Google wave & Seaside - hard parts? easy parts?

Google wave & Seaside - hard parts? easy parts?

Sophie424
Any early thoughts on where it will be harder or easier to use Seaside
with Wave? e.g. robots vs. gadgets?

Thanks!

Re: Google wave & Seaside - hard parts? easy parts?

Damien Pollet
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 18:08, Sophie <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Any early thoughts on where it will be harder or easier to use Seaside with
> Wave? e.g. robots vs. gadgets?

As far as I (mis)understood, Google Wave uses essentially XMPP
(Jabber) as a communication protocol, so you'd need a Smalltalk
implementation of that first. The Wave user interface might be a web
application, but the rest seemed quite independent of that.

--
Damien Pollet

Re: Google wave & Seaside - hard parts? easy parts?

Julian Fitzell-2
There is an implementation of XMPP on SqueakSource which Michael Ruger
and I started. It also got taken into Croquet and (possibly?) extended
but I didn't look at that version too carefully. Plenty of room for
improvement as I never ended up using it and so stopped working on it
but it's a good start if anyone wants to pick it up again.

Julian