'm currently working on the GMaps API since
is a need for us right now. I currently have the maps
running and the ability to install listeners for any
events that send callbacks to the St image. The next
step is refactoring a bit the code and adding marker
support. If you are interested in making a joint effort
please let me know.

Cheers,
             Andrés