GoogleCharts 0.3

Tom Rake
I have done a new release of GoogleCharts 0.3 for amber. https://github.com/tomrake/googlecharts  I have sent a pull request to Nicolas. This code runs on the amber https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber/commits/master c70d83e871a01226f9ee093c3f157d95631e9bea from 4 days ago. I updated the README.md and reformated many of the code and class comments.

My amber clone has this code available a submodule  https://github.com/tomrake/amber You must git submodule init and git submodule update after you clone! Git Submodules have a few problems and I am almost sorry I started using them.

What is new in 0.3?

12 Chart types. All the Charts in the Google Chart Gallery https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery are implemented and the Popup Chart Example will fill the page with 12 example Charts when you click various buttons.

New API. The API has changed, see the README.md file  or Read the code examples to see how Charts can be produced.

Gadgets!. GoogleChart and GoogleApp are now Gadget subclasses and can render an entire page which can contain many Graphs the Popup Chart Example has 12.

I am planning interactive charts for version 0.4, Technically this can be done in 0.3 but I need to write the example code.

I would like to create Automagic loading of support javascript libraries but this will require design as well as some code refactoring.

Beyond those feature there are Chart Data and Toolbox items in the Google Chart Tools page that may need to be implemented.

Re: GoogleCharts 0.3

Nicolas Petton
Very nice!
Thanks for sharing it!

Cheers,
Nico

On Feb 28, 2013, at 3:33 AM, Thomas Rake <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I made few changes to the read me and bumped the version to 0.3.1. Removed the old pull request and replaced it with a new one.

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:32:55 AM UTC-5, nicolas petton wrote:
Very nice!
Thanks for sharing it!

Cheers,
Nico

On Feb 28, 2013, at 3:33 AM, Thomas Rake <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="WkgCxtYa2fsJ">tom....@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi!

I was thinking that maybe it's time to move all Amber examples to a separate git repository?
Also, we could have an Amber organization on GIthub.

Nico

On Feb 28, 2013, at 8:19 PM, Thomas Rake <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I have been considering similar thoughts. I have continuing reservations that my use of git submodules would put extra effort on the "amber development team".

I just reviewed the examples and I think processing, googlecharts, presentation and twitterwall are webapp style things. android, nodejs and webos are "different animals". I would call the Getting Started tutorial as directions for constructing a webapp in amber.

I think a Amber Development and Amber Application split or decoupling is a good idea. Perhaps we could start with a starting example App who's real purpose is to be forked to build other Amber applications. Perhaps we need a node starting example as well.

-Tom Rake